Te atreves a publicar lo que hay en tu portapapeles ahora? 2.0 (en curso)

7608 mensajes, 254 páginas:  1 23 4 5; 254 ↖ Volver a la lista de temas

Resultado: +22

61. Loba_Espacial,

Stack Overflow
About
Products
For Teams
Search…
Home
PUBLIC
Questions
Tags
Users
Companies
COLLECTIVES
Explore Collectives
LABS
Discussions
TEAMS
Stack Overflow for Teams – Start collaborating and sharing organizational knowledge.
Windows equivalent to efibootmgr? [closed]
Asked 6 years, 3 months ago
Modified 1 year, 2 months ago
Viewed 18k times

Closed. This question is not about programming or software development. It is not currently accepting answers.
This question does not appear to be about a specific programming problem, a software algorithm, or software tools primarily used by programmers. If you believe the question would be on-topic on another Stack Exchange site, you can leave a comment to explain where the question may be able to be answered.

Closed 2 months ago.

Windows keeps overriding the UEFI boot order even if I change it with efibootmgr from Ubuntu. However BootNext option is not overridden, that is, I can set BootNext to Ubuntu and it boots into Ubuntu upon rebooting. I, therefore wrote the following script to run every time I boot into Ubuntu :

efibootmgr > file.txt
CURR="$(grep "BootCurrent" file.txt | grep -Eo "[0-9]{4}")"
efibootmgr -n $CURR
rm file.txt
exit 0
This ensures that I can boot into grub when I reboot from Ubuntu. Is there a way to do the same from Windows so that I can boot into grub when rebooting from Windows?

EDIT :

Running bcdedit /v gives (No Ubuntu entry):

Windows Boot Manager

identifier {9dea862c-5cdd-4e70-acc1-f32b344d4795}
device partition=\Device\HarddiskVolume1
path \EFI\ubuntu\shimx64.efi
description Windows Boot Manager
locale en-US
inherit {7ea2e1ac-2e61-4728-aaa3-896d9d0a9f0e}
default {9b4692db-d6e1-11e6-8040-f733056555ec}
resumeobject {9b4692da-d6e1-11e6-8040-f733056555ec}
displayorder {9b4692db-d6e1-11e6-8040-f733056555ec}
toolsdisplayorder {b2721d73-1db4-4c62-bf78-c548a880142d}
timeout 0

Windows Boot Loader

identifier {9b4692db-d6e1-11e6-8040-f733056555ec}
device partition=C:
path \WINDOWS\system32\winload.efi
description Windows 10
locale en-US
inherit {6efb52bf-1766-41db-a6b3-0ee5eff72bd7}
recoverysequence {9b4692dc-d6e1-11e6-8040-f733056555ec}
displaymessageoverride Recovery
recoveryenabled Yes
isolatedcontext Yes
allowedinmemorysettings 0x15000075
osdevice partition=C:
systemroot \WINDOWS
resumeobject {9b4692da-d6e1-11e6-8040-f733056555ec}
nx OptIn
bootmenupolicy Standard
powershellcmdterminalbootuefi
Improve this question
Follow
edited Jul 5, 2017 at 7:34
asked Jul 5, 2017 at 7:06
Naveen Unnikrishnan's user avatar
Naveen Unnikrishnan
14111 gold badge22 silver badges77 bronze badges
I can't seem to be able to find an Ubuntu entry in BCDedit. @wOxxOm please take a look at the EDIT. –
Naveen Unnikrishnan
Jul 5, 2017 at 7:36
I was wrong: Windows boot manager runs after UEFI, of course. –
wOxxOm
Jul 5, 2017 at 7:39
EasyUEFI supports one-time boot sequence and CLI. Maybe you can find pure CLI utilities. –
wOxxOm
Jul 5, 2017 at 8:39
Thanks for the input @wOxxOm. However, CLI is only available with the paid version. I'd rather not spend $30 to fix this. –
Naveen Unnikrishnan
Jul 6, 2017 at 11:52
I am looking for this too. –
Mike Wise
Feb 3, 2018 at 22:28
Add a comment
3 Answers
Sorted by:

Highest score (default)

On Windows you can use "bcdedit /enum firmware" to list all firmware applications, then "bcdedit /set {fwbootmgr} bootsequence {xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx}" to set BootNext option.

