Playroom v2

57 Mensagens, 2 Páginas: 1  2 ↖ Voltar a lista de tópicos

Pontuação: +0

1. Aminiel,

The end of the world ?
You certainly don't ignore that some civilizations predicted an huge event for the 21th of december.
The playroom team didn't see the upcoming wave on time and will be much too late to attend to the catastrophy, but it will be then present to contribute with you to the construction of the new world that should replace the old one.
What is the new world ? In fact, it is this famous thing that everybody shyly call v2 without knowing exactly what it really is. This thing that the playroom team started already to prepare since a long time, but whose shape stays quite undetermined at the moment. During the next few weeks and months, we will try to make it concrete.
The v2 will be a richer, nicer and simpler user experience for everybody. Because of the success of the playroom, it deserves to restart with good bases to have an even more better future.
Reconsider all the bases to better combine them takes time, a lot of time, an huge amount of time. Santa Klaus will therefore be on holiday this year, and tehre wont be a new game for christmas.
However, be happy: the v2 will be the occasion to rediscover the playroom under a new daylight...

Roadmap 2013
As you have understood, the first objective of 2013 will be the v2. This consequent update will be divided into two parts, which we hope to release the first in spring.
The playroom is very happy of its great success, but it is sometimes also a victim of it. To grow well, it is important to be able to adapt the software code to new expectations. WE are now at a critical point, and we have to change a little our orientation now if we don't want to lose the foot.
What will the v2 contain is more or less already fixed, it is thus useless to send us a lot of questions and suggestions at the moment. Interested people will have access to beta versions, it will be soon enough to send us your feedback when those later are available.
2013 is also definitely placed under the sign of internationalization: several languages are available or currently being translated, and things are evolving quick thank to our excited translators.
We will also try to enforce the community, by adding new social features.
Once the v2 is completely deployed, we already have an idea of game that you should love, a new sort of game totally different than what you know today on the playroom. This will be for the second part of the year probably, depending on how the things are going.

During the meantime, we wish you a nice end of the world... hmm... a merry christmas and happy new year !

2. kristijan,

Hello.
Can i participate in beta testing?

3. staindaddict,

I' dlike to as well if possible.

4. Aminiel,

It's not the moment yet ! Something will be posted when it's time.

5. Fawaz,

Hi,
first of all thanks for this great client,
and waiting for new version.
: could You add Arabic language in any game?
as You know there is many Arab users for Playroom now, if added Arabic Language in any game as a first step that will be great.
I can Help with translation and I think there is many people can work for the translation.
anyway, thanks again for wonderful gaming client.
best,
Fawaz

6. kristijan,

Will this beta be public or private?

7. Aminiel,

Will this beta be public or private?

I don't know yet. Probably it will first be private (i.e. only the staff), and then semi-public in a second phase (i.e. staff + a closed set of volontires previously recruited by the staff)

8. kristijan,

I'm so excited about new playroom.
I would like to be in second phase of testing

9. Aminiel,

Launching of the v2 first public beta is happening very soon !

The playroom team is happy to open the first public beta of the v2 on friday 15 february starting at 21h.
A link to download the v2 client will be available here in this topic by 21h.

Please remember that it's a beta version. In clear, that version still contains bug that can really be unexpected or completely irrational.
Those who are not very familiar with computers should stay in the v1 for a while, until the v2 is definitely declared stable.
V1 and v2 will still run in parralel for a couple of weeks, until all remaining problems are solved.

You will find a complete list of what's new in this version on the update and work in progress topic
We invite you to read it; it will give you a glance on the work done so far.

For those who can speak french, a webradio show in direct live will be proposed in the french version of the playroom, starting at 21h. Sorry but we can't do such a thing in english, because our english oral level is much too low and anyway, we are only 4 people to organize that; we can't do everything in the same time.

Última edição por Aminiel, Feb 13 2013 21:52:27

10. akilor,

Great!

Certainly because there will be new translations added... Really looking forward.....

