Coronavirus activity and cases. For discussion

28 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. Sajad-Aliraqi,

So it's been a while since the world got its new baby virus which the world itself is talking about all the time. What's going on with Coronavirus? And to how much extend do you logically think it maybe truely confirmed in your country?
Myself I believe in no confirmation whatsoever as in regards to Coronavirus hunting for Iraq. I have not witnessed any true case but the media says what it says and you never know what's a lie or fact.
On the other hand, Iraq is close to Iran right on the borders. We even share some kind of similar weather. And since Iran is suffering from Coronavirus then yeah, I don't really know what would it be like for Iraq if no cure can be officially announced.
Spill your thoughts

2. Mohammedradwan2003,

in egypt we have between 80 and 180 cases onfirmed with korona virus
done

3. Mrityunjay,

in India we have 147 confirmed as of now. now, it's possible that we've missed some cases, because the testing labs are not available in every state + the testing itself isn't free. I don't think the community transmition has yet begun, but for a country so densely populated and with a healthcare system constrained by limited resources, you never know. Delhi has gone in shutdown mode till 31st of March.

4. Mister_Anderson,

according to the official news 18000 confermed and 900 dead.

5. tonio2007,

so, here in germany there are about 12000 cases

6. theSocialIntrovert,

because if too many people get sick at the same time the health systems can't control it and will break down so the amount of people who die will be higher. So it's important to do as much as possible to help not spreading it and keep to yourself and to respect the situation as it is

7. YNWA,

Don't panic is true and no need to keep posting numbers it is not Sky Sports Transfer Centre.

There are many people vulnerable and yes you may be one of the lucky ones for now but things can easily change. We know many people who use the PR are in the young group category so are most likely to be fine but we also know there are others who use the PR who have other disabilities and that is those we must protect.

The best advice is to not gather in big groups and keep your hands clean although, for some not so easy if they are short of those facilities.

8. theSocialIntrovert,

yes and please do stay inside and away from everyone if you get sick and until you feel well again, and for at least 14 days so you dont infect anyone. Even if you dont know whether you have Courona or not.

9. theSocialIntrovert,

what you don't get is that there are people who may die because of it just because they aren't as strong as you may be. You need to think about others than people like yourself who don't need the health system to recover. I do hope you stayed inside while being ill and didn't infect others. And how do you know that it is Courona? Did you take a test?

10. theSocialIntrovert,

Yes but the issue is not to avoid that people get infected. Everyone is going to be infected at some point. The point is to avoid that too many get infected at the same time. If too many gget infected at once, health system may break down and people who may have survived otherwise will die because of it. This is why you'd have to close societies down: because you want to make sure that it doesn't spread too fast. Good for you that your family and friends survived it, but you need to think of other people than those who will survive.

11. Sajad-Aliraqi,

I can't believe that my post is getting scammed by comments of a personality disorder patient but nearly no one ever notice it. But let's not get the drama going, let's stay in topic.
In Iraq they are now being strict with curfew, so you can't get out too far without a main reason. What I don't understand is, we don't really have a statement regarding patient cases substantiation or/confirmation. There maybe people who have already been taken to quaranteen to unveil the doubts. Practically, there are several stakeholders which can be divided into different intentions, of which we have those who are responsible for the treatment of patients, and those who disallow sharing medical prescriptions for their benefit.

12. theSocialIntrovert,

you're right. Normally I would have ignored it but because of the seriousness of the topic I needed to reply to it. Not easy to know how many people out there who don't take the situation seriously.

13. theSocialIntrovert,

shout out to everyone: don't listen to what he's saying

14. Marina,

Hello everyone,

Let me start by quoting Aminiel:

Please pay a particular attention to the information you read and post about coronavirus. Fake news are known to spread faster than official ones. Check sources yourself, and when posting, give your sources by posting a link as much as possible. It would be very sad to forbid discussions on that subject altogether. I count on your good sense and critic thinking.

