Bugs with special characters

10 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Retour à la liste des sujets

Score: +1

1. Nikola,

Hello,
a situation which I am about to describe has already been reported before, but I wanted to bring it up again as we never received an answer, but also it could be something worth looking into before V3 is released.

I am not sure if this is a client or a server bug, but in some places, special characters aren't displayed correctly.
Playroom's UTF 8 support is almost perfect, except these 2 situations I will describe.

When writing a status, try to write a special simbol, for example in Serbian something like č or ć. Upon submitting the status, you will notice that those characters are replaced by question marks.

The second case is related to displaying the list of saved tables. Try creating a free table, and then writing a topic with these characters as described above. Just like the statuses, if you try to save a table and access it via the restore a table menu, in the list those characters will also be replaced by question marks.
This second case could seem like a small issue, but it actually creates quite a big problem on the Russian Playroom because the entire Playroom is in cyrillic, so if you try to save several games, in the restore a table menu you won't know which game is which, as they will all be displayed as question marks.

I'm hoping you can take a look at this in the future, both because of the problematic situation in Russian I described, and also because several people here are confused why they can write Serbian letters in some places and not in some others.

I also clarify that all special characters are perfectly supported in all other places I tested, for example in the join a table menu, chat, permanent messages and so on.
Thanks.

2. Aminiel,

Hello,

Do you notice a change between version 2.2.8 and the beta regarding these issues, or is it exactly the same with both ?
Just trying to know if the problem is on the client or on the server.

3. Nikola,

Hello,
I think it is a server problem.
I just did some further testing, and not only is the problem same in V2 as in V3, but it also happens exactly as I described when using the web client.

4. Aminiel,

Hello,

It's indeed a server problem.

It should now be fixed for next tables and free table topics. Tables that have been saved before this evening will remain broken, though.

5. Nade,

There are some emojis that still can not be pasted at a status message but hopefully it's just emojis and not, let's say, alphabets belonging to other languages or so.

6. Nikola,

Hello,
for my case, I can write everything now, including special simbols or the Cyrillic alphabet itself and I thank you for the fix.

I'd be interested for examples of emoji that still can't be written though, I haven't tried too many but those that I did worked fine.

7. Nade,

Can't remember them anymore actually now lol. But I remember a balloon was one of them, for example. Also a planet and a slice of pizza hit my mind now. I am sure there will be multiple like those.

8. Fawaz,

Hi,
It is true some emoji still not supported, such as "smiling face with sun glasses"
however, Arabic characters are displayed perfectly.
thanks.

9. Aminiel,

Hello,

It would be interesting to try recording here the characters that don't go through correctly.
If they doesn't work on the forum either, you can certainly tell how do you proceed to generate them.

10. Nikola,

Hello,
it is correct, the mentioned example, Pizza emoji indeed doesn't work as a status. There are probably others too.

Here is the character, provided that it works on the forum:
????
Edit: Unfortunately no, it does not go through on the forum either. It could be a different problem in this case, since the other special letters I was talking about all worked on the forum / permanent messages, but these don't seem to, neither from the client nor the website.
To generate it, you can use something like the Windows 10 Emoji panel, Windows plus . and then in the food category, you should be able to find it. If you still have trouble, I could send it using an alternative method of your choice, for example via email.

Dernière édition par Nikola, 04.07.2021 19:05

10 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Retour à la liste des sujets

Répondre au sujet

Vous devez être connecté pour pouvoir poster.

Mot de passe perdu ? Créer un compte