about leaving on the table in chess at the middle of the game

5 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Retour à la liste des sujets

Score: +3

1. Flare-Jhon,

Hello, good day everyone! In the few times I've tried to play chess here, I just pay attention to the other players, when they feel like they're going to lose, they just leave the table. They don't even appreciate the effort that real players put in. Is it always like this? I experienced it myself. What if this is the case, if they leave without even abandoning, the player who just leaves will automatically lose and it will be added to their stats. And the player left on the table is the winner. There are people who really play the chess as a real game but because of people who cannot accept defeat their time and effort is wasted. I hope you will notice this and if you do not implement my suggestion, I hope you will find a solution. Thanks a lot. John14!

Score: +0

2. Nikola,

Hello,
My hope is that eventually, once the social score system is less buggy, this will indeed be the case, especially for Chess.

The social score system is supposed to detect when somebody left a game in progress before finishing it, although it has some bugs currently. Right now it's just a value in statistics that decreases if you do this, but it is my hope that at least for 1V1 games, it can also automatically give you a win.

Another thing worth noting is that some players don't know that they can abandon a game when they notice they can no longer win, particularly people who use the Playroom only for playing Chess.
Thus, typically I message a player to tell them about this feature when this happens. This is not going to work of course if the player doesn't speak English or is just a bad loser, but it has definitely worked a few times.

As a reminder, it's shift+M to abandon, and shift+A to confirm that you really want to do it.

As a suggestion, it could also be presented as a warning before leaving a game of Chess, but I don't know if that's technically doable.

Score: +3

3. Flare-Jhon,

Hello, thanks for the response. I hope that the social scor will be functionable in the future. Speaking of abandon, do I need to accept the abandon of my opponent? Because I'd incounter that one of my player chat on the table asking me to accept through shift A, but this command not work on me. That;s why, he accept it by him self.

4. Nikola,

Hello,
that's because this was the case for a long time, so some people are not aware of the change.

In the past, when you abandoned the game, your opponent had to accept it.
However, a year ago this was changed and now, more logically, you just need to confirm yourself that you are sure you want to do this.

Score: +2

5. sopralto,

Yes, this is the case many times with chess here. If you have not tried playing on Lichess.org, I would suggest that, it has an option to enable blind mode for accessibility. It is a mainstream site, there are plenty of games and tournaments, and real players.

5 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Retour à la liste des sujets

Répondre au sujet

Vous devez être connecté pour pouvoir poster.

Mot de passe perdu ? Créer un compte