New Game Suggestion

2 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Retour à la liste des sujets

Score: +0

1. ABiolanAtHeart,

To the developer:
It is my joy to write to you again.
I have a card game suggestion that no blind game developer has developed so far.
Would you consider making Contract bridge?
This game is arguably one of the most challenging card games out there, but tens of millions of people enjoy it because friendships are made at bridge tables and for the immense complexity of the game.
Bridge is played with two pairs of partnerships.
There are no variations on this rule.
Bridge can not be played with three or five players.
It must be played with four players by forming two partnerships.
There are three variations of bridge: rubber, Chicago, and duplicate.
Duplicate is going to be very difficult to program, but I think you can develop rubber and Chicago.
For the complete set of rules of bridge, please visit
www.rpbridge.net or Wikipedia.
Thank you!

2. Aminiel,

Hello,

Your aren't the first to propose bridge.

I have essentially two problems with such a difficult game :

1. I have tried to read the rules several times already, but didn't understand much. Tarot was already a great programming challenge, but bridge is one more level harder to do. And of course, it's impossible to program a game if you don't precisely understand all the rules and in detail, even to make bots that are completely stupid. IF one or more people have the patience to teach me how to play very precisely, in french if possible, I will perhaps be able to do something, but otherwise not: I regret, it's too hard for my, I wont be able to do it just by reading the rules on my own. Note that I already did that for Tarot, otherwise it would have never been released. That being said, I would be happy to learn with someone how to play, because I personnally like games where you ahve a nice balance between strategy and chance. Now that someone showed me how to play Tarot, I must admit that I like it a lot.
  2. The second problem of that kind of game, I see, unfortunately, is that the general interest is quite low. Most people on the playroom prefer to play easy games which don't involve too much strategy and thinking. Farkle, Uno and 1000 miles are thus some of the most played games. People who like really difficult kind of games are relatively few and tend to stay together without never, or very rarely, getting newbies members.

2 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Retour à la liste des sujets

Répondre au sujet

Vous devez être connecté pour pouvoir poster.

Mot de passe perdu ? Créer un compte