bugs regarding uno

23 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Retour à la liste des sujets

Score: +1

1. James_Ketchup ,

Hi, this has already been reported it seems but possibly missed. I'll paste the link that explains everything clearly written by someone who has more experience than I do with the game.

http://qcsalon.net/en/tickets?k=c003f3ead7b2a20bf7fe015eb1bb13c41ba34d8b

To add on to this, after one of the updates to v3, something strange happened. A dot appeared in front of the cards which forces the screen reader to say dot after every card played. The solution to this is to turn symbol level to none however this does not work if you play on the english and spanish side. When it's set to none, it completely ignores the plus in +2 and just reads it sa a normal 2 which gets confusing.

2. Nikola,

Hello,
the dot in V3 is actually a little different to what you describe, and even a little strange.
The dot after the card name was always there, but in one of the updates to V3, for some reason, there is a space before it.
This isn't a translation error because in V2, this space before the dot is not present.
What is even more strange here is that this space is not at all present when reading the game history from the history edit box, but it is present when the cards are automatically read, or when reading with page up and down.

For example, it could say something like:
You play a blue 1 .
Instead of
You play a blue 1.

As a result of that, some English synthesizers like Eloquence or ESpeak will say you play a blue 1 dot, when there is a space before the dot rather than after it..

You can try this yourself, first play a card, and copy the string by focusing on it with page up and down and then pressing ctrl plus space, you will notice there is a space before the dot as described.
Then, try copying it or just reading it from the history edit box, and you will see this space before the dot is not present at all.

I wanted to report this strange problem, but after a while I got used to it and didn't even get bothered by it anymore..

For the other bugs reported on the link, they are indeed all more or less present, but bugs with kicking or crashing the game are completely random with no way to reproduce so are probably hard to fix.
Sometimes these game crashes are very, very nasty, and sometimes you can't send any data at all like chats or check anything for a while, until the Playroom times out and you get disconnected.
It seems like when this happens, there are 2 of you on the Playroom. One at a table and in a game, while the other one real you which at this point can even leave the table, the phantom you will still remain present and won't be kicked out until about 15 minutes, at which point you will also be forced out of the Playroom regardless of what you are doing at that time..

As soon as you notice that a game seems blocked, the master should press ctrl plus s to save. Then, you all should be very patient and wait for about 15 minutes until most people are kicked out and then come back online, then the game can be recovered.
This won't always work, sometimes not everybody gets kicked out at the same time and it is just a mess in general especially in larger group games, but it is a workaround to the problem until it is resolved.

3. James_Ketchup ,

Hi, the reason why I mentioned the crash was because it happened 3 times in a row during a tournament game on the spanish side. Admittedly, we did not wait the 15 minutes before trying for the second time but for the third, we gave it at least 20 to 30 minutes before trying again. I know there's nothing that can be done immediately, I just thought I'd share this info with the hopes that it will make some difference.

Score: +0

4. Lieta,

Hi, thanks for reporting. I have been playing uno only for one year and I have lived these bugs several times. Actually I hadn't experienced problems since I started playing with the beta client, until Monday, when my games got bugged 3 times, as James said.
Apart from these bugs, which I wish could be fixed since they aren't new, I have some problems when playing with the beta client. I'm sure someone has already reported them at these forum (I did at the Spanish one witout directr or indirect answer) The thing is sometimes I'm over a specific card, and suddenly it's like I scrolled (without moving) and my possition changes. Imagine when I have to intercept... And it's really anoying sometimes.
I'm not the only person that has these problems. I have talked with other people that live in close countries and they have problems too. So... I hope the next versions, or at least the 3.0 version when it's completely released, have a sollution for this.
Sorry for the long post and excuse my English if I have made any mistake.
Thanks since now!

5. aidenn,

I have the same problem but it is different, I don’t have V3 beta, but in my version two, when I flick to the history, it will say, stupid computer pleaser, then I have to click to the right to hear what card it played, then I flipped to the right again tonight here. Simple dads with every card, please fix this other words, when I look closer the for example, when I flick to

6. James_Ketchup ,

This post makes no sense at all. I'm sorry, I'm struggling to understand and I'm sure the developer will struggle as well

7. Aminiel,

Hello,

Thank to all your details, I think I have it for the space and dot problem. I'll try to fix this for the next beta (2.99.43).
The problem seems to be due to colors: in uno, in the sentence "Bob plays a red 5", the part "red 5" is supposed to effectively appear red. Something seems to be broken here.
You may confirm it by playing monopoly, as property names in the text are also written in their color.