So, it is selfish and quite racist to say that only weak people and people with chronic diseases who would die from the Coronavirus.
Yes, you as youth have a bigger chance to recover, but it is not a guarantee anyway. Moreover, do think about your parents, they are at risk because of you.
Most importantly, death rates might not be too high, it Is true, however, this virus is a mutation. And when it spreads widely and fast, there is a bigger chance for other mutations that makes it much stronger and much resistant. Hence you would be at risk too, mister selfish.
It is now the responsibility of everyone of us to take care of ourselves and others by following the rules strictly to prevent spreading it.
Therefore, I will remove Ramon-Salazar’s Irresponsible and racist comments, this is your first warning.
For everyone else, please do pay attention to what you post, it would be better if you can post your sources as well.

Finally, here are some helpful safety tips:
• Wash your hands frequently: Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water.
• Maintain social distancing: Maintain at least 1 metre (3 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
• Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
• Make sure you, and the people around you, follow good respiratory hygiene. This means covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately.
• Stay home if you feel unwell. If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention and call in advance. Follow the directions of your local health authority.

Source: World’s Health Organization (https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public)

Stay safe!

15. MuhammadHajjar,

@Sajad-aliraqi >>I can't believe that my post is getting scammed by comments of a personality disorder patient but nearly no one ever notice it. But let's not get the drama going, let's stay in topic.>>

LOL, first of all you don't know me, so you can't know if i have disorders or not

Can't stop laughing. He did reveal himself as he knew that he was the one refered to in Sajad's post in which he described him as a personality disorder patient. Lol, the commen saying is really true that goes: if the shoe fits, wear it.
Ramon-Salazar, until the time I'm righting this post, 285 cases were confirmed in Bahrain. So yeah, stay safe, and wish your mind a speedy recovery.

16. YNWA,

I have changed my previous comment because as I say in a previous post it is not useful to keep listing cases and deaths in various countries and at the time I was making a point.

It is interesting to see that social distancing advice has changed from 1m to 2m in just a few months. A long time ago I heard that when you sneeze your sneeze can travel up to speeds of 25mph.

They have said in the UK they are working on 20 possible vaccines and hope to have one available by the middle of 2021. They have either already started the tests on humans or will within the next month depending on which article you read.

Last edited by YNWA, Mar 20 2020 22:13:26

17. Mrityunjay,

250+ confirmed, 5 dead. exponential increase has already started.

18. Slavista,

Here in the Czech Republic over 1000 confirmed, i still hope it's less than 1100 and one person died, it was today, some 95 years old man.

19. gaisgeach_marbhtach ,

In Colombia there are 233 confirmed cases, and only two people have died, and as far as I know, the numbers can significantly increase.
why are we not in germany? It is the country that has more control over the virus

20. Mrityunjay,

excluding the numbers due to community transmition factor, which is still kind of obscure, we have 415 cases as of now, and 7 deaths.

21. Mohammedradwan2003,

327 cases, 14 deaths, 55 recovered, from official government

22. Mister_Anderson,

Good for you at all, in Iran we have over 23099 cases, and 1865 deaths as official news, and I think this is one of the largest numbers comparing to other countries and we're pratically quarantined at houses for over a month, and I don't know why the government does not apply more limitations for imputs and outputs for cities and provinces especially for metropolis's and pilgrimage places.

23. StormProductions,

In Moldova there are 150 cases, 1 death and 2 recovers.

24. Sajad-Aliraqi,

For now though, sadly Italy has more mortality rate due to Coronavirus.
We have until the twenieth of April curfew and I can't say this is bad, rather Coronavirus is so dangerous even echonomically. People can't go out to work or study, but for the world's security, let it be so.

25. BlueTardisz,

Well, we have 242 cases, 3deaths I think, and I am not sure if there are recovered.

26. Mrityunjay,

724 confirmed, 17 dead. 66 recovered.

27. Sajad-Aliraqi,

What seems to be interesting is actually having to listen to a recoverd's story with fighting Coronavirus. Some people say it is nothing more than a normal flu, which, I just can't tolerate it. I also don't believe both are similar in one way or another.
Still though, the situation in Italy saddens me. I'm not quite sure how many people died, I can't recall exactly but the number is at 6000 or somewhere over

28. Alan1003,

Everyone is all over this! oy!

28 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post