The time of doom has arrived... Good luck on the radio show...

Última edição por akilor, Feb 15 2013 20:30:29

11. Aminiel,

Here is the download link :
Download gameroom v2 beta 1 !

12. Stormy,

Oh wow! Downloading it now!

13. Wade,

Hi. My name is Wade. Will there be a Play Room for the Mac? That would be cool.

14. jage,

Looking good so far.
Is there a way to change volume for audio streams? The normal keys don't seem to work. Would be cool if scores are sorted when pressing S. High to low in games like Farkle, low to high for a game like Uno.
Finally, can the messages about people joining and leaving tables be muted once you are in one and before the game starts or between hands?
Great work. Farkle is lots of fun as well. A few more sounds there may be cool, perhaps for clearing all 6 dice.
Did find one Farkle bug. Once the player hit the goal of 1000, no message was given. Also, the pay only went to the end of the round, where each player should have received another additional turn. Hope this makes sense.

15. Aminiel,

There is currently a bug with soudn volume in version 2.0.1; it has been already notified and wil be corrected soon.

In farkle, the victory is declared only when everybody has taken the same number of turns. It let a chance to someone behind you to beat your winning score.

It's also the same at little exam now.

16. Sektor ,

Awesome job with farkle and 1000 Miles! I notice the rami game. They gave you double scores when you finish the round. Then when the second round start the scores back to normal again.

I agreed the farkle game need more sound effects.

17. Aminiel,

I notice the rami game. They gave you double scores when you finish the round. Then when the second round start
the scores back to normal again.

This problem has already been signaled, thank you. It will be corrected soon.

18. Jhon,

Hi, i wrote messages about turkish translation issues but could not get an answer.
i wanna talk about a bug while playing 1000 miles. A player can delete and discard his/her card without drawing a card when it's his/her turn. the round ends when a player doesn't have any more cards at the end.

19. greenstone,

the shortcuts such as alt 1 2 3 etc does not seem to work. Jaws says general, game, discussions when these shortcuts are pressed but nothinghappens.
And, if you added UTF-8 support, can you please guide us to translate the playroom into Turkish? There are lots of people who want to play games in their own language.

20. Aminiel,

i wanna talk about a bug while playing 1000 miles. A player can delete and discard his/her card without drawing a card when it's his/her turn.

Thank you very much for signaling. It will be corrected soon.

the shortcuts such as alt 1 2 3 etc does not seem to work. Jaws says general, game, discussions when these shortcuts are pressed but nothinghappens.

Yes, it does work. You simply don't seem to have understood the concept of views. When you press Alt+Left/right or Alt+1-9, you are just switching to another view. To observe the actual effect, you have to navigate through the history using Page up/down and see that messages which have nothing to do with the view are skipped.

For example, if you switch to the private messages view, page up/down will move you between PMs and silently jump over all other messages.

And, if you added UTF-8 support, can you please guide us to translate the playroom into Turkish? There are lots of people who want to play games in their
own language.

I perfectly know that, and I'm very happy that there are so much demand to translate the playroom to other languages, and so much interesting propositions.

Owever, as I explained often, translation is not an easy work. There are a lot of messages to translate, and the work is never completely finished because there are always small updates.

We have decided not to start hundreds of work in progress simultaneously. We will start only 2 or 3 languages at a time, proceed with them, and once they are allmost completely ready, start another 2 or 3.

The risk of starting many new translations at the same time is finally getting many translations having poor quality. We don't want that. We want few new languages but a good translation quality. We also want to recruit motivated and reliable translators.

A final thing, to be honnest, I'm sorry, is infortunately against you, but we would prefer recruit translators from french to something else, rather than from english to something else. Two reasons for that: First, nobody in the playroom team is particularely a good english speaker; so it's much easier to manage the translation team if we can speak with them in french. wE are a little afraid to take the risk for the moment. Secondly, don't forget that the english version is itself a translation. So if you translate from english to something else, you will translate a translation... not sure if the quality and the spirit of the original french version will be kept.

