changing your gender

12 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. DaRealist,

how do you change your gender on the play room. it shows the rong gender when I sign in. What can I do.

2. Aminiel,

Could you explain more, with an example if possible ? I don't understand your problem.

There is nowhere in the playroom where your gender has to be known. It simply doesn't matter.

Last edited by Aminiel, Dec 16 2011 14:07:42

3. jage,

There's some places in the games where it says his. Maybe that's the confusion? Or it should say their instead.

4. CathyAnne ,

Well, I know that on Ryan Smith's games, you are able to switch the gender from male to female by pressing the letter g. I think that it would be cool to have such a thing for the users of this particular server. I think that that is what should be done.

5. Burak,

Yes, there are female people too.

6. Aminiel,

I don't know why you focus on that. It shouldn't matter so much. I will do something one day, but it's really not an urgent feature. I'm not obliged to propose the same features as RSGC.

Having a letter only for that is totally useless: you don't change your gender every 5 minutes, right ? So even if I propose an option, you will have to change it on the website.

7. jage,

Just go through and replace the word his with the word their, then you're set and gender doesn't matter.

8. Aminiel,

Just go through and replace the word his with the word their, then you're set and gender doesn't matter.

Their is for plural, right ? It doesn't work in sentances like "XXX get YYY points, hist total score is now ZZZ".
IN french it would be wrong, I suppose in english too.

Anyway, I have tried to minimize the number of times "his" appears by rephrasing where possible. It still does in about only 10-15 sentances. It's quite few if you consider that the whole playroom contains more than 1000.

Just have fun , and don't care about that and everything goes well. Perhaps a day the solution will come, but not yet.

9. jage,

No you could say, their total score is 555 points. That's fine in English.

10. Mayya ,

their works well, and his/her too. i have done that in all the translations I did, so if you still have such a problem, it means that either the game is not retranslated, or this particular translation was not accepted by the admins
have a nice day

11. Aminiel,

If "their" is fine, I will adopt it, since it's awful to have to precise /her all the time, from a reading speed point of view. The waste of time because of that precision would be terrific in uno with super-interceptions for example.

Thank you for clarifications, I didn't know that this particular form was permitted.

12. jage,

Also in Uno, on the interseption fail message, it says penality points. It should be penalty. That message is quite long anyway though.

12 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post