Suggestion for Incorporating Region-Specific Time Stamps in Play Room Activities

20 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Retour à la liste des sujets

Score: +6

1. Abhishek ,

I would like to suggest incorporating region-specific time stamps for all activities within the play room. For instance, I recently edited my previous post on the play room at around 9 PM "Indian time," but the play room displayed the edit at 16:27 "server time." It would be beneficial if the play room could recognize and display activity timing based on our respective countries.

Score: +3

2. Qais,

Hello,
From Display options in your account settings on the site you can change your timezone.
https://qcsalon.net/en/display

Score: +2

3. Abhishek ,

@Qais
thank you for informing this settings.
As I checked, there is not much clearance for Indian Standard Time (IST) which is gmt+5:30, in display options.
This has resulted in some confusion when attempting to select the appropriate option for India.

Score: +1

4. Aminiel,

Hello,

Normally it shouldn't be so confusing. The time zone list don't present you XYZ standard time because there may be several in some countries, but is organized in continent/city. It couldn't be clearer.

So you just have to select the city which is the nearest from where you live. Normally there is at least one city for each country.

Score: +3

5. Abhishek ,

@Aminiel

So you just have to select the city which is the nearest from where you live. Normally there is at least one city for each country.

I have checked the list, and there is no indian city listed there.
As far as I know, whatever cities listed in that part, are not come in india.
mostly in lot's of websites for indian time, following cities are used:
kolkata, chennai, new delhi, mumbai.
I hope you will fix this.
or else, It will be much better, if these kinds of settings got auto adjusted as per our country.

Score: +0

6. sky360,

@abhishek there are multiple Indian cities available, including but not limited to delhi, Jaipur, kilcata etc. not sure why you are not able to find them.

7. Abhishek ,

@sky360
As that list contains 426 Items, I can't explore complete.
Following cities I got while searching in that list, by direct using "first later navigation i.e. (I)":
Indian/Antananarivo
Indian/Chagos
Indian/Christmas
Indian/Cocos
Indian/Comoro
Indian/Kerguelen
Indian/Mahe
Indian/Maldives
Indian/Mauritius
Indian/Mayotte
Indian/Reunion
in that list, There is no mention "India" Anywhere.

8. Aminiel,

Hello,

I hope you will fix this.

Sorry but I can't really change anything there.
Time zone databases from which this list is taken come bundled with the operating system and/or programming libraries. I'm not supposed to change it as will.

I can't tell you why a given city is in the list and why another isn't, this is standardization processes and I don't know at all how India is handling all that stuff. However, I can tell you that there are indeed several Indian cities available: Dubai and Kolkata, among others.
Your difficulty is maybe that city names are always written in english, though. Unfortunately, they aren't written in their original language.

or else, It will be much better, if these kinds of settings got auto adjusted as per our country.

As far as I know, country / city / region auto-detection is based on IP ranges and isn't always very reliable. So even if I could maybe help you by making a guess, you should still be able to change and select anything.
I prefer not to be too smart, as it's probably harder to fix a wrong guess than to don't guess anything at all.

9. Abhishek ,

@Aminiel

Sorry but I can't really change anything there.
Time zone databases from which this list is taken come bundled with the operating system and/or programming libraries. I'm not supposed to change it as will.
I can't tell you why a given city is in the list and why another isn't, this is standardization processes and I don't know at all how India is handling all that stuff. However, I can tell you that there are indeed several Indian cities available: Dubai and Kolkata, among others.

No, I didn't find those cities in that list. maybe by mistake those are in other catigories.
I use first later navagation, but there isn't india or indian cities.
if you see my last message here, you will get what i say.

Your difficulty is maybe that city names are always written in english, though. Unfortunately, they aren't written in their original language.
No. that's not the issue.
I also searched some popular cities by there initials, but i didn't get those.

I prefer not to be too smart, as it's probably harder to fix a wrong guess than to don't guess anything at all.

