New suggestion for the new duck racing challenges

8 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Retour à la liste des sujets

Score: +0

1. StormProductions,

Hello,

I noticed that the speed-based challenges have just been introduced.
We have the number challenge, where you need to enter 5 numbers as fast as possible, what if we would have the same thing for a word, for example IDK duck, racing, music, network, playroom, game, etc. Those were just some suggestions for words.

2. spaceship,

Hello, I think if this is implemented, the following point has to be dealt with.
Some of the letters are used as certain shortcut keys. like for example d is used for getting information about a card, or the map.

3. Nikola,

Yeah, I doubt this will work. It would have to be specific for each language in addition to the shortcuts problem already mentioned.

4. StormProductions,

The answers can be moved to chat. This way mobile users can also deal with it.

5. YNWA,

Why not just type in numbers/words into a box such as the little exam?

6. Nikola,

Because it's a lot faster to just type and get the result, than type, press enter, find out if it's wrong, press a key to bring up the box, repeat. Especially when guessing a number, it's important to be able to type multiple entries quickly. I am guessing that's why Aminiel opted for this system of typing it directly.
Doing something like this in chat isn't very practical. Instead of just focusing on your individual entries, you'd hear what your opponent is doing, and again, in case of guessing a number this could get quite confusing, not to mention that you would be able to see entries of each other.
I quite like this system and don't see major disadvantages, other than the fact it doesn't work on the web, but as I previously said I can't see myself ever beating somebody using the Windows client exclusively on a touch screen. On Windows, it takes a few seconds to type the correct entry at most, while on Android / iOS this could take a lot longer depending on how good you are at using the touch screen.
Edit: Actually, I just thought about something. Why not, when a speed duel is active, pressing enter anywhere in the menu opens an edit box where you can type, but you can also do it directly the way you do it now? This would offer both systems and you could choose which to use, as well as Web client support.

Dernière édition par Nikola, 06.10.2020 21:35

7. Vojvoda,

What about adding this to a free table?

8. StormProductions,

That sounds pretty good, too. I want to see some new free table commands for some other games while youțre chatting.

8 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Retour à la liste des sujets

Répondre au sujet

Vous devez être connecté pour pouvoir poster.