99 suggestion

19 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Retour à la liste des sujets

Score: +10

1. codbro,

Hello, there should be thinking time for 99, like in other games, i use 99 for large games and we find that' its a bit slow when playing with large amounts of people

Score: +1

2. sky360,

how will you make a thinking time, I mean you should definitely add a penalty to the user who cannot play within the set time, if no penalty is added and just turn is passed, it doesn't make sense because, for example the total is 32, and its my turn, I don't have 10/9/ase, so I will just wait for the time to be over and my turn to pass. because if I play any card I lose a penney.

Score: +0

3. theSocialIntrovert,

-3 points and turn skipped :)

4. Spongebob,

It is a good idea to have a thinking time in games, especially when playing with large groups of people.

One way to implement a thinking time is to set a timer for each player's turn and if they exceed the allotted time, they can be penalized in some way.

For example, the player could lose a point or have to play their turn by a random card rather than skipping the turn, similar to bots. It is also important to consider the balance between giving players enough time to think and keeping the game moving at a reasonable pace.

5. Aminiel,

Hello,

Thank you for this suggestion.

It looks reasonable to put an optional time limit for playing your turn in 99, as it is normally supposed to be a quite fast-passed game, i.e. you aren't supposed to think for long before playing a card.
Of course it will be an option and adjustable. It could be like in uno, between 3 and 45 seconds.

The simplest and probably the most effective will be to lose a token and skip to the next player when the time limit is hit.
I think that 2 or 3 tokens is too agressive, and automatically play a random card isn't very entertaining and realistic. Some people might be tempted to systematically wait at their turn and let the game play alone.

Score: +2

6. YNWA,

I don't disagree with the principle of having a timer but if I am on 97 Pennies wouldn't I choose to be timed out knowing the next player would face the same dilemma as I am in? This would be the same for 31pennies or 64 pennies.

Score: -1

7. Spongebob,

@Aminiel: I think we should let the table master decide the rule when the timelimit is exceeded. Some possible choices can be skipping the turn, taking away a single penni or playing away some random card by the server.

8. Nikola,

Skipping a turn should never be an option. If I am at 97, I'll always let the timer expire, so what is the point of that? Most likely my opponent will do the same, so we're essentially having a blocked game where nobody wants to do anything. This way, at least you take a risk by losing a penny.

9. Aminiel,

Hello,

Just skipping a turn isn't a viable option, as said by Nikola. It must cost you at least one penny. And after all your turn shouldn't be skipped.
Maybe it should cost two pennies when the count is near 99, so that you won't wait needlessly when you know that you will go above 99.
IF your turn isn't skipped when you hit the time limit, it just means that it's still your turn, but you have one penny less. It's not interesting to wait for nothing, whether or not you are about to win or lose.

As I have already said, I don't like much the idea of playing a random card. You may totally stop playing, let always the game choose for you, and win at the end with some luck.

If there is a time limit, it must cost you something to hit it.
You shouldn't be able to play with it, include it in your strategy, and win. Hitting the time limit must always mean losing a bit, and losing enough so you have to matter about it.
A game where you can play with the time limit is a bad game, in my opinion.

10. Nikola,

Hmm, how about when the timer expires, make me lose a penny and junk a random card to end my turn? That way, I am risking losing a valuable card, not to mention decreasing my amount of pennies, and there is practically no way to win using this strategy. Moreover, I still have to press space to draw a card after a card is junked, so if I over do this and let the timer expire 3 times in a row, I'll no longer have any cards and lose 3 pennies.

11. sky360,

yes completely agreed with Nicola here.

12. Isaac5457,

Another suggestion is to progressively begin losing pennies when the time limit expires. I propose losing one penny every 15 seconds the player remains inactive.

13. Aminiel,

Hello,

I have implemented the suggestion as discussed. When the time is out, you lose a penny and a random card. Let's see how it goes.

Score: +2

14. Nikola,

Hello,
it seems to work well from a quick play, but the thinking time isn't announced at the start of the game.

15. M_A_G_A,

I was just playing 99 with the time limit. I would like to make a quick suggestion. Just like Uno and other games here on the platform, It'd be helpful to enable the R hot key where R allows one to see the rules of the 99 game, including the time limit. Thanks!

16. codbro,

oh wow, this got added, thanks for getting this out there everyone, its useful for me

17. M_A_G_A,

Yeah, it's a great new feature! But, the "R" hotkey stil needs to be enabled so that players are aware of the set time limit of the current game.

18. Nikola,

Hello,
it seems like this is implemented after the latest reboot.

After you press R, you can hear the thinking time limit if enabled.

19. M_A_G_A,

I appreciate the update. The "R" hotkey now works perfectly! Thanks again for implementing this!

19 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Retour à la liste des sujets

Répondre au sujet

Vous devez être connecté pour pouvoir poster.

Mot de passe perdu ? Créer un compte