a suggestion to add time limit feature for qc.

14 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Retour à la liste des sujets

Score: +1

1. chan,

dear developer, if possible could you Please add a time limit feature in the playroom.
This is a suggestion. For instance, a user can set his/her time limit for playroom. Once the time limit ends, the user will logged out from the playroom and able to access it after the specified time by the user. Please consider it. thank you !

2. Quintin-D,

What is the point?

Score: +0

3. chan,

mostly people like me engaged in free table discussions without caring the time. not for all, if it comes, at least it may help some people in managing their time in this platform.

4. sirjio,

well that's a good idea! but according to what I feel, it should be user customisable not like mandatory basis. again for the person who would like to manage their timings this should be a good solution.

5. Nikola,

Typically, there are apps for this sort of thing, which would limit your usage of an app after a certain time period. Of course, they are usually made for parental control/educational setting, and actually I don't know of one that's accessible for Windows, but you can probably find something or maybe someone has an idea.

Anyway, I have never seen this being a part of a game itself. It's quite strange, and anyway, if you can't manage to control how much time you spend on the Playroom, I really doubt that if this was auto blocked for you, you wouldn't find some other activity to do instead.

6. lucy_light,

There is no point in adding this feature, from my point of view, but maybe some votes would conclude.

7. Quintin-D,

I believe spending more time on improving your time management and self-control will benefit you more than having this feature available.

8. Caoimhe,

Ah, time management. The bane of our existence, and the key to our success. It's like that needy friend we can't help but tolerate, because without it, we'd be lost.
Now, let's talk about online platforms and how easy it is to get sucked into free table discussions without keeping track of time. It happens to the best of us - we innocently start chatting away, and before we know it, hours have passed and our other responsibilities have fallen by the wayside.
But here's the thing - it's not the developer's job to babysit our time. We're smart and capable beings here (well, mostly), and it's up to us to develop the skills necessary to manage our time effectively. Sure, a time limit feature could help, but relying on it to do the heavy lifting for us is not a sustainable solution.
Why bother developing time management skills, you may ask? Well, for starters, it can help us achieve our goals more efficiently. Need to finish that project by the end of the week? Time management can help you break it down into manageable tasks and prioritize accordingly. But it's not just about productivity - good time management habits can also reduce stress and improve our overall well-being. Taking breaks, minimizing distractions, and prioritizing self-care are all essential parts of managing our time effectively.
So let's take responsibility for our own time management, both online and offline. It's up to us to make the most out of our experiences and prioritize our responsibilities accordingly. And who knows - with good time management, maybe we'll even have time for that nap we've been putting off for weeks.

Score: +2

9. Aminiel,

Hello,

This is quite strange to have an app saying "hey, you used me enough for today", isn't it?

As already said, there is absolutely no point in adding such a feature.
There are tons of apps to help you if you lose control of your time. Don't find something complicated, a simple alarm or timer can be enough !
In any case, here in the playroom staff, we aren't your educator or your parents. Sorry, that's not our role.

That being said, I have heard about a feature in WoW which made you earn a lot less XP after you passed a few hours on the game. You had to disconnect for a while to cooldown and be able to win the full amount of XP again, and it was supposed to fight against no-life.
However, I don't know if it's still true, if it was true at a certain time and no longer now, or if had never been true.

Score: +2

Dernière édition par Aminiel, 23.02.2023 22:16

10. Adventure-Time,

Oh hey, that's an excellent idea, how about developing a feature that would be intentionally decreasing our chance to win, and increasing our bad luck in card or dice games once you exceed a given time limit? Or nah, let's not forget all those free table procrastinators, better to gradually slow down the connection of people who have been online for too long, or even too often per week, so they find it difficult to use the platform and take a break for some time.

Dernière édition par Adventure-Time, 23.02.2023 22:50

11. abhisheksingh ,

If this happens then it will be a good step. Young people also spend a lot of time in online games. Everyone has work, but a person will do more work in which he enjoys. Even people playing online games take it as a career. YouTube also asks to take a break for some time.

12. gemmi,

oh well, that depends on you how you spend your time. that being said above, the app itself can't say that hey you, you've used me enough. its time to take a break.

13. triggered,

what about adding time tracker for the playroom. it'll tell like, for how long you are on this day. well. it'll only making healthy playroom.

14. Abhishek ,

I think there is something regarding on time in stats.
I didn't get that much. it gives i think your average presence.

14 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Retour à la liste des sujets

Répondre au sujet

Vous devez être connecté pour pouvoir poster.

Mot de passe perdu ? Créer un compte