CHAGING ORDER OF PLAY FOR BACKGAMMON

7 mensajes, 1 páginas: 1  ↖ Volver a la lista de temas

Resultado: +0

1. YNWA,

In backgammon could we add a feature where table master can change order of play. At the moment the table master travels from square 24 to 1 and of course when all tokens are in squares 1 to 6 they can take out tokens. The oponent travels from square 1 to 24 and from squares 19 to 24 can take out tokens by playing that way but it is not possible to change this order at present. It would be nice if it was possible to change direction of play without changing the table master's spot.

2. Nikola,

I agree. In addition, I think that just like in some other games, the order should change each round and not remain the same.

3. YNWA,

That is a good suggestion too, however, the reason for my suggestion was only because a friend who had not played this game before knew the game but was used to only playing one way so in that particular case your suggestion wouldn't be much use if it changed for the second round.

4. Aminiel,

Hello,

I'm not sure to well understand. Do you mean that the order of play should be reversed ?
For example if in round 1 A plays and then B, in round 2 it should be B and then A ?

5. Nikola,

Essentially, yes, as well as the side. What this means is that if A's tokens go out from 1 to 6 in the first round, in the second round it should be from 19 to 24. This was my suggestion, while Ynwa suggested something different. His request was to have a shortcut at the beginning of the game, similar to H in Chess to be able to swap sides. So if Ynwa is the table master and he plays against me, each time he starts the game it will always be him to put his tokens from 1 to 6. So if the shortcut was implemented, H in the first turn would swap this so he switches side, goal being to put his tokens from 19 to 24 while I of course do it from 1 to 6.

6. YNWA,

What Nikola said is correct in the above post. I agree that if you go from A to B in the first game you should be able to go from B to A in the second round. However, If you want to rotate the board so B becomes A for all rounds then that option should be possible too. It is equivalent to changing White to Black or black to white in chess. Both options would be good, thanks.

7. bogdanmuresan,

Hello. Yes. Turning the table will be a great option. It is so strange when you play with the black for example that you have the white pieces in front of you.

7 mensajes, 1 páginas: 1  ↖ Volver a la lista de temas

Responder al tema

Usted debe estar conectado para poder postear.