Improve this answer
Follow
edited Sep 10, 2019 at 1:14
shizhen's user avatar
shizhen
12.3k99 gold badges5252 silver badges8989 bronze badges
answered Sep 10, 2019 at 0:38
Douglas S.'s user avatar
Douglas S.
7111 silver badge22 bronze badges
bcdedit changes the Windows loader, while efibootmgr in fact modifies UEFI. Windows loader may refuse to load what UEFI will happily do. –
facetus
May 19, 2020 at 7:10
Add a comment

Don't you have to create UBuntu loader similar to {9b4692db-d6e1-11e6-8040-f733056555ec}?

Basically the ubuntu node should be changed from boot manager to boot loader app. Then have a boot manager at EFI\Boot\bootx64.efi.
Create a {bootmgr} node for boot manager. Set its displayorder to include both the guids above. Then set the default value for {bootmgr} to ubuntu guid. That should make ubuntu item sticky across reboots.

Improve this answer
Follow
answered Oct 10, 2017 at 2:03
videoguy's user avatar
videoguy
1,75822 gold badges2424 silver badges5050 bronze badges
Add a comment

In my answer I will be refering to (U)EFI—the (Unified) Extensible Firmware Interface—simply as EFI.

Also, for all the commands an elevated command prompt should be used, i.e. run cmd.exe (not PowerShell!) with administrator rights!

I was just looking for the same thing. I had the (temporary) problem that Linux couldn't access/change EFI NVRAM, including the boot sequence. (Which I eventually resolved.) During this time I looked into the Windows way of doing this, and found that bcdedit actually does have the same set of functions, including a) creating a new EFI boot menu entry and b) changing the EFI boot sequence.

If a Linux boot loader is already configured, the sequence can be changed with bcdedit /enum firmware should list it. Imporant is only the GUID of the boot loader object listed with the Linux boot loader, i.e. a string looking like {01234567-89AB-CDEF-0123-456789ABCDEF}, and replace {<GUID>} in the following examples with your actual GUID.

Any firmware boot loader can be set as the default EFI boot option with bcdedit /set {fwbootmgr} default {<GUID>}.

To set a EFI boot loader entry as the first boot item in the list, bcdedit /set {fwbootmgr} displayorder {<GUID>} /addfirst can be used.

Problematic is when you don't have a EFI boot loader entry for the Linux boot loader (maybe it got deleted somehow, or it wasn't set during installation). Important is only that the Linux boot loader is already configured, because that is something that has to be done in Linux. The standard nowadays is GRUB (the GRand Unified Bootloader, version 2). On EFI systems it should be installed on the ESP (EFI System Partition) in \EFI\<Distribution>\<bootloader>.efi or similar. E.g. for Ubuntu it would be \EFI\Ubuntu\grubx64.efi. For Arch Linux it could be \EFI\arch\grubx64.efi or \EFI\GRUB\grubx64.efi for x86-64 systems (and \EFI\arch\grub.efi or \EFI\GRUB\grub.efi for x86-32).

To find out which EFI boot loaders there are, the ESP has to be mounted on Windows first, which can be done with diskpart.

DISKPART> select disk 0
DISKPART> list volume

Volume ### Ltr Label Fs Type Size Status Info
---------- --- ------ ----- ---------- ------- --------- ------
Volume 2 FAT32 Partition 200 MB Healthy System

DISKPART> select volume 2
DISKPART> assign letter=S
DISKPART> exit
The above assumes that a) the ESP, shown as System under the Info column, is volume 2 (replace it with the actual volume #), and that b) drive letter S is still available (unused) up to this moment, otherwise use any other free drive letter (from A to Z).

The ESP is now accessible as the assigned drive, in the example S:. Look at this drive to see if there are any EFI boot loaders under \EFI... This can be done e.g. using the Windows Explorer, or while still in an elevated command prompt:

s:
dir /s /q
Note that this drive letter assignment is not permanent, i.e. after a Windows reboot the ESP will no longer be mounted, which is as it should be.

Now bcdedit can be used to add an EFI boot loader to the EFI boot menu, and set it as the new default, as follows (change paths and GUIDs accordingly):

bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \efi\grub\grubx64.efi
bcdedit /enum {bootmgr}
bcdedit /set {fwbootmgr} displayorder {<GUID>} /addfirst
bcdedit /set {fwbootmgr} default {<GUID>}
Note that changing the displayorder is entirely optional!

All these commands only work with cmd.exe, as with PowerShell (which would also have to be an elevated shell, i.e. "run as administrator") additional quotes are required:

bcdedit /set '{bootmgr}' path \efi\grub\grubx64.efi
bcdedit /enum '{bootmgr}'
bcdedit /set '{fwbootmgr}' displayorder '{<GUID>}' /addfirst
bcdedit /set '{fwbootmgr}' default '{<GUID>}'
This worked for me, as it set the Linux EFI boot loader as the default from within Windows 10, permanently. IMHO bcdedit is the equivalent of efibootmgr on Windows, only with the additional layer of (in this case absolutely unnecessary) random GUIDs to refer to the individual EFI boot loaders...

