error in quizz party

72 messages, 3 pages: 1  2 3 ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. whozitken,

Hi love the quizz party game but several times during the game an error 31001 is coming up instead of the question thought it was no questions in a catagory but it came up in a catagory that had been played before.

2. Giovani ,

I have same problem, specifically with category languages & human science.

3. Nikola-Jovic ,

Hehe didn't people say beta testing is not needed?

4. sam69,

i also have tis prob i hope it gets fixed soon

5. YNWA,

Languages and human sciences chosen by YNWA. Question in 5 seconds [50% of right answers]
Erreur #31001

People have already commented on the error but why do we get this [50% of right answers]

Television and medias chosen by Slim_Shady. Question in 5 seconds [59% of right answers]
Television and medias chosen by LadyBellatrix6666. Question in 5 seconds [46% of right answers)

Why are they completely different even for the same category. I hope it can be sorted soon as it can be distracting for people.

6. Nikola-Jovic ,

Simply because a question that noone ever got starts at 50 percent and then goes up and down as people answer it. However as this is an error and not a question, answers aren't even counted so it will always stay at 50 percent.

7. YNWA,

If that is the case then I hope it gets removed as it is anoying and has no relevance to the quiz.

8. Nikola-Jovic ,

What? I completely disagree. Let's say it tells you question in 5 seconds 10 percent of right answers, you can guess a harder question is coming.

9. Sajad-Aliraqi,

I think that error happens when the variables couldn't retreave the question and answer data. I don't know if it is solvable because it happens when a variable is not completely welldesigned

10. MuhammadHajjar,

Lol, cheers for the speaker from the coder's perspective. :D yeah cocoa, might be right. But when this could be fixed, I wonder?

11. Nikola-Jovic ,

LOL really, that was just... Interesting if you know some programming.

12. Peggy_Bella420,

Yeah, why release the game if it still has errors? Just saying. I mean, does the game have any category errors on say like the Spanish side?

13. Nikola-Jovic ,

Hm maybe because noone knew it will have errors? Not like the game is not playable

14. Sajad-Aliraqi,

Simply because the data of loading questions and answers is server side. And the client may not know how to retreave accurate data of them, and that could be due to a server error. It couldn't be just a programing error. The variables seem to work, otherwise Quiz wouldn't be playable until a certain limit when it comes to errors.

15. Nikola-Jovic ,

Come on stop behaving like Aminiel here, it can definitely be fixed but not before the server restart so just be patient.

16. Sajad-Aliraqi,

Blah, as if I care LOL. I don't even play Quiz that much, and I do not pretend to be Aminiel, it's just my opinion as I do also have a few knowledge in programing

17. Nikola-Jovic ,

It's actually very nice you have some knowledge in programming, the thing is you do not have playroom source code and we can't guess why is the bug there. There are a lot of guesses i had for several bugs, but that isn't needed unless you have sources to proove it. Anyways it's definitely not a big thing or anything, just saying as it makes no sense.

18. Sajad-Aliraqi,

Saying it might even help the developer to memorize fixing the bug if his mind is missing it. Being a developer does not mean you will not miss anything in your game or codes. Sam Tupy, for example, may ask you why this bug happens? And you explain to him, so he can have more knowledge of fixing it. I would highly recommend people to suggest bugs followed by a simple way about how they work so the developer can easily look into it

19. Nikola-Jovic ,

You can't suggest that to everyone simply because not everyone has the needed knowledge, and also it's developer's job to look into his code and with the right debug tools discover where the bug is. We as users can't guess where bugs are.

20. Sajad-Aliraqi,

I think it's better to stay out of this topic since not all is getting the sense that I'm trying to reach.

21. Aminiel,

Hello,

This bug is quite strange. It never happens in other languages, or at least so rare that nobody has never complained about it. I have no explanation at the moment.

When it happens again by you, can you post a maximum of information so that I can hope to fix it ? The category that has just been chosen, the last 4 or 5 last categories chosen before, ... anything you feel useful. At present I don't have enough information to fix it definitely. I believed this bug happened just for people who tried to start the quiz in languages where it doesn't exist, i.e. russian, portuguese.

In general when I put an error number like this behind a bug, it means that I don't really understand the problem for the moment and am seeking for more information from the players in order to help me.

Last edited by Aminiel, Apr 27 2017 06:00:53

22. Nikola-Jovic ,

Hello Aminiel, i can send the whole quiz history when the bug happens using the f9 option and sending the game history if you think that would help

23. YNWA,

I think this happened when people started playing the quiz when it was not ready. Some by accident discovered that if you changed to another language and went back to English that they were able to play the game and you know what it's like when someone has a secret that others are not supposed to know.. As a result you get the error when you just play the game now, you don't even have to switch language.

If it works properly for other languages then I am wondering if it is possible to sstop Quiz Party for now and export the existing questions we validated into a different database while we have only 3200 instead of waiting till it gets to several thousand where that may prove more difficult.

24. Dayan ,

I don't know, that doesn't make sense at all, a bug can't simply start due it. I don't know why do I have a feeling that some questions there were sent with a wrong format and so it affects the rest, though I can be wrong as well, I thought of it because I know there's an actual error, there's a category which doesn't even exist and still it has 2 questions on it, and that's done as I think due to a wrong format...

25. Amine,

That eror, I always get it when I choose that category. I started avoiding it since it never gave a question other than ereur 31000 blah blah blah. You stil can sometimes answer the question though, if you are lucky and choos one, it will say that you are right and give you points for it.

26. Sajad-Aliraqi,

However I still think if you save the game and restore it, you get the question fine as it will reload. But I am really not sure. And also it's not about the questions format, because the error comes on random questions and not just specific questions

27. Cristina ,

It is not cuz the people started to play before it was released.
At that time, the error has come, just when we've chosen languages and human sciences, but after when it was released, the error often comes when we choose television and media, or cartoons categories too.
What's strange that the error is always the same, (31001) or what number, I maybe forgot.
Yes, saving and restoring the table it works, but we will not get any question for that category what we've chosen and got error. It will simply pass to the next player to choose.

28. Dayan ,

Yes it actually happens in certain questions. Whole languages category, but only few in some others.

29. Nikola-Jovic ,

Oh come on, why would we stop quiz now? You simply need to avoid the languages category now. And well i don't think it started cause people played quiz before it was ready.

30. Dayan ,

It would be much more interesting with that category actually :D but it doesnt mean the quiz should be stopped.

72 messages, 3 pages: 1  2 3 ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post