Sending private messages outside of your list of friends

4 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Retour à la liste des sujets

Score: +1

1. Nikola,

Hi,
there is one thing that some users find quite confusing, and that is because of what the Playroom tells you when you try to send a private message to someone who isn't in your friends list.
If you yourself chose to disallow private messages from people who aren't in your friends list, you can't send a message either. This makes sense and is completely fine.
However, the Playroom tells you:
"Nikola wish to receive only private messages from their friends."

This, however, isn't really true, as the issue isn't with the user receiving the message, but rather with the user sending it. If it could instead say something like, "Due to your privacy settings, you can't send private messages outside of your list of friends", that would be much better and would resolve this confusion.
There is an additional limitation here as well, web client users can't send messages outside of their friends list, regardless of their privacy settings. I am not sure what the reason for that is, but here also it should be made more obvious what's the problem, instead of telling us that the other user has his privacy settings configured in such a way as to disallow the message.
If you don't plan to remove this Web client limitation, then also the Playroom should tell you that sending private messages outside of your friends list isn't possible on the web client.

I hope I was able to explain everything clearly.
Thanks for understanding.

2. Mrityunjay,

yup, I definitely agree. it would resolve all the ambiguities present.

Score: +0

3. Aminiel,

Hello,

This should be fixed now. The message is now different if you can't send the message because of your privacy setting or because you are on the web client.

The root for the limitation on the web client is that it's a lot easier to go around bans and we can't do much about it. This limitation slightly prevent the range of dammage you may do with unknown people.

Note that with many social networks, by default you can't send a private message to someone outside of your contacts either.

4. Nikola,

Hi,
yeah, not being able to send by default is ok, but on the web you can't do it at all and the privacy setting is essentially useless.
However, the ban explanation makes sense and I understand that.

Thanks for the fix, everything is as expected now.

4 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Retour à la liste des sujets

Répondre au sujet

Vous devez être connecté pour pouvoir poster.

Mot de passe perdu ? Créer un compte