I respect your decision, but it will be great, if qc ditect it automatic, and users will get option to change aswell.
so if auto ditection fails, users will manually adjust it.

10. Nikola,

Hello,
this list isn't very good for first letter navigation, because the cities take the form of continent/city name. So, every Indian city will of course first start with Asia, and then the city name.
Thus, if you look through Asian cities, you should definitely find it.

This can take some time, so if this is possible, maybe I would invert this so that it is in the form of city name/continent instead.

Then again, you will do this only once and probably very rarely change it unless you are traveling a lot.

11. Abhishek ,

@Nikola
Thank you.
I got your point.
but this is not good, because, each contenent have lot's of countries. it means, the city list will also high, and it will be hard to get that name.
Also, I find cities alined to name "indian" like following:

Following cities I got while searching in that list, by direct using "first later navigation i.e. (I)":
Indian/Antananarivo
Indian/Chagos

as you also know, there is no continent by name of "indian".
its very confusing, I hope @Aminiel will consider this.

12. Negaar,

hello try to find this Asia/Kolkata , 252 of 426

13. Abhishek ,

@WaterWave
Thank you for finding this.
I have set that settings, but this is not a accessible way.
I mean, its not good to manualy explore that much big list.

14. Aminiel,

As far as I know, India isn't considered as being as continent alone, but is part of Asia... Please tell me if my school told me lies.

I'wll try to simplify the use of that big list as far as I can, but since you don't need to change time zone all the time, it's going to be quite low in the priority list.

By the way, the breat majority of players have never set any time zone. Only about 5% dit it.

15. Negaar,

Lol, that's actually indicating indian islands. It's not a big deal if you know what you are looking for and also just once By the way I think that's because the majority weren't aware of that feature. Or got used to convert times.

16. Abhishek ,

@Aminiel

tell me if my school told me lies.

It is evident that your school did not provide any misleading information. However, it appears that there may have been a misunderstanding in our previous communication. Allow me to clarify my suggestion, which is to organize the list based on countries rather than continents.
for example:
india / New Delhi.
india / Mumbai.

I'wll try to simplify the use of that big list as far as I can, but since you don't need to change time zone all the time, it's going to be quite low in the priority list.

thank you for considering it. I also know it comes in low priority list, But as a end user I told this issue.

@WaterWave

By the way I think that's because the majority weren't aware of that feature. Or got used to convert times.

Based on my observations, it appears that the majority of individuals were not aware of a particular feature. This is likely due to the fact that time conversion requires two parameters, namely, the specific time to be converted and the time to which it will be converted. Additionally, I am uncertain which time zone is utilized by the server as the default setting. In the absence of proper guidance, it is possible that users may not be able to fully access all of the features available in the playroom.

Score: +2

Dernière édition par Abhishek , 30.03.2023 07:14

17. Aminiel,

Hello,

The default time zone is the one where the server is physically located, i.e. Europe/Paris.

I'm afraid, but I probably won't be able to indicate countries in the list, as I don't know in which countries most of the cities are located. Especially for Asia, Africa and Oceania, I don't know at all. Sorry.

18. Abhishek ,

@Aminiel

I'm afraid, but I probably won't be able to indicate countries in the list, as I don't know in which countries most of the cities are located. Especially for Asia, Africa and Oceania, I don't know at all. Sorry.

I think instead of going manually, it will be great if it done by programming it self.
there are lot's of ways to achieve this thing.
I know it will be bit of tricky and complex, and low priority as well, but you can consider whenever you will give any measure update.

Dernière édition par Abhishek , 30.03.2023 19:13

19. Quintin-D,

Just find your own city and set it

20. YNWA,

I would suggest having a number for each region, however it is confusing as Nicosia is listed as Asia not Europe and there could be others like that. I do agree this is not that important and I do suggest people find a city listed that equals their time zone.

20 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Retour à la liste des sujets

Répondre au sujet

Vous devez être connecté pour pouvoir poster.

Mot de passe perdu ? Créer un compte