6 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Retour à la liste des sujets

Score: +12

Sondage: Are you agree?

Are you agree?

20 (91%)

2 (9%)

22 votes
Une seule réponse possible.
Les réponses sont anonymes. Personne ne peut voir qui a donné quelle réponse.
Ce sondage est clôturé, vous ne pouvez pas y répondre.

1. Franco-Escamilla ,

Hi all.
I think it would be great to be able to change the owner of a permanent message. For example, if I have a discussion with the maximum number of people, I can give them the power to do what the owner can do (this is clear after the original owner gives up this power).
I also think it would be nice to increase the number of people allowed in these messages, maybe to 8? I don't know, but I think it would be good for when you want to have a group discussion, taking into account that you not only have permanent messages to leave just one message, but also to organize many important things.

Score: +2

2. Borja,

For me the best thing would be to remove the limit on permanent messages. Maybe someone needs to have a discussion with a large group of people and can't because of this really unnecessary limit.

Score: +1

3. Nikola,

Hello,
regarding assigning someone the owner of a discussion, I agree.
I am not completely sure about this, but I think that even if you leave a discussion, nobody is the owner anymore, and nobody can even re-invite you back if you want this or do anything with that discussion. At least in that situation the ownership should definitely be transferred to the next participant.

Regarding the limit, it was probably done for spam prevention. I'd love limitless discussions too, but I am sure that just like with everything else, someone found some way to abuse it already…
That being said, maybe we could do something different. Just a thought, but maybe after you create a discussion, you can have an option to share the link to it. If you activate that option, you get a link you can share with any user, and then they can choose whether to join it or not, which won't have a limit, or maybe some limit similar to table invitations, i.e. 4 users at most can join before you can share it with the 5th one. It would be kind of similar to some platforms like Skype or WhatsApp which allow you to share invitations to groups.

PS: just my opinion, but I don't think it is necessary to now make polls for all suggestions. If people agree they can vote +1 for the topic already.

4. Franco-Escamilla ,

I agree with you, maybe could be a good idea the transfer of the message to next participant when the owner leaves it.
Same way, it's probably a good option if the link is implemented, so people decide if they really want to join the discussion, or failing that a confirmation is asked when inviting someone, so the limit could be removed.
Regarding the polls, you are absolutely right, but I thought that perhaps I could be an extra support for this suggestion to go further :D

5. Aminiel,

Hello,

Permanent messages are now quite an old feature and yes, for sure, there are things to do to improve them.

Concerning the maximum number of participants, it's always the same with limits: it's never enought.
I admit that 6 is maybe a little thight. Perhaps we can imagine other kind of limits. For example, 20 friends but no more than 6 people outside of your friend list or something like that.
That's also something we should discuss internally with the staff to make the feature evolve.

IN short, I can't accept or reject anything clearly here, and promise that it will or won't be done. WE have to discuss with other admins, helpers, and work to do to imagine maybe something less strict, with less annoying limmits, but still safe enough against spam and other malicious people.
Don't expect to have any news soon on that topic, the work is going to take quite a while.

Score: +0

Dernière édition par Aminiel, 09.01.2023 18:02

6. Franco-Escamilla ,

oh yeah, limits aren't always enough, but I think 4 participants in a perm is too few, which is why I raised the suggestion.
It is also appreciated that it is taken into account, thank you very much and I hope you and your team of administrators/helpers are very well :)

Score: +0

6 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Retour à la liste des sujets

Répondre au sujet

Vous devez être connecté pour pouvoir poster.

Mot de passe perdu ? Créer un compte