Bot API

5 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Retour à la liste des sujets

Score: +8

1. Mortem,

Hello,

I think there should be a bot API. I want to make a bot which will for example sit at a free table and provide link previews when a link is posted. I would guess that reverse engineering the protocol to make a bot and then making a user account for the bot would be against the rules, that’s why I don’t do it. I don’t want my bots to be able to play games, not even to sit at game tables. I just want custom bots at free tables more than anything.

Edit: Unpopular suggestion huh? Come on guys lets get it to -5.

Score: -1

Dernière édition par Mortem, 18.01.2023 16:22

2. FlatWhite,

I support this idea and see the value in this proposition, especially when it comes to free tables which can certainly benefit from additional functionality. The only concern here might be potential abuse. To prevent cheating, bots using the API can be restricted to joining only free tables and distinguished from real users through a setup similar to Discord, where bots have a "verified" badge. But I don't know how much actual need there is for this feature. Though it would be nice to have.

Score: +0

3. unolover,

thay have those on rs games

Score: -2

4. Mortem,

@Cortado: Yeah I completely agree that abuse prevention would have to be thought out. Of course you shouldn't be able to make a bot which just kills everybody at Uno, or something. Bots should either only be able to join free tables, or locked as permanent spectators at game tables.

Score: +1

5. Mrityunjay,

Very useful with restrictions to prevent abuse of course.

Score: -1

5 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Retour à la liste des sujets

Répondre au sujet

Vous devez être connecté pour pouvoir poster.

Mot de passe perdu ? Créer un compte