For the rest of the problems mentionned, I don't have it, sorry. I probably won't be able to fix anything until you find a clear serie of steps te reproduce.
Additionally, if there's network randomness in the mix, it will make things a lot harder.

8. James_Ketchup ,

Hi, to reproduce the wild draw 4 glitch, all you do is play a wild 4 and before choosing the colour, save and restore the game. You'll see that you will have to draw the cards your opponent was meant to draw. I hope I'm explaining this in a way that makes sense. Should I copy and paste a part of history to show what I mean to make it easier to identify?

9. Nikola,

Hi Aminiel,
thanks for that explanation about the V3 bug, that makes sense and I did not think of that.

For the network bugs, yes, unfortunately they are completely random and I am afraid that there will never be a clear way to reproduce, but nevertheless it is quite a major problem.
For example, often when the game crashes, in the history it is shown something like:
Nikola says: Interception.
But then there is no interception occuring, as if it is stuck on trying to intercept a card.
Either that, or as already said in the bug report, it is stuck on displaying the scores after the end of a round.
For example, when a round is over, there could be several seconds of delay, and then it could say:
Nikola gets 51 points.
Then a few more seconds, and then displaying the points the next person got, and so on.

Sometimes, this also causes a complete crash, and sometimes the it is enough to just wait a bit and the game recovers..

The most annoying part here is that you can't just restart, or re create a table, as said before your Playroom is often completely stuck for a while and you can't send any data.

Other than playing a lot of group Uno games which would be time consuming for you, do you have some way to log all the Uno games occuring? If you do, the problem will almost certainly be seen soon, as it is happening almost daily on the English side and especially in the evening.
The problem is not exactly new, it is indeed happening since the last year, around the time when the problems with bots freezing started and general Playroom crashes, so it could be connected to that as I don't believe it was happening before.

Anyway, forgetting these network problems for a moment, there are some bugs mentioned here that are not random and could be fixed.
For example, the one in particular I mentioned already once on the forum and you said it would be fixed in the next update but forgot about it, and that is that the option to skip your turn after drawing cards, if enabled, is not displayed in the list of enabled rules you get by pressing the r key. It is only displayed at the start of the game.

Also the one James mentioned, if you save and restore while playing a wild or a wild draw 4, this causes you not to be able to choose a color, or in the case of a draw 4, you have to draw the cards yourself.
Finally, in the original ticket posted, there was also a time limit bug, that is that if you save and restore the time limit is stopped, but this is fine as we use this to temporarily pause if someone needs to go for a bit, but the original poster wanted the time limit to continue if you draw a card after the table is restored which makes sense.

Hope that makes this clear and sorry if I forgot something.

10. James_Ketchup ,

Can I just add, a few days ago, someone on my friends list and I were playing 2 separate games of uno yet both our games crashed. We ad to restart our respective games with our opponents. The scores froze for the 2 of us and the game became unplayable.

11. Lieta,

Hi again. I don't know how useful this can be, but some people and I, when the 3 bugs happened, reported the history, both at the spanish and the english side. Maybe the reports help at least a little bit, don't know... thanks for paying atention to this, hope it fixes.

12. Aminiel,

Thank you James and Nikola for your explanations. I'll have a look at those bugs, it's much clearer now.

For the slowness / slugginess problem, does it occurs only with uno, or do you also see it in other games ?
That's quite strange if it occurs only in uno.

Next time it occurs, can you tell me the date/time, maybe I can find clues somewhere else. The more precise you are, the more I have chances to find something.
IF you can, also note who was at the table. In fact, a single person with a bad connection can create troubles for the whole table. The more time/people indications we have, the more we have chances to find something in common, again.

Thank you.

Dernière édition par Aminiel, 10.07.2021 22:28

13. Nikola,

Hello,
so far, I have only noticed this problem happening in Uno.
Even then, I believe that it happens only if super interceptions and straights are enabled, I doubt it happens in the default version, but this is just my guess as I never play that one.
My idea is that it has to do with how quick and dynamic this type of a game is, especially in larger groups, but it has worked perfectly fine 2 years ago and such problems were not happening.
I will certainly note the time and date when this happens again, and since people on the Spanish side seem to be experiencing even more often, I'm sure someone will post about it.
For now, I can only say that typically this happens in late evenings or early mornings. When I say late evenings / early mornings, I am talking about the French timezone as we are in the same timezone.

