Additional Stats and Achievements

4 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Retour à la liste des sujets

Score: +0

1. Jeff-Rutkowski,

Hey there Quentin.
A suggestion was brought to my attention by Piotrmach regarding additional stats and even some achievements in the games.
Are you planning on listing the number of games won/lost, the largest/smallest number of points earned, ETC?
I'm looking forward to the changes coming in the near future.

2. Aminiel,

Hello,

Games won/lost are indeed going to be in upcoming stats, but they will stay personal only, i.e. no classement based on them.

The reason to not having a classement for something like efficiency based on win/loss ratio is that it's too easy to be on the podium by just winning a game and then never play that game again. It's also bad to have a classement based on the absolute number of wins/losses, because it doesn't mean the same if you won 50 times out of 100 or only 50 times out of 1000. Ideally, such a classement should be based on a formula that mixes the two. But it's not as simple as it looks like. Is it more valuable to play less often but win more frequently, or play a lot but win not so frequently ? What should happen for those who are hooked and play really a lot more than others ? For example, who is the better between someone who won 4 times out of 10, and someone who won 200 times out of 1000 ? Consider also that it's of course not at all the same value to win a short blitz with 150 points limit, and an epic long game for which the limit was 10000. So, the right balance, fair for everyone in all circunstances, is very difficult to achieve.

For pure strategy games such as chess, connect 4, etc. Elo classement has been invented and is well designed for the purpose, but it can't apply generally for all games, unfortunately.

If someone comes with a smart way to rank people in games like uno, 1000 miles, monopoly, rummy, and all others possible games, I'm open to suggestions.

Concerning minimum or maximum score, it's not planed but afterall, why not. The only problem here is that depending on the game, only the minimum is relevant, for some others only the maximum is relevant, and finally, there are cases where none are relevant.

3. Jeff-Rutkowski,

I know this might sound like overkill but a list of all games played can be listed with something like the following.
January 31, 2014: Jeff won against Russell 5500 points to 2200 points. You have obtained all 4 ammunities receiving the bonus of 500 points.

Something similar might be possible with Uno or Monopoly, for instance.
January 31, 2014: Jeff won a game of Monopoly against Erion, 22000 points to 13000.

Just an idea Quentin.

4. Aminiel,

It's effectively an overkill. Do you only know how many games are finished in one hour ?

4 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Retour à la liste des sujets

Répondre au sujet

Vous devez être connecté pour pouvoir poster.

Mot de passe perdu ? Créer un compte