suggesting a way that chess bots could be implemented

6 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Retour à la liste des sujets

Score: +0

1. Rory101,

hi,
There are these chess engines that use some usi protocol or some such thing, maybe you could implement one of those for chess bots? It doesn't use much powre because I play with one on my old lap top 2gb RAM at 1.5ghz processor.

2. spaceship,

Yeah and some of them are free, like stockfish.

3. mehdi-t,

hello all. i completely agree. it will be great if we can play chess with the bots. i like the game very much. and most of the time, there isn't anyone to play chess with me. please add bots to the chess game. again, thanks a lot!

4. Moriarty,

Hello,
there are not just engines, but also open-source uci wrappers, containing the whole logic of loading an engine, starting a game, pumping in and getting out moves, and checking the game state.
All that one needs to do is to add a library to server, instantiate a class and you have fully prepared ai ready to battle.

Board games are quite easy to work with in general, there are already prepared wrappers for games such as Go, Arimaa or Shogi, implementing them in Quentin would be a few lines of work, if there is good object model. When it comes to engines, there are quite many of them. Stockfish is a clear choice for Chess, Shogi or Xiangqi could be plaied with Fairymax, GnuGo is a very easy to work with engine using gtp for Go, and for Arimaa, I have successfully used bot_opfor with my own aei parser.

Best regards

Me

Dernière édition par Moriarty, 26.06.2020 19:16

5. Mastani ,

yeah, it would be better if we could play chess with bots.

6. blindium,

These discussions are all so nice, but are they reported or somehow checked by the developers?

6 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Retour à la liste des sujets

Répondre au sujet

Vous devez être connecté pour pouvoir poster.