Of course, this reasonning isn't fixed. We will eventually accept and make translations from english to something else. Simply, not right now, because we aren't really ready to organize the work so that everything goes well. Don't forget another thing: we are 4 people in the playroom team, everybody has a real life work beside the playroom, and I'm the only developper.

With the hope that you aren't discouraged by such an answer; it's not the goal. I want to point out that we are open to translations, but much got past by the events and the success the playroom generates.

21. Wade,

Will there be a play room for different platforms, like the Mac, or Lenix? Note that there are quite a few Mac users who don't have the money to do a VMware for Windows.

22. bryant,

hello.
I just want to take this time and congratulate you on the amount of work you've done. I'm downloading this beta now and will try it. Thank you for such a great client for the blind, and keep up the great work! I look forward to future updates and news

23. Sektor ,

Hi!

I notice when you in the lobby. The playroom say i'm busy. But i'm not. I'm just on lobby. Suppose to says that i'm available not busy when you in the lobby.

Thanks

24. ns-studios,

I don't like you disabling the right/left arrows and ctrl+left and ctrl+right. We've all get used to it and I don't see why you've removed it. Other than that, everything is perfect. Congrats.

Última edição por ns-studios, Feb 25 2013 15:19:43

25. Aminiel,

Left/right hasn't been disabled. It has always worked in 2D grids.

Ctrl+Left/right is also still available in 2D grids to go directly to the left or right edge, as well as Ctrl+Up/down to go to the top or bottom edge.

Outside of 2D grids, left/right never have had any particular usefulness; I didn't remove anything.

26. ns-studios,

Well, I meant out of 2d grids, because at least me and clo friendss have used left/right and ctrl+left and ctrl+right tin non2d grid things.
It's much easier, and you shouldn't disable it, for example in uno we all use left/right rather than down/up.

27. Aminiel,

Ctrl+Left/right has no usefulness outside 2D grids. You can just use standard shortcuts to go to the beginning or the end of the list: home/end, or Ctrl+home/end work fine.

Home/end without Ctrl were previously assigned to go to the beginning or the end of the history buffer. It's no longer the case; I judged that it wasn't so logical that one may think.
You can now go to the beginning or the end of the history buffer with Ctrl+PageUp/Down unstead.

If left/right worked before in simple menus, it wasn't particularely intentional. It should seem logical that, in a simple menu, you use up and down to navigate and nothing else; juste because it's also the same everywhere else in the windows world.

Anyway, I'm not going to change that. I try to conform as much as possible with standard key combinations used elsewhere, and add onto that complements which should look logical. Up and down are part of the very very first basics you should well know, I think.

28. ns-studios,

Sure :)
Well I don't like that you've started copying rsgames interface. I first of all don't like that ctrl+pages are home/end of the buffer, because first of all when I press that combination it won't do anything (don't know but it never worked for me with jaws) thus i need to press ctrl+shift+page and then it works.
But, well, I just don't like changing things, I just create a habit and then it get changed by the time, but stil.

29. Aminiel,

I first of all don't like that ctrl+pages are home/end of the buffer, because first of
all when I press that combination it won't do anything (don't know but it never worked for me with jaws) thus i need to press ctrl+shift+page and then
it works.

In reality, you can use Ctrl, shift or both. Ctrl+PageUp/Down already worked in the v1, but Home/end were more common.

Well I don't like that you've started copying rsgames interface.

Well, they started copying the playroom a long time ago, without mentionning their multiple attack tentatives. So, they only have what they deserve.

30. ns-studios,

I agree by far.
And, don't worry they can never be better than playroom because playroom rocks from the start.
Their games are retro and their interface is horrible.
Not to mention lags and stuff.
BTW, why do you use both screen reader api and universal speech?
Why both of them?
I've seen that you have both dll's in client dir.

57 Mensagens, 2 Páginas: 1  2 ↖ Voltar a lista de tópicos

Responder ao tópico

Você deve estar conectado para poder postar.