Improve this answer
Follow
answered Aug 27, 2022 at 12:53
luttztfz's user avatar
luttztfz
15111 silver badge55 bronze badges
Add a comment
Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged powershellcmdterminalbootuefi or ask your own question.
The Overflow Blog
Edge and beyond: How to meet the increasing demand for memory
sponsored post
Featured on Meta
Changes to MSE deployment process may cause intermittent issues on November...
Update: New Colors Launched
Temporary policy: Generative AI (e.g., ChatGPT) is banned

Report this ad
20 people chatting
Related
How to start Boot2Docker in PowerShell in Windows?
Disabling fast boot (system settings) programmatically
Find the volume letter of EFI partition
How to run Restart-Computer in PowerShell using C#?
Is there a way to determine the current boot phase in Powershell?
running EFI shell commands on windows command line
Using Powershell to make USB Bootable Drive
conversion batch to powerhsell autoreboot
How to Check Device Boot Mode (UEFI or Legacy)?
How to get storage information of the EFI partition?
Hot Network Questions
Rebuilt chimney still leaking
What's the exact definition of the power spectral density function?
5e Combat economy and darkness
Israeli officials taking responsibility for a miscalculation in predicting a possible Hamas attack
Can the Cyber Resilience Act make it illegal to retire?
Why are Eastern European countries more likely to recognize Palestine as a state than Western European countries?
Seeking story about chess in Soviet Union, probably Playboy c.1980?
Why does the Curiosity rover camera image resolution have "milliradians" as a unit?
I __________ you to see a doctor. "would take" or "am taking"?
If one of your research partners stops working halfway but doesn't withdraw what should you do?
How can I make my Tonkotsu broth less fatty?
License problem in spain
I would like to model this shape, but can't figure out how. I've tried booleans, modeling it and even connecting different shapes
Quaternion get a minus sign after full rotation
How does jet fuel not spill out upon disconnecting from the wing's intake?
What is this symbol in Kicad schematics?
Thrown Arms Master and Returning Weapon Infusion
Catholicism - How to deal with the possibility of being on call on Sundays?
With existing tech and knowledge of meteorology, can aircraft be designed to reliably improve their range or loiter using updrafts to gain altitude?
Merging sorted integer arrays (without duplicates)
Where are the Cheyenne prophesies of Sweet Medicine recorded?
Homeowner's insurance and alleged business misconduct
The security team has noticed suspicious trading activity. Insurance fee is 25%
British vs. American Scones
STACK OVERFLOW
Questions
Help
PRODUCTS
Teams
Advertising
Collectives
Talent
COMPANY
About
Press
Work Here
Legal
Privacy Policy
Terms of Service
Contact Us
Cookie Settings
Cookie Policy
STACK EXCHANGE NETWORK
Technology
Culture & recreation
Life & arts
Science
Professional
Business
API
Data
Blog
Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Instagram
Site design / logo © 2023 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA. rev 2023.10.31.43698

Your privacy

By clicking “Accept all cookies”, you agree Stack Exchange can store cookies on your device and disclose information in accordance with our Cookie Policy.

Resultado: +0

62. Borja ,

Sirius_Black dice: cinderace dice: na, me gusta enzo 13cinderace dice: na, me gusta enzo 13

63. arielfmeza,

JohnSmith,2366;Elfo;masculino ; nivel 70; necesitas 627361 experiencia para el siguiente nivel; Contribución 3827; puntos de mérito del campo de batalla 747

64. Chillardent,

Aguante ser TFB. pasenmeuncosocrackeadonoseanmalosporfaborñrñrñrñrñrñrñrñrñrñrñrñrñrñrñrñrñrñrñrññr

65. Loba_Espacial,

Pero creo que la idea del hilo era pegar lo que de verdad hay en la papelera en el momento, no copiar a propósito para venir a pegar.

66. arielfmeza,

a ver. alguien admite que ha copiado algo a propósito para pegarlo aquí? xD

67. Borja ,

Eso supongo.
Pd. mi mensaje iba abajo del de loba, Ariel posteó en el medio.

Última edición por Borja , 31.10.2023 22:43:32

68. Catbriel,

yo sí tenía ese mensaje jajaj, esque lo puse en mi estado y bue.

