Poker bugs and improvements

7 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Retour à la liste des sujets

Score: +0

1. Mr.Superman,

I and a number of my friends play poker on QC regularly. We often have groups of 12-18 players on nightly, and this post is to detail issues we have noticed while playing, as well as improvements we would like to see incorporated in to future updates.

Flush bug: With 4 or 5 cards of the same suit on the table, the winner is regularly decided by which player has the higher kicker (second card not involved in the flush) instead of the player with the highest card involved in the flush, as it should be.
All in bug: If 2 or more people go all in in the same round, players calling after the second (or last) all in are only required to pay the amount of the second (or last) all in, instead of the total value of the highest all in.
Chip distribution bug: Unfortunately I have not detected a pattern with this one, but when dealing with all ins, players are regularly awarded chips based on the order players went all in, instead of the better hands. This bug also protects the first player to have gone all in.

Algorithmic issues:
If one player has a pocket pair (2 of the same card), it is virtually a guarantee that others in the hand have a pocket pair as well. I, and the team of players regularly playing with me, have noticed hands where up to 5 of 8 participants have a pocket pair, which is nearly impossible with real cards. We have also seen multiple hands with 2 players having the same pocket parir; for example, 2 players being dealt pocket aces meaning that all four aces in the deck have been dealt.
Players are regularly dealt the same 2 cards 2 rounds or more in a row.
Player A is regularly dealt the same 2 cards Player B had the round previous.

Feature improvements:
Automatic fold: The ability to press a keystroke to automatically fold your hand at the start of a round, instead of having to wait your turn. This way players can run to take a break with out making others wait for them to return or for thinking time to expire.
Reading order when pressing H key: When pressing the H key currently, you are read a list of all players that have folded, and then a list of players still in the round. We would like to have this reversed, as the information regarding who is still in the hand is more important and the list takes a long time to read in the current format.
Pause blind timer when saving table: Currently when saving a table, the blinds continue to raise by the time interval specified at the start of a game. We would like for the blinds timer not to move when the table is saved.

These are all of the issues and improvements I and my friends have noticed. If anyone has anything I have missed, please feel free to add your thoughts in the replies.

2. sopralto,

Hello, I also play these poker games, and all of these things would be great improvements. The all in problems and the flush bug are particularly problematic, as they are changing the outcomes of the games, and real poker games are not played this way. A suggestion for a key to automatically fold one's hand would be pressing f twice quickly. You could do this at the beginning of a hand, so that, on your turn, you will fold without having to sit at the keyboard and press F. Also, if one person needed to step away for a few minutes, involving multiple hands, there could be a key stroke to set away status so that each hand would be folded automatically without the other players having to wait 20 seconds. It would also be great to have a key which opened a menu for seeing each player's stack. This would make it easier when we want to see one specific player's stack. Right now, we have to press Shift S and wait through the list. This is not efficient when there are 15 people playing, and we need to get information quickly. IF we could press a key that opened a menu, and then arrow through the players, that would be wonderful. Lastly, it would be useful to have a key stroke stating who is small and large blind; this is useful for determining position in the middle of a hand. My suggestion for this key is z. Pressing z would announce, for example, "small blind Sopralto, large blind Slick." Thank yu very much for considering these improvements. WE enjoy playing poker here and want to see it become the best that it can
be!

3. Bupster,

I agree with all of these changes. Would it also be possible to limit the number of participants of each table to 10 players or at least to make that configurable? Back to one of the bugs mentioned before, I personally got the same cards 3 hands in a row. It seems as though cards need to be much more random than they are now.

4. tree-tree,

I totally agree with all of these changes that are suggested. I love playing poker, and the changes would be a great improvement.

5. Razorback,

I totally agree with all of the changes that have been suggested, with one modification. With regard to the information given by the H key, instead of having the information reversed, I suggest that we only be given the players who remain in the hand. We really don't need to hear who has folded. We definitely need a key for folding early in a hand, as well as a key, such as the z key, to tell us which players represent the large and small blinds. And, the bug involving how flushes are awarded and the betting are essential fixes. The number of people who play poker has increased significantly, so these changes would be appreciated by many.

6. Aminiel,

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

About show down, hand counting and chip distribution bugs, do you have examples in order to make it clear ?
I'm not sure to well understand what's the problem is exactly.

About random, is this problem quite recent, or more older ?
Was it already present before the update of 1st of April 2022 ?

For suggestions, I'll think about them.
However, I remember for the H key that someone requested to reverse it some years ago, and so it is today. Maybe there should be two distinct keys to get the list of in and folded players instead of just one giving both information.

7. Mr.Superman,

Thanks for the reply Aminiel. for the showdown and flush bugs, I do not have a ready example but I will save history next time I see them. I like your idea of splitting the H key in to two separate keys, that should work fine. For the random issues, yes this was present prior to the update as well. If you believe we can be helpful to diagnose the problem, let me know what you need and I will keep track. Maybe I can save history for a few games and scrape all the hands to excel so you can see them?

7 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Retour à la liste des sujets

Répondre au sujet

Vous devez être connecté pour pouvoir poster.

Mot de passe perdu ? Créer un compte