A bug while playing in the latest version of edge an narrator

11 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Retour à la liste des sujets

Score: +0

1. fatih,

Hello,
I have a bug with the latester version of microsoft edge and the playroom web client. It seems that with the latest version of edge, the commands like ctrl+home and end doesn't seem to work and when I press too many keys, the client disconnects me from the game.

2. Nikola,

Hello. You should be able to use just home and end, no need to add CTRL. In regards to too many keys, normally it should happen only if you hold a key for too long and it's a spam prevention feature. I have not tried Narrator with Edge, that's in my opinion still not something I can daily use, but might test the Playroom later today to see how it works. Are you using the older Edge or the new, Chromium based Edge? If you are on the old one, that will anyway soon be replaced by the newer and much more accessible browser, probably in the upcoming Windows 10 feature update.

3. Aminiel,

Hello,

Currently, Edge isn't officially supported. Last time I tried, about one and an half years ago, it was quite thedious to use in general both with Jaws and NVDA. I haven't tried again since. I'll probably have another trial with Edge Chromium once it become widely deployed.

4. fatih,

Hello,
As reply to nikola's post, I am using the chromium edge while exsperiencing these bugs. I had played the playroom on the older edge and everything was working fine. But once I had updated to the new, chromium version of edge, it began to kick me out if Iperssed too many keys and ctrl home and end commands were not processed by playroom. Instead edge would receive the commands and they wouldn't work. I guess the home and end keys withought ctrl wouldn't work as well. I am talking about this because everything was fine in the older edge version.
Can you test with edge, because now it is using the same engine as google chrome?
Thank you for your interest.

5. Alan1003,

Narater? what?

6. phoenix009,

Man!

Narrator is... okay, but I would recommend using a more full-fledged screen-reader such as NVDA or JAWS.

7. Sajad-Aliraqi,

Is Narrator what somebody would really want to use.
Don't get me wrong but it isn't as useful as NVDA

8. Jatayu,

to be fair, narrator has improved a bunch, especially with the latest versions of windows. you guys may not believe this but i dont think it will be long before narrator might actually match up to the popular screenreaers these days. that is if microsoft keeps up their development streak, mind you

9. dragonoid,

long life to nvda

10. fatih,

Hello,
The bugs are present using nvda and Microsoft edge as well, not only narrator.

11. Alan1003,

Sometimes I have to use narater because my nvda from 2017 glitches when I open edg.

11 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Retour à la liste des sujets

Répondre au sujet

Vous devez être connecté pour pouvoir poster.