69. Anuel,

creo que eh pegado 2 veces y nunca copié a propósito, pero más de uno sí que lo ah hecho, el punto es que. Loba_Espacial: Pero creo que la idea del hilo era pegar lo que de verdad hay en la papelera en el momento, no copiar...: hace 1 minutos

70. Chillardent,

yo solo pegué
lo que tenía copiado

Última edición por Chillardent, 31.10.2023 22:43:57

71. Catbriel,

alv amigo se pasan no sé vamos pa baneolandia.

72. Markk,

Dio mio. Editar es de cagón eh

Última edición por Markk, 31.10.2023 22:46:23

73. Chillardent,

Marcelo_Gallardo dice: deciced says to line-in-minato: la moderación... o, querida moderación, cuánto me recuerdas tu, tan grande de corazón y tan corta de cesera, a la política que impera en la tierra que a mi nacer me viera. grande de corazón y eso si hay que clarificar, con aquel que a vos os conviene salvar. Mas de justicia tan corta, falta y careciente, cual un recién nacido que careciese de dientes. O moderación progresista, justiciera tras una pantalla y defensora de toda aquella causa políticamente correcta, jamás vos conoceréis lo que se denomina como cenda recta. Fuertes, zafios y amenazantes tras el escudo de reglamento, os haceis fuertes contra aquel que no merece en esta plataforma vivir su último aliento. Pedís argumentos no carentes de lógica e inteligencia, y cuando aquellos de os dan reaccionáis con la más extrema violencia. Moderación moderación, vos que sois tan falta de razón, os guardo en lo más profundo de mi corazón.

74. r-althor,

acá tirás una neurona y no toca el piso. Como dice mi señora madre, se juntaron el hambre y las ganas de comer.

Resultado: -1

75. Catbriel,

Marcelo_Gallardo dice: cosas demasiado importantes, como, por ejemplo. el_principe_de_enzo, disponible, Amigo: Entrada.: 4MesesConTigo,YAnSidoLosMejores,Hasí,QuieroSeguir,Por TodaLa VidaMiprincipe,teAmoTanto,queVoy,aImitarTuEscritura. :* 💕 (hug)

76. Loba_Espacial,

pues mirad, no me creo que nadie copie de forma natural y para otra cosa fulanito dice que fulanitodice que fulanito dice que tal y cual.
Pero bueno, nunca se podrá probar, verdad?

77. Borja ,

EH, yo estoy pasando cosas random que encontré, nunca dije que las manden.

78. Markk,

Supongo que no. Lo que sí puedo probar es lo que decía el mensaje 70 originalmente, que decía algo de un ciervo, unos curas y unos pastores, 1 like y va para el f4 (?)

Resultado: +2

79. manantial,

¿Truco o trato? ¡Abra cadabra! ¡Evento batalla constante! Los monstruos estarán repartidos por todos los mapas del juego y tendrás que matarlos con las armas correctas que se venden en la tienda de artículos variados en la zona segura. Las estacas de madera matan a los vampiros, las de plata matan a los hombres lobo y las de hierro matan a las brujas. Para matar a los monstruos, elige la estaca correcta con la tecla TAB y presiona la tecla de retroceso, recordando que algunos monstruos tardan un poco más en morir. Cada monstruo tiene un sonido diferente, que se puede reproducir presionando la letra M para identificarlo. ¡Abra Cadabra! Si matas al monstruo con la estaca correcta, obtendrás objetos del juego. Si matas al monstruo con la estaca equivocada, pueden pasar cosas muy malas... ¡Advertencia! Pero ten cuidado: necesitarás tener al menos mil manas en tu inventario para activar las estacas. Cada monstruo también te dará un cristal que puede ser de luz o maldito, ¡así que ten cuidado de no matar al monstruo equivocado! Estos cristales se utilizarán al final del evento para obtener premios sorpresa. Cuando los mates, los vampiros te darán ranuras especiales y por cada 20 de ellas en tu inventario, ¡recibirás un crédito! Pirlimpimpim! ¡Que todos cacen bien y tengan cuidado con los Dementores!

80. halia,

Ira espectral; desactivada; Incrementa 150 puntos de daño crítico.

81. r-althor,

pensé que habíamos dejado esa época atrás, más o menos como cuando se fue el 2017 o 18.

82. Anuel,

cinderace dice: te amo encito14 :* <3 (?)

Resultado: -1

83. Markk,

-2 el mensaje jasjajsjajs qué pasó, se asustaron? en fin, el pueblo ha hablado, hoy no haré el papel de alcahuete (?)

Otra vez será. Por como andan de IQ no creo que cueste mucho

Resultado: +1

Última edición por Markk, 31.10.2023 23:02:21

84. r-althor,

los apretás un poquito y arrancan con la negativa. Tienen menos aguante que estantería de cartón.