While we are talking about Uno bugs, I wanted to mentioned another very minor one I just remembered. When the time limit is enabled, if you pause the game between 2 rounds with shift p, and while the game is paused one of the players leaves, the game gets confused and starts the game timer. Thus, even though the game is paused, players start randomly getting new cards from the pile and passing turns to each other.
This is a simple fix though, just unpausing the game and starting the next round solves it, but it is a little confusing so if that could also be fixed it would be very appreciated.

Thanks, and hoping you will find a solution to this problem. A fast Uno with interceptions is one of my favorite games that I always come back to.

14. gfriha,

The game starts.
+2 and +4 responses are allowed.
Straights are allowed.
Interceptions are allowed.
Super interceptions are allowed.
Bluf is allowed.
The score limit is fixed to 250 points.
Round #1. gfriha shuffles the cards and deals 7 to each player.
gfriha returns the first card of the pile and makes it visible on the table. It is a green 9.
It's Indiana jones's turn.
green 9
Your cards are now sorted by ascending number.
Indiana jones plays a green draw two.
It's your turn.
green draw two
You draw 2 cards.
You play a wild draw four.
Choose a color:
The table has been saved!
Welcome to the playroom, version 2.99.42 [27.06.2021]. 131 players are connected at the moment.
You have joined the table.
Wait for players to join, then press enter to start the game. Press B to add bots, press Shift+B to remove bots, and press Alt+O to set game options.
Indiana jones has joined the table.
It's gfriha's turn.
You draw 4 cards.
Choose a color:
You want green.
Indiana jones draws 4 cards.
Indiana jones plays a green 2.
It's your turn.
Welcome to the playroom, version 2.99.42 [27.06.2021]. 131 players are connected at the moment.
THE-ETERNAL-OPTIMISTIC has just created a new table of Scopa.
Wait for players to join, then press enter to start the game. Press B to add bots, press Shift+B to remove bots, and press Alt+O to set game options.
green 2
You play a green 4.
gfriha says: interception!
You play a red 4.
It's your turn.
You draw a card.
You draw a card.
You draw a card.
Indiana jones says: interception!
Indiana jones plays a red 4.
red 4
Indiana jones plays a red 8.
It's your turn.
red 8
Indiana jones says: interception!
Indiana jones plays a blue 8.
blue 8
You play a green 8.
It's your turn.
You draw a card.
You draw a card.
You draw a card.
green 8
You play a green 3.
You play a blue 3.
It's your turn.
You draw a card.
You draw a card.
You draw a card.
blue 3
You play a blue 7.
You play a yellow 7.
It's your turn.
You draw a card.
You draw a card.
You draw a card.
Choose a color:
You want yellow.
Welcome to the playroom, version 2.99.42 [27.06.2021]. 129 players are connected at the moment.
Indiana jones draws 4 cards.
Indiana jones plays a wild draw four.
Indiana jones wants green.
It's your turn.

Here it's the example of what happens with the +4.
You can see 2 cases: the first one, when you play a +4 and save while you've played it, so you didn't choose the colour, that's where the bug is, where you draw the cards, not your oponent. And the second one when you play a +4 and you choose the colour and save after that.
These where the rules:
Straights are allowed.
Bluf is allowed.
Thinking time is limited to 10 seconds.
I also put this rule: Skip turn after drawing cards? but it doesn't appear.
There is another bug, but it only happens when you play with bots.
If a bot plays a +4 and you press f to accuse him of bluf the time limit will stop, it will start again when you play a card, and that's not how it is suposed to work. The time limit works always, unless you save and restore a table.

I really thank nikola of his explanations of the bugs, he clearly has a better English than mine. I tried my best to explain this problem and the other ones on the ticket. If you needed examples, stories saved, whatever you could have been said it. I also could have been tried to explain what happens to a person that can speak English or French better than me. It's ok, I guess, now you know that those problems exist but... well, but nothing.
Have a nice day, hope that helps.

Dernière édition par gfriha, 11.07.2021 01:42

15. Lieta,

It's awesome they have been able to catch your atention, specially since they aren't the first people that explained this. In fact at the first post there is another post that explains all of this without any response... But.. OK, nice, at least there's a response in the end and I supose the solution is closer for all of us. Thanks for that

Dernière édition par Lieta, 11.07.2021 01:51

16. Aminiel,

Hello,

The problem with saving and restoring while someone is choosing a color should now be fixed. The missing rule has also been added in the R key.

However, I probably won't fix the thing with timer. I don't find very good to start the timer immediately when a table is restored, as people may take a few precious seconds to join back in and look at the hand they had.

