Duck Racing Bugs

9 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Retour à la liste des sujets

Score: +0

1. JoshYork,

One thing I've noticed is that if you have two cards that are exactly the same, such as Hand Switch, and your opponent plays a card rub or you land on cartboard glue, not only does it take one card, but it takes them both. Another thing I've noticed is that if you play a card that requires you to skip a turn, or if you play an impulsion card and land on a square that makes you skip turns, you don't fully skip that first turn. So I think that skips should be redefined so that you skip all of your required turns. For example, let's say you land on Cozy nest and have to skip two turns, but you played an impulsion or helix card, then maybe finish your turn and then skip both turns so that nobody can cheat the system that way.

2. Nikola,

Hello,
your first report is indeed a bug.
For the second report though, it's not really cheating. When you play a card, you haven't played a turn, because you did not roll a die. Thus, this turn also counts as one of the already skipped ones. This is done whenever possible. Only rolling a die counts as a complete turn.

Score: +1

3. Fawaz,

hi,
the first bug has been reported, regarding the second, how it could be cheeted with?
so if you moved to 18, you are losing your ability to roll the die, thus, you are losing a turn. then one more turn. just as playing sandwich.

4. Reddy,

hi. just found a bug, 1st, two bots were playing daddy duck and computer rifik.
then the table master, ram-chan did the following:
Daddy duck has been replaced by Reddy.
Computer rifik has been replaced by ram-chan.
then i pressed t,
It's Reddy's turn.
but when i try to role the die or play a card:
It isn't your turn.
then he tried replacing me with the bot again but the bot also wouldn't play anything.

5. Nikola,

Hello,
do not replace a player as soon as they roll a die, wait for the turn to be completed.
If you replace a player after the die has been rolled but before they move on the board, the game will be completely stuck and you can't recover it.

If you didn't do that and just replaced normally, then it could be a different bug.

6. Reddy,

hi nicola. it was that mistake indeed, Daddy duck throws the die: 1
and before he could even move.
daddy duck has been replaced by reddy.

7. RedHotCharliePepper,

I've been in some games that have to be abandond because it appears to be stuck after a challenge. They say they never see their options, but I just discovered and tested the fact that if you are having a Rock, paper, sissors challenge for instance and you hit the escape key by mistake the options are gone and not recoverable.

A potential solution and an option I would like to see in the game is to have a turn timer like we have for the trivia questions. The default could probably be 20 seconds as well. In the case of the options not showing if time runs out then a random selection is made. If it's a regular turn and your time runs out then it's a automatic roll.

8. Nikola,

Hello,
the options in a duel can be recovered after escape by pressing f11.
I agree escape should not make them disappear though, the same applies to the quiz questions.

9. RedHotCharliePepper,

Thanks. I think someone told me about the F11 before and it didn't seem to work, but I just tried it out now and it did. I may have hit the wrong key before. I still like the idea of a turn timer though because sometimes, even me yesterday was waiting for my opponent to take his turn and about a minute later he said, it's your turn. Also there's people who like to chat to others privately during the game holding it up for everyone else. I understand looking at your cards and seeing where everyone else is, but if it's every turn it gets annoying. Also one of the options in a turn timer should be unlimited for those who like it the way it is now.

9 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Retour à la liste des sujets

Répondre au sujet

Vous devez être connecté pour pouvoir poster.

Mot de passe perdu ? Créer un compte