Resultado: +1

85. johanna_dzg,

enuncie 5 aspectos de acuerdo al autor que caracteriza la cruda realidad del desarrollo regional en la costa
defina o determine dos aspectos de la globalización y la regionalización en el caribe colombiano. pues según mi pc que no lo prendía desde anoche esto fue lo último que copié

86. topero,

こんかい君に襲い掛かってくれるのは、10対のラスボスちゃんだ!さあ、楽しんでくれたまえ!

87. DjDisplay,

¡No puedes tener más de 10 regalos por día! Puedes recoger regalos nuevamente en 23 horas, 59 minutos y 49 segundos

88. Chillardent,

Aminiel era un programador francés que trabajaba en una empresa de tecnología. Siempre había sido un apasionado de los videojuegos, pero también era consciente de las dificultades que las personas ciegas tenían para disfrutar de ellos. Un día, Aminiel decidió crear una plataforma online para personas ciegas. La plataforma ofrecería una variedad de juegos y actividades, todos adaptados para que las personas ciegas pudieran disfrutarlos. Aminiel trabajó duro en la plataforma durante varios años. Finalmente, en 2010 , la plataforma estuvo lista para ser lanzada. La plataforma fue un éxito inmediato. En poco tiempo, se convirtió en el lugar de reunión de miles de personas ciegas de todo el mundo. Aminiel estaba muy orgulloso de su creación. Sabía que estaba haciendo una diferencia en la vida de muchas personas. Los moderadores españoles La plataforma de Aminiel tenía una sección española, que estaba moderada por 2 amigos españoles llamados "el_pichon " y "loba_espacial". El_pichon era un chico joven y divertido que siempre estaba dispuesto a ayudar a los demás. Era ciego desde que era muy pequeño, pero eso no le impedía disfrutar de la vida. Era un gran jugador de videojuegos y le encantaba pasar tiempo con sus amigos. Loba_espacial era una chica madura y responsable que siempre estaba pendiente de que todo estuviera en orden. Era ciega desde la adolescencia, pero eso no le impedía ser muy independiente. Era una gran programadora y se encargaba de mantener la sección española en funcionamiento. Cinderace Un día, una nueva usuaria llamada "Cinderace" se unió a la plataforma. Cinderace era una chica ciega que vivía en Aguascalientes de méxico . Era una gran fanática de los videojuegos y estaba buscando un lugar donde poder jugar y divertirse. El_pichon y loba_espacial se encargaron de darle la bienvenida a Cinderace y de ayudarle a familiarizarse con la plataforma. Cinderace se sintió muy bienvenida y rápidamente se hizo amiga de los dos moderadores. Cinderace empezó a participar en los juegos y actividades de la plataforma. Disfrutaba jugando con otros usuarios y haciendo nuevos amigos. Una amistad especial Cinderace se convirtió en una usuaria muy activa de la plataforma. Pasaba horas jugando y hablando con otros usuarios. Con el tiempo, Cinderace se hizo muy amiga de el_pichon y loba_espacial. Los tres se pasaban horas jugando juntos y hablando de sus vidas. Cinderace se sentía muy feliz de tener amigos que la entendieran y la apoyaran. Sabía que podía contar con ellos siempre. Un nuevo juego Un día, Cinderace decidió crear un nuevo juego para la plataforma. Era un juego de rol que estaba adaptado para personas ciegas. El_pichon y loba_espacial quedaron impresionados con el juego de Cinderace. Lo ayudaron a publicarlo en la plataforma y rápidamente se convirtió en uno de los juegos más populares. Cinderace estaba muy feliz de que su juego fuera un éxito. Sabía que estaba ayudando a otras personas ciegas a disfrutar de los videojuegos. Un futuro brillante La plataforma de Aminiel siguió creciendo y prosperando. Gracias al trabajo de Aminiel, el_pichon, loba_espacial y Cinderace, la plataforma se convirtió en un lugar donde las personas ciegas de todo el mundo podían jugar, divertirse y hacer amigos.

Última edición por Chillardent, 31.10.2023 23:39:55

89. Lost-the-game,

kaaaaa por que de esa ciudad olvidada por deus.

90. f_m_k ,

El portapapeles contiene un trozo muy grande de texto. Su longitud es de 12290 caracteres

7608 mensajes, 254 páginas:  1 23 4 5; 254 ↖ Volver a la lista de temas

Responder al tema

Usted debe estar conectado para poder postear.

¿Perdió su contraseña? Crear una cuenta