Security at Playroon

8 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Retour à la liste des sujets

Score: +1

1. Arthas ,

In the Portuguese language, there are a couple of users creating accounts with offensive nicknames, didn't the administrator @hermes inform you? On my list, for example, there are 4 offensive names. If you want, I can write their names here in the thread so you can see. In my humble opinion, it wouldn't hurt for you to put a Google captcha when creating an account to try to avoid this a little.

Score: +0

2. YNWA,

There will always be something that will get missed as you can't filter out everything. Take the joke topic as an example. It is always possible that the person/people don't realise one of the words is offensive in one of the articles.

3. Aminiel,

Hello,

We don't want to add CAPTCHA, at least not active ones where you are required to solve any kind of challenge. While it can block robots, it also blocks quite a lot of legitimate people who aren't very comfortable with their computer.
Remember that one key success of the playroom is to have people from 9 to 99 years old.
So, believe me, at best it's quite an useless annoyance, and at worst it's a real barrier.
Do you really like solving Google CAPCHA ? trying to understand words sometimes in a language you don't know at all ?

There exists other passive means to find out if you are a robot, and they are probably as efficient as active CAPTCHA.
All active or passive systems assume that the vaste majority of robots are relatively stupid, which they are 99% of the time.
IN any case, none of them will block the smartest ones, and it's even more true nowadays with AI coming.

Additionally, it isn't going to help in the case you are mentioning. Those who register with insulting names are perfect humans, and so won't be blocked by a CAPTCHA.
It won't take out their motivation to annoy the world. At best it will simply slightly slow them down.
So, again, a lot of work, a lot of annoyance, probably for quite little benefit.

Score: +4

4. Arthas ,

I honestly don't know what is happening or what should be done.When an account is deleted by administrators, are the requests sent by this person removed?

5. Arceus,

Hello. In the Portuguese forum, there's a troublemaker attacking it by creating numerous threads. I'm unsure if Hermes has contacted them, but this has been happening quite frequently. As a platform user, I would like to request some security features that would prevent such actions, such as a daily limit on thread creation – for instance, each user being allowed to create only 3 threads per day. Perhaps this would make the forum more secure.

Score: +1

6. Nikola,

@Arceus That would just be annoying for normal users, and wouldn't solve your problem, it would just move it.
Instead of spamming new topics, a spammer would just reply in the existing topics.

7. Arceus,

Hello, I believe this would make the moderators' lives easier since the user created numerous topics. I'll paste the link to the Portuguese forum here so you can get an idea of the problem he caused.
https://www.qcsalon.net/pt/forum57.
Additionally, a regular user cannot post twice in a row. Therefore, I think this would make it much more difficult for a spammer.

Score: +2

8. Nikola,

@Arceus To be perfectly clear, I understand completely the problems the Portuguese server is facing, and I hope they can be resolved. I wasn't at all trying to minimize the situation. It's indeed quite unfortunate that one person can create a mess for everybody, but that's the problem of smaller platforms ran by volunteers.

However, the solution you proposed is ineffective. A user cannot post twice in a row, but only in the same topic. That does not mean they cannot post twice in multiple topics across the forum.
Even this inability to post twice in a row is an extremely unfortunate limitation, and I have been negatively affected by it in multiple situations, without trying to spam anything.

From my side, I suppose that the only effective solution could be that every new user is placed on some kind of moderation period. This would mean that their forum messages would first have to be approved at the start, and after the moderators feel like the user can be trusted, i.e. no multiple accounts and such, the user can gain the regular poster status. The real question is would this already make the lives of the moderators difficult and would it require them to be a lot more active on a daily basis?
From my perspective at least one person must monitor the forum in any case to prevent major problems, so probably not that big of a difference, but this is only a user perspective.

Anyway, hopefully the situation will improve in the near future.

Score: +2

8 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Retour à la liste des sujets

Répondre au sujet

Vous devez être connecté pour pouvoir poster.

Mot de passe perdu ? Créer un compte