Question about screen-readers

15 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Retour à la liste des sujets

Score: +0

1. helleon,

Can someone tell me how I can stop Windows SAPI or Narrator or something kicking in when I start a programme that is self-voicing without a screen-reader i.e. RS Games? What I mean is, it doesn't seem to recognise that JAWS is already on so I do not need another screen-reader activated. Can someone help?
Edit: Just to clarify, the two screen-readers do not work in tandem. JAWS gets disabled when any of these programmes are opened.

Dernière édition par helleon, 20.04.2020 17:01

2. Minionslayer,

Odd, has this always happened? Maybe try using NVDA, I know that works.

3. helleon,

I'd prefer to keep using what I'm using. Worked fine before, but since I got my computer cleaned up a bit and upgraded to Windows 10, when I use RS Games or anything that is capable of using SAPI, JAWS keeps working, but so does the programme voice.

4. Alan1003,

Just use the sapi or the narater or what ever the celf voicing is.

5. helleon,

I would, but it's far too slow.

6. Alan1003,

I agree on that one.

7. Naday,

Well I think you can set the speed on the narrator settings, maybe that helps.

8. Alan1003,

No It's too laggy.

9. phoenix009,

Dude, seriously!

You want to use Narrator, do not want to switch to a more full-fledged screen-reader [not that Narrator is so bad, but it is still not full-fledged], and then you are complaining about SAPI being laggy?

Didn't you, uh, learn that while using narrator?

SAPI is not the best speech API out there, to be a bit more nice, I wouldn't rely on it.

It woould be better for you to switch to a more full-fledged screen-reader, like NVDA or JAWS. That way, you'll get help in RS but also in many other apps such as edge, not that I use it, and generally have a better experience.

10. Nikola,

If you read the first post carefully before jumping to such conclusions, you would notice that he is in fact using Jaws. The issue is that it isn't being detected by programs such as RS games and instead Sapi starts speaking. I'm not entirely sure however what caused this. Have you tried reinstalling Jaws? There might be a specific file which you can register to fix this, but as I am not a Jaws user someone else would have to clarify that.

11. Alan1003,

Still I hate narater, sapi, booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

12. Nikola,

It would be nice to stop posting such spammy posts that say nothing. Also, I would like to clarify something. Narrator and Sapi are not the same thing. In Windows 10, Narrator does not even use Sapi voices by default, but instead Windows one core synthesizer which is a lot more responsive than Sapi and can be used with NVDA and Jaws as well. So in this instance, the issue has nothing to do with Narrator, simply with apps using Sapi due to no detected screen reader.

13. Alan1003,

Hey, I still got NVDA!

14. phoenix009,

Firstly, I am sorry for misjudging the first post.

I realize it is my mistake and I shouldn't've jumped to conclusions.

Secondly, yes, you can use Windows 1 core with nvda, and it is much more responsive than SAPI, but to get the best experience, you should use Eloquence or Vocalizer.

15. Alan1003,

I like vocoliser but always no demo.

15 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Retour à la liste des sujets

Répondre au sujet

Vous devez être connecté pour pouvoir poster.