spamming kicking players

25 Mensagens, 1 Páginas: 1  ↖ Voltar a lista de tópicos

Pontuação: +0

1. Rory101,

So today, i kept going to tables and playing games. I am blind so have trouble playing fast. People were spamming, fast play, fast play fast fast fast, and then they'd kick me. please help.

2. Lemonade,

that's pretty cool, I didn't know we had blind players on this platform.

3. YNWA,

This person maybe new to the PR and we don't know his previous situation so no need to be sarcastic/rude!

4. Vojvoda ,

• Registration date : 24.10.2016 21:54:06, so it means, means what? How rude people they don't understand a blind person!

5. Cristina ,

All what you can do now, just to ask them to be patient, cuz you are new.
Do not worry, practicing you will be faster with time.

6. Nikola,

How can we actually help? If people kick you that is their choice and you can try to find somebody else to play with. Farkle is a fast game so playing slowly just makes it unnecessarily long.

7. the-raven ,

well but a lot of people here are maybe a bit more impatient than what maybe would be fair, but luckily most on here aren't so so I'm sure you can find people who don't act like that

8. fire-starter,

@ynwa, i don't see why he can't use a bit of sarcasm on the forum. If you don't like it, don't critisize what he does, there is nothing aggainst sarcasm in the rules so it's completely fine with me. You are not a helper anyway

9. sound2,

Sarcasm can be seen as another form of rudeness. And from what I understand from the rules we are supposed to be respectful towards one another. It doesn't always happen like that.

10. Vojvoda ,

Rudeness, broken hearts, welcome to the blind world

11. YNWA,

I was always told treat people how you would like to be treated yourself! Some feel because they don't use their real ID hear they can do what they want but that remember works both ways. The helpers can only do so much and it is up to the players to create a warm and friendly playroom that will encourage more players to play hear and have fun.

12. Sajad-Aliraqi,

I am glad for you YNWA that there is no dislike button on comments

13. Lemonade,

From the playroom's website:

Welcome to the Playroom.

The Playroom is a free online gaming platform, especially made to be accessible to visually impaired people.

I'm sorry, that clearly isn't obvious enough.

14. YNWA,

That statement is so late 1980s. We have gone from Blind and Partially sighted to Visually Handicapped, Visually Impaired, Visually Challenged, People with sightloss (more RNIB) and I wonder what's next!

15. Vojvoda ,

What's the point?

16. YNWA,

confused.com

17. Rory101,

When using the windows client I can go as fast as all of them. But I was on the web client, and the main problem was that they were spamming. Fast, fast, fast, fast, fast. If you want someone to play fast, say, fast, once. Spamming to someone will only make them mad. blind or not.

18. Lemonade,

Ah, that clears things up. I was under the impression that you thought blind people couldn't play fast, which is a rather dubious assumption considering nearly everyone here has less than average visage. I can't say I know too much about the web client's speed.

19. Vojvoda ,

Actually web client works pretty fine. Except if you were not from your phone.

20. jason ,

totally agree with YNWA

21. helleon,

Ditto.

22. Mayana,

The web client works mostly the same as the desktop one, so it shouldn't be much slower. But if you're having issues and people can't accept that, too bad for them. There're plenty of players on this platform, I'm sure you'll find someone who's more patient. If you see me online, just invite me and I might join. I'm also blind, so it'll be all fair! :)
One thing you could try to do is speed up the speech rate of your screen reader a bit. Just raise it to as fast as you can still understand, then speed it up for another 5 to 10 % every few days. Soon, it'll be at 100 and you'll be able to play as fast as the uno cheetas on here.
While sarcasm can offend people in some cases, I don't see how Everyone's post was particularly harmful. I understood it as more of a joke than an insult, and sometimes people need to realize that they shouldn't take everything random strangers on the internet say to heart. Don't worry Rory, Everyone's quite a nice guy, he doesn't bite. Now if only I could say the same about myself... ;)

23. sound2,

Interesting idea about screen readers. Didn't realise that. Personally, I hardly play any games on here anyway. So I just ignore those who would tell me to play faster. Don't have time for that. I do think things can get a little over the top sometimes. But that happends everywhere. Just my opinion.

24. Rory101,

Well if they just said, play faster or I will kick you, that's still rude, but meh. But if they S P A M and then kick me, before I can even play because my screen reader is going berserk because of all the spam, then I wouldn't really say it was my fault that I was playing slow. I'm going to get a new braillenote soon which I currently use my old one as a braille display, my new one, I can just play straight from on it and I've heard good things about playing quentinC on the new braillenote touch. So I hope I get that soon so I can play faster without having to go on my pc.

25. play_romania1,

I'm too blind and i have my sinthesizer to 100. Nobody was spammed me or something else. Possible that i was spammed, but i don't remind it.

25 Mensagens, 1 Páginas: 1  ↖ Voltar a lista de tópicos

Responder ao tópico

Você deve estar conectado para poder postar.