REPEATED QUESTIONS

11 mensajes, 1 páginas: 1  ↖ Volver a la lista de temas

Resultado: +0

1. YNWA,

I was playing Alesia when I got a repeated question in the very same game. I have sent in the report. I checked after for Kurt Cobain and there was only question with his name so it is not a repeated question on our side. I am surprised that you should get a repeated question in the same game especially when there are many questions in the music section. I hope it can be fixed so people never get a repeated question at least in the same game.

Thanks

YNWA

2. Nikola-Jovic ,

Actually this is quite normal, and also hard to fix. After all it's an online quiz, you can have 20000 questions but you will still get repeats at times.

3. Sajad-Aliraqi,

That's for what random is supposed to be

4. helleon,

Yes that is not uncommon, has happened to me quite a few times

5. YNWA,

I understand getting repeats in new games because the computer would treat each game you play as a brand new one and won't have any association with previous games you have played and that's normal. If you get repeats in the same game then code needs to change to ensure you don't get the same question in the same game again.

6. Nikola-Jovic ,

Well that's not how it works. It doesn't choose questions before the game but what it does is when you choose a category, it selects a random question from it.

7. YNWA,

I know how it works. I Have seen how it works on various computers for a very long time. You should not expect repeats within the same game. There needs to be a system where the computer doesn't pick the same question in the same game. I am looking forward to your response.

YNWA

8. Nikola-Jovic ,

If you knew how it works then you wouldn't just expect it like that. Yes a filter can be made maybe but that depends on the way the quiz is made but if you expect no repeats in an online quiz you're wrong. We will indeed have less repeats but when we have even more questions.

9. basket,

to point out the obvious, it wouldn't be "random" if code was added to prevent repeated questions.

10. balasana ,

My two cents based on my limited computer coding knowledge and some Google search. Sorry if I fail to make sense to you. 

1. There are two main classes of computer random number generators: Pseudo-Random Number Generator and true random number Generator. PRNGs are more efficient, i.e. faster to generate, but they are prone to more frequent repeats. TRNGs are based on real-life dice throwing simulations; so repeats are less often, but the generation might take longer.
  2. I'm not sure if PRNGs are used in QP here. If so, how many of you would rather have no repeats at the cost of the questions crawling out at snail's pace?
  3. I don't believe any filter has been built into the game yet. I suspect how it works now is, as Nickola mentioned, treating each round, instead of each game, as an independent entity. When a round starts, it randomly generates 3 categories out of 15; once the category is selected, it goes on to pick one question randomly from all the available ones in the category.
  4. To filter out repeats for one game, it has to create a table, array variable or such to hold the IDs of the already played questions. Then in the later rounds, it has to compare the randomly generated ID with the ones held. If there is a match, meaning a repeat, it will generate a new random number, then repeat the filtering process.
    The same filtering process could be accomplished similarly at a larger scale. But if you expand the scope from zero repeat in one game to one day, one week, one month etc., you can see the system can get cumbersome really quickly.
    Yeah it can be done in theory, but in practice all depends on Aminiel's system setup and his current personal priorities.
    We are enjoying PR at zero cost after all.
    Well, I could not even answer the questions I submitted correctly; I for one can use some periodical reminders.  

11. Nikola-Jovic ,

Exactly Balasana, that's what i was trying to explain but thanks for writing a better and longer explanation as my english isn't so good to explain such things as well as you did.

11 mensajes, 1 páginas: 1  ↖ Volver a la lista de temas

Responder al tema

Usted debe estar conectado para poder postear.