I can't reproduce the funny bug you have mentionned with timer, pausing and people leaving. It doesn't seem to happen when kicking out bots, so it's difficult to reproduce myself alone.

Remains the slowness problem. One more question about it, do you have an idea when it started ? A few weeks, a few months, more than one year ?

17. gfriha,

Hello, no, obviously not. that's not the idea. Also, uno is a very quick game if you play it with all the rules activated so when someone asks for a pause saving and restoring helps a lot to stop the game. The thing is that if you draw a card, the timmer yes, it should count, like if you decide to play. Because uno is also a game of strategy, and you can decide that you don't want to play any of the cards you have in your hand.
For example if you know that your opponent has red, in the table there is a blue 2 and your only option is a red 2, you of course won't play that red 2.

The game starts.
Straights are allowed.
Bluf is allowed.
Round #1. gfriha shuffles the cards and deals 7 to each player.
gfriha returns the first card of the pile and makes it visible on the table. It is a yellow 5.
It's Stupid computer's turn.
Stupid computer plays a yellow skip.
Your turn is skipped.
You play a blue skip.
Stupid computer's turn is skipped.
It's your turn.
You play a blue reverse.
It's your turn.
You play a green reverse.
It's your turn.
James_Ketchup has just entered the playroom.
Welcome to the playroom, version 2.99.42 [27.06.2021]. 118 players are connected at the moment.
Stupid computer has joined the table.
You draw a card.
You draw a card.
You draw a card.
You aren't allowed to draw more than 3 cards!
Rules:
Straights are allowed.
Bluf is allowed.
Thinking time is limited to 8 seconds.
And here, the timmer should have been started. I understand that it should not when you save and restore.

Dernière édition par gfriha, 11.07.2021 11:33

18. James_Ketchup ,

thanks, saving and restoring works great on this end. I'm glad to see that something is being done about this. Thanks again

19. gfriha,

Hello, I think that an approximate date of those slowness bugs is the 17th of may of 2020. I remember a tournament in the Spanish side where nicoferreyrarp played against mr.shakur, they had to start the game 2 or 3 times because it kept breaking and kicking the players out from the table. Those bugs started some days before, but at least this date is one that I can be sure.
Here you have the thread of the tournament.
http://qcsalon.net/en/forum32/topic60733p4

20. Nikola,

Hello,
thanks for your fixes

Yes, what Gfriha says is correct. I remember that it all started close to when Corona started, so we were joking that Playroom server also has Corona issues haha.

For my time limit problem, yes I also can't reproduce that with bots. I think that a player who is leaving must be the one who's turn it is. So when the game is paused, press t to check who's turn it is, that should be the one next to one who just finished the round, and if that one leaves that should cause the problem as the turn is passed to the next player.

I'm not home until next week so I am limited to the web client, but I will try to reproduce this after I am back and send a history.

