orca speech queue issue in ubuntu 23.04 nautilus application

9 mensajes, 1 páginas:  1 ↖ Volver a la lista de temas

Resultado: +1

1. girmit,

Hello all who use ubuntu,
Previously, I was using ubuntu 22.04 lts version and due to corrupted path of update source, I upgraded to ubuntu 23.04.
Now all are ok but, while using nautilus application with orca, whenever I navigate to previous/next item from the present item, the speech dispatcher is dispatching the speech with the name of item after one item name is completely told and the next/previous item not told immediately after the respected key has been pressed.
This was not the case in ubuntu 22.04. All was going nice in that.
Any solutions for this friends?
thanks.

2. Moriarty,

Hi,
what version of Orca do you use on the machine?

Resultado: +0

3. girmit,

i hope its 44

4. Moriarty,

you may want to install Orca 45. There's a lot of development going on recently, maybe the issue has been fixed in the meantime.

First, you need to enable source repos in your system, open terminal and use:
sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list

Remove '# ' in front of every 'deb-src' you find.
Be careful while editing the file. Save and close gedit.
Step 2 is to create a symlink for the local dist-packages
cd /usr/local/lib/python-<version>
sudo ln -s ./dist-packages site-packages

Now, we can finally get to the actual installation.
cd
sudo apt update
sudo apt install git
sudo apt-get build-dep orca
git clone https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/orca.git
cd orca
git switch gnome-45
PYTHON=/usr/bin/python3 ./autogen.sh
make
sudo make install

Restart orca and check the version by pressing Orca+H.

5. sky360,

hi. I tried upgrading orca using the above method, and when I run the make command it says no target specified and no file found.

6. Moriarty,

@sky360 what system are you using? distribution and version. Have you run the 'PYTHON=/usr/bin/python3 ./autogen.sh' command? What were the last lines of the output?

7. girmit,

sure moriarty i will try. one of the mistake i made today was i uninstalled python3 while experimenting with creating virtual environment. but, it broken my ORCA and so much apps. then i reinstalled ubuntu 20.04.

8. Moriarty,

@cakeWala 20.04 is ancient. If you want to benefit from the latest accessibility development, I recommend going for 23.04.
Btw, I'm glad I'm not the only person who discovered how important is Python for Linux by uninstalling it. :D

9. Gingerbread,

I also uninstalled Python in Linux, I even broke a Server doing that! I just wanted to repair some issues and my best idea was to uninstall python3.

9 mensajes, 1 páginas:  1 ↖ Volver a la lista de temas

Responder al tema

Usted debe estar conectado para poder postear.

¿Perdió su contraseña? Crear una cuenta