Planning another Uno tournament!

5 mensajes, 1 páginas: 1  ↖ Volver a la lista de temas

Resultado: +0

1. keyWasFull,

Thanks to Impthechampraki who has hashed out basic setup for these uno tournaments.
I'll be hosting another uno tournament. The tournament will take place December 27 and 28, each day starting 5 PM UTC, 12 PM eastern standard. If you need help with the timing let me know. Sign ups must be placed by december 26 at 11 PM UTC, 6 PM eastern standard time, to be accepted. No late requests will be processed.

1. Entry
  2. If you are interested in competing, send KeyWasFull a permanent message letting me know. The first 32 players who ask will be allowed to join, unless there are at least 64 people who ask to join. If this is the case, then the first 64 players will be allowed to join instead.
    After all requests to join are sent, I will randomly select who will play whom, and will post the match-ups here. Expect to see them, at the latest, seven hours before the tournament will begin. Please make your best effort to be there. I can change the order of matches if a person is late to their match, but only to a certain extent. If necessary, substitutes may be chosen to replace those who were absent.
  3. game play
  4. Matches are one on one. The following rules will be enabled for all matches:
    +2 and+4 responses
    interceptions
    super interceptions
    bluffs
    straights

The score limit for the first round matches will be 400 points, and it will increase by 50 for each subsequent round. If there are 32 players in the tournament, the final score limit will, therefore, be 600. Thinking time will be unlimited for the first round, 12 seconds for the second, 10 seconds for the third, and 7 seconds for all rounds after that.
No chatting is allowed during or between rounds. Chatting is, however, allowed between matches. Please remember, if you are not playing, to enable spectator mode, and if you are, to disable it. If the game starts and more than two people are playing, the player who is not supposed to be playing will kicked out and reinvited to the table as a spectator.

THis is a single elimination tournament; i you lose a game, you're out. After the first round matches are done, the round 1 match winner who had the least points will play the one with the most points, the match winner with the second least amount of points will play the one with the second most amount of points, etc. This continues until there are only two players remaining who will battle for the champion title.

Última edición por keyWasFull, 21.12.2014 02:40:09

2. JScholes,

Those time limits are far too short for people on slow connections.

3. keyWasFull,

Hi, A lot of people have complained about the time limit setup. I have revised this so that the time limit will only go as low as 7 seconds. Time limits will be absent from the first round, but then they will go 12 seconds for the second round matches and 10 for the third round matches. All matches after that will be 7 seconds.

4. out_and_about ,

Hello,
I think it may be an interesting experience. Unfortunately, i came to my city tomorrow night and i probably lost practice, so, this time i can't participate. I hope i could do it next time!
In the other hand, regards entering the tournament, it says that we have to write a permanent message. The problem is that this user accepts only messages from friends. Does it mean that only friends or known players can enter?

Última edición por out_and_about , 26.12.2014 00:13:48

5. keyWasFull,

Less than 5 hours remain to place your requests. I am sorry about the permanent message thing; I have fixed it so that anyone can send me a permanent message. So get your requests in and let's see if we can fill out these last 14 spots! If we do not, I'll only allow the top 8 winners from the first round to continue playing.

5 mensajes, 1 páginas: 1  ↖ Volver a la lista de temas

Responder al tema

Usted debe estar conectado para poder postear.