First Barbu tournament with prizes for the first 2 winners

21 mensajes, 1 páginas: 1  ↖ Volver a la lista de temas

Resultado: +0

1. Qais,

Greetings everyone!
On October 2, the developers of QuentinC's Playroom have surprised us with a wonderful new game. It was similar to the Bouillabaisse game which we all love, especially when we gather in a party over there. Yes, you have guessed it right, I am talking about Barbu!
To celebrate the release of this new game, and since we have enjoyed it, we have decided to hold a tournament on November 7 and 8 2020 respectively, at 2:00PM UTC.
if you are not sure about the time in your country, please visit the following link:
https://time.is/1400_7_Nov_2020_in_UTC?barbu_tournament
prizes:
The prizes will be a USD10 and a USD5 gift cards for the winner and the runner up respectively.
Note that the gift cards have to be from a well-known US store for regional restrictions that are out of our hands. The winners could also choose to donate their prize to the playroom if they wish to do so.
please read the rules and format carefully before registering. Since this game takes long, make sure you have enough time on the day of the tournament rather than leaving during the game and causing a tough situation for all of us.
format:
our aim is 16 players, at the first stage 4 in each game with 12 rounds.
top 2 from each game will pass to the next stage, leaving us with 8 players for 2 games of 4. In this stage, however, the game will be 16 rounds, and we will take again the top 2 of each game. The final will be 20 rounds with the qualified players.
The mode will be individual random with the everything or nothing rule on throughout the tournament.
general rules:
-please do not leave without making sure from one of the organizers that you have no matches left to play.
- failing to turn up within 10 minutes after starting the tournament, will subject you to elimination, and you will be replaced with someone from the waiting list if available. So please show up on time and inform the organizers if you cannot turn up or before leaving.
since the game is new and still in beta stage, we are running this tournament as a test to see how it goes and what we can improve in the future tournaments.
The registration will be opened until November 3, and the draw results will be announced on November 5.
you can register from the following link:
https://forms.gle/XDaLou4REegmyffN6
wishing all of you best of luck and looking forward to seeing you all in the tournament!
organizers:
abdulla-dubais
Fawaz
Marina7
Qais
prizes by Qais.

2. Kristen_Star,

I'm sorry, but how are you going to run a tournament if this game isn't working properly yet?

3. Ryan_K ,

Registered. Let's go

4. Marina,

Hello,
Currently there are no major bugs. there used to be lots of bugs at the beginning but they were all fixed in less than a week after the game release. Why do you think the game is not playable?
We have played the game several times and we encountered no bugs at all after the fix, except the translation error that says from 2 to 12 players, which doesn't affect the game anyhow.

5. Vojvoda,

Let's try it out, although I don't find it as entertaining as bouillabaisse because there are a couple of boring rounds.

6. YNWA,

I don't see issues with already hosting a tournament for this game. Hosts just have to make people aware that there could be bugs and if games cannot finnish because of a bug then that game would become null and void and the game would restart. If you are at a certain point for example the final round then you could go back to the previous round's scores but that would be for the host to decide. If incorrect scores are given for example during the game then it would be up to the host to make a decision on what to do, their decision would be final. As this game is close to bouilabaisse then it should be possible to get enough players to make a tournament.

7. unolover,

pleeze put me

8. Kristen_Star,

register me

too

9. Qais,

unolover and Kristen_Star: We have registered you, good luck.

10. andkuk,

register me

11. Mohammedddd,

register me

12. Qais,

andkuk: We have registered you, Mohammed: You already registered.

13. Magenta-Unicorn,

I'm in. :)

14. OrsoNero,

I would like to subscribe in this tournament

15. midomidomido,

hello
pleas count me in
i've regestered from the link
thanks

16. Sevrior,

I'm in as well

17. Qais,

Hello all, we would like to remind you that the registration of the barbu tournament will close in 2 days, and at the moment, We have 25 players, good luck all.

18. Angelina-princess,

Hello, if I'm not too late, please count me in!
Can't wait to win this lovely barbu. :)

19. Qais,

Angelina-princess: We have registered you, registration will close today.

20. Sevrior,

assuming I was noted as registered?

21. Qais,

hello:
Yes Sevrior, you are registered.
I would also like to inform you all that the registration for the tournament is now closed.
thanks all for registering, the draw results will be posted soon.
Best regards.

Última edición por Qais, 03.11.2020 21:02:48

21 mensajes, 1 páginas: 1  ↖ Volver a la lista de temas

Responder al tema

Usted debe estar conectado para poder postear.