21. gfriha,

Hello, Here you have a history with nikola's bug.
Straights are allowed.
Bluf is allowed.
The score limit is fixed to 430 points.
Thinking time is limited to 10 seconds.
Brujito ha abandonado una mesa de Mesa libre [escuchas, el musicomio! or ecuatorial fm].
el-quitu-diiaz ha abandonado una mesa de Mesa libre [TotalMente en vivo! tarde boemia con luismaster01].
The game starts.
Straights are allowed.
Bluf is allowed.
The score limit is fixed to 400 points.
Round #1. nicoferreyrarp shuffles the cards and deals 7 to each player.
nicoferreyrarp returns the first card of the pile and makes it visible on the table. It is a blue 4.
It's black123's turn.
blue 4
nicoferreyrarp says: interception!
nicoferreyrarp plays a red 4.
It's nicoferreyrarp's turn.
Your cards are now sorted by ascending number.
red 4
nicoferreyrarp plays a wild draw four.
nicoferreyrarp wants red.
It's black123's turn.
black123 says: You're bluffing!
black123 accuses nicoferreyrarp of bluffing... he is wrong and must draw 2 penalty cards.
black123 draws 6 cards.
It's black123's turn.
red
It's black123's turn.
black123 plays a wild.
black123 wants blue.
It's your turn.
Choose a color:
nicoferreyrarp has failed an interception and takes 3 penalty points.
You want red.
nicoferreyrarp says: You're bluffing!
nicoferreyrarp accuses you of bluffing... He is wrong and must draw 2 penalty cards.
nicoferreyrarp draws 6 cards.
nicoferreyrarp draws a card.
It's black123's turn.
red
It's black123's turn.
black123 draws a card.
It's your turn.
You play a red skip.
nicoferreyrarp's turn is skipped.
It's black123's turn.
You play a yellow skip.
nicoferreyrarp's turn is skipped.
It's black123's turn.
black123 plays a yellow skip.
Your turn is skipped.
nicoferreyrarp plays a blue skip.
black123's turn is skipped.
It's your turn.
blue skip
It's gfriha's turn.
You draw a card.
Choose a color:
You want yellow.
nicoferreyrarp says: You're bluffing!
nicoferreyrarp accuses you of bluffing... He is wrong and must draw 2 penalty cards.
nicoferreyrarp draws 6 cards.
nicoferreyrarp plays a yellow draw two.
It's black123's turn.
yellow
black123 plays a yellow draw two.
It's your turn.
You play a red draw two.
nicoferreyrarp plays a blue draw two.
It's black123's turn.
nicoferreyrarp plays a red draw two.
It's black123's turn.
It's black123's turn.
red draw two
black123 draws 10 cards.
It's black123's turn.
black123 plays a red skip.
Your turn is skipped.
black123 says: interception!
black123 plays a green skip.
Your turn is skipped.
green skip
nicoferreyrarp plays a green 9.
It's black123's turn.
nicoferreyrarp plays a yellow 9.
nicoferreyrarp plays a yellow reverse.
It's your turn.
yellow reverse
black123 has failed an interception and takes 3 penalty points.
You play a green reverse.
black123 plays a yellow reverse.
yellow reverse
nicoferreyrarp plays a yellow 3.
It's your turn.
You play a yellow 7.
It's black123's turn.
gfriha says: uno!
nicoferreyrarp plays a blue 7.
blue 7
black123 plays a blue 7.
It's black123's turn.
blue 7
blue 7
black123 plays a blue 9.
black123 plays a yellow 9.
It's black123's turn.
yellow 9
It's black123's turn.
black123 plays a yellow 7.
yellow 7
It's your turn.
You draw a card.
yellow 7
You play a yellow 2.
It's black123's turn.
gfriha says: uno!
nicoferreyrarp plays a blue 2.
blue 2
black123 plays a green 2.
It's black123's turn.
black123 plays a red 2.
red 2
Too late!
black123 plays a red 1.
black123 plays a blue 1.
It's black123's turn.
Too late!
blue 1
black123 plays a blue 8.
nicoferreyrarp plays a blue 1.
It's your turn.
It's gfriha's turn.
black123 has failed an interception and takes 3 penalty points.
blue 1
It's gfriha's turn.
You draw a card.
You can't play.
It's black123's turn.
blue 1
nicoferreyrarp: 9.
black123: 9.
gfriha: 2.
Deck: 49.
Pile: 39.
Total: 108.
black123 plays a blue 6.
Jose-luis ha entrado en la sala de juegos.
black123 plays a red 6.
It's black123's turn.
red 6
red 6
It's black123's turn.
nicoferreyrarp plays a green 6.
nicoferreyrarp plays a green draw two.
It's your turn.
You draw 2 cards.
You can't play.
It's black123's turn.
black123 plays a green 4.
black123 plays a green 3.
black123 plays a green 3.
It's black123's turn.
green 3
You play a red 3.
It's your turn.
You play a red 4.
It's black123's turn.
You play a yellow 4.
It's your turn.
You play a yellow 0.
nicoferreyrarp gets 37 points.
black123 gets 24 points.
gfriha gets 0 points.
Scores:
gfriha: 6.
black123: 30.
nicoferreyrarp: 70.

Next round in 15 seconds.
It's black123's turn.
The game has been paused.
It's black123's turn.
black123 has left the table.
It's your turn.
You draw a card.
It's your turn.
You draw a card.
It's your turn.
You draw a card.
It's your turn.
Round #2. gfriha shuffles the cards and deals 7 to each player.

22. Aminiel,

Hello,

I have made a few adjustments in today's hupdate. Could you tell me if slowness and crash in uno are going better or worse ?
It seems like problems occur more often when the timer is active, do you confirm ?

Thank you for posting an history about Nikola's bug. Thank to your indications, I have finally been able to reproduce it. It isn't yet fixed, though. This will be for next time.

23. gfriha,

Yes, it happens more with the timmer. Sure, I’ll pay attention when I play this weekend

23 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Retour à la liste des sujets

Répondre au sujet

Vous devez être connecté pour pouvoir poster.

Mot de passe perdu ? Créer un compte