Asynchronous tables

4 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Retour à la liste des sujets

Score: +3

1. Isaac5457,

Hello, I have a suggestion to improve the playroom: asynchronous tables. In this mode, players take their turn on their own schedule. While this mode can work well on certain games, this setting should ideally be implimented on as many games as possible. The following additional options are proposed when creating tables:
Set thinking time (this can help with potential scenarios of player misconduct).
Set Expiration period: controls the length of time a player has to take their turn before the game automatically surrenders (a minimum of 5 days and a maximum of 14 days are proposed). If there are more than 2 players at any given asynchronous table and a specific player surrenders, that player is considered eliminated. Play will continue with all remaining players.
Gameplay: When it is your turn, the following additional elements are proposed:
History buffer: Displays the history for the previous action of your opponent(s).
Full Transcript: Saves the transcript of the game in progress and downloads it to the device.
Start: For games that have thinking time, this will start the timer.
Note: As the current notification system works only when a player is connected to the server, I propose a refinement of the notification system to deliver alerts even if the player is offline for the best experience.
Any other amendments to this suggestion are welcomed.
Thank you for your consideration.

Score: +1

2. Caoimhe,

Hello,

The time limit feature has already been implemented in several games: uno, 99 and scrabble. Well there is one more (The ultimate press enter official game), but it's time based so I'm not sure if that counts. Probably yes... I like this feature and I think it would be great if it was added to other card games here.
Also, expiration period sounds interesting, but I'm not sure how useful it would be. Personally, my friends and I like to create tables and play from time to time, but sometimes we can just stay there and chat for a long time while the game is going on. But I don't know how many people do it, so others might like it, because it makes sense.
I am not sure about web, but if you are using the Windows client you can: Press alt2 to switch to game buffer, where you can view everything related to the game you are playing or played; and press f9 / Save history in a file, to save the history where you can view the loggs.
The start: If I understood it correctly, the timer itself can be a little annoying and distracting sometimes, but it might be useful if there was a key shortcut to see how much thinking time you have left.
and finally, regarding the notification system, I don't understand what notifications you want to get when you are offline. You can send people permanent messages and they can see them when they go online. Right now, I can't think of anything else. Maybe some forum notifications, but I'm not sure about their usefulness.

3. Aminiel,

Hello,

Implementing this suggestion would require quite a consequent rewrite, as the playroom hasn't been prepared for asynchronicity like that at all.
Given the work it requires, I don't think it's really worth it. As I see it, it would only be really useful only for pure strategy games like chess, go, reversi and connect four. It isn't very useful for other games to last that long, nor very entertaining.

4. Destranis,

Someone played Diceworld too much :D

Score: +0

4 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Retour à la liste des sujets

Répondre au sujet

Vous devez être connecté pour pouvoir poster.

Mot de passe perdu ? Créer un compte