SCREENREADER STATISTICS

13 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. YNWA,

I have just been looking at the statistics and was looking at all the different countries and how many users etc. After that it lists what different screenreaders we use. I can understand that many of the older Jaws versions are used due to costs as Jaws is expensive. However it shows a huge variety of NVDA versions going back over many years. That fact is surprising as you don't have to pay for The NVDA screenreader so more could take up the latest updates. I can understand some may be happy with one particular version but I am surprised that more don't have the latest version of NVDA.

Last edited by YNWA, Feb 27 2017 14:16:35

2. helleon,

are these playroom statistics? wait a sec you say country etc, where are you getting these?

3. YNWA,

I am amazed you don't know, You can look on the website, Another way is to go to your friend's list and press enter one one of the names listed there. Down arrow and you will see view statistics. Press enter and you will see them for that player. All websites gather statistics about you.

4. Mayana,

I am very sorry if I'm wrong, but these statistics probably count all the screen readers that were ever used. So when the new versions of nvda come out, old ones still show, because they were used at some point.

5. YNWA,

I would say they are up to date. A friend deleted an account and you did see the numbers go down. One example is there are over 400 romanian accounts now. That was much lower than say last year.

6. Mayana,

The statistics have to be counted on a certen timeframe, after all the percents do not go down if a jaws user goes offline. So they count for a longer period of time, maybe a year, maybe half a year. That wouldn't explain all of the older versions of nvda, but maybe at least some of them.

7. YNWA,

yes but I think one was dating back to 2001

8. Nikola-Jovic ,

There's no NVDA in 2001, only in 2005

9. YNWA,

I have copied part of the statistics for NVDA: These are the readers and the percentage of people using them. I can't say when it was started but the point is people can get much later versions.

NVDA 2001
0.01% (2/14 959)

NVDA 2003
0.01% (1/14 959)

NVDA 2004
0.55% (83/14 959)

NVDA 2010.1
0.01% (2/14 959)

10. Vojvoda ,

This seems not correct because NVDA 2001, 2003 and 2004 don't exist

11. YNWA,

I did not compile the statistics. Just copied what's there. The point is even if you say 2010 or just after there are a number of people that could get a later version meaning they get a much better screenreader.

12. Nikola-Jovic ,

Not really, those are only small percentages and we can think about 2 things: 1. What if it's people who were using playroom a while ago and are just not active anymore? And 2 it can even be people who aren't very technically experienced so don't really need new versions unless things don't work as they should. In any case, not really important.

13. sound2,

The point is playroom didn't even exist in 2001. Neither did NVDA. So you can't say people don't update their screen readers. Since the info doesn't make sense. I'm not saying you compiled this, just saying the info doesn't make sense. In any case I'm sure people do update their screen readers.

13 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post