Customizing Playroom sounds

12 Nachrichten, 1 Seiten: 1  ↖ Zurück zur Themenliste

~msgScore~: +0

1. supanut2000,

Hi. I think it would be really nice if the ability to customize the sounds in Playroom (excluding in-game sounds) was added. E.G I could have a totally different, customized sound when someone sends me a pm, or when I win or lose a game.

2. Nikola,

Go to app data/roaming/qcgc/sounds and just change whatever you want.

3. supanut2000,

Yeah I know you can just replace the sound files but I mean being able to change the sounds right from the options page of Playroom client itself, without replacing the sound files manually.

4. Nikola,

It's the same thing.

5. supanut2000,

What I'm trying to say is, there should be an option to change individual event sounds in the Playroom client itself, just like how you are able to change individual event sounds in Windows or in Skype without replacing the default sound files.

6. Vojvoda ,

I got you, it is a nice idea but I am not sure if it is so much needed. I mean, if you want to use another sound just replace the old one.

7. supanut2000,

Replacing default files is always risky, especially for those who aren't tech-savvy enough to make a backup of the files. That is why in Windows you can change individual sounds through the control pannel without replacing any files.

8. Vojvoda ,

If you are not good with tech you will not even be able to replace any sound. or better said you will not mess with that.

9. Nikola,

Windows has that ability because of the different soundpacks you can create and change, not because you cannot change those manually. In any case, this function would only be useful if the playroom would keep it's sound config even after a client update. As it stands, client updates do not happen so often so it's not a big deal just changing the sounds after an update.

10. helleon,

Sound replacement think never worked for me for some reason.

11. Nikola,

It works. Just don't replace the ones in program files but rather from the path I listed in my post.

12. helleon,

Oh OK. Yeah sorry missed that somehow. Will try that. Thanks.

12 Nachrichten, 1 Seiten: 1  ↖ Zurück zur Themenliste

Auf das Thema antworten

Sie müssen angemeldet sein, um posten zu können