Starting a Teamtalk server

16 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Retour à la liste des sujets

Score: +0

1. supanut2000,

Hi all,
Lately I've been thinking of starting my own Teamtalk server. Can anyone recommend a hosting provider that offers Teamtalk server hosting? I'm not that experience enough to create my own server...

2. Sajad-Aliraqi,

gabdillon.com

3. supanut2000,

I tried pasting that address into Firefox and it says server not found.

4. eathan,

jc-hosting.me

5. supanut2000,

Thanks, jc-hosting.me sounds indeed really attractive, especially the fact that there is a free option for a Teamtalk server. I just signed up for one.

6. Stealthy,

I strongly agree with jc hosting because of how long they take to respond and also their many server problems, but him/her to their onw.

7. Nikola,

I suppose you meant to say disagree, but the short answer to that is you get what you pay for. I don't understand why everyone needs their own TT server creating 50 servers with 4 people in them, but that's another topic.

8. eathan,

The simple answer would be is that a person might just want one to hang out with there Friends without having to worry about being spammed
I mean the plain fact about private TeamTalk server is is that exact word. Private. If you open it up to too much you could run into the risk of having people come on who do spam.
well I'm not disagreeing with you that like four people seems like a very few for TeamTalk server, I will say that you do need to be careful who you allow on there. Obviously you can't trust everyone. So I guess it's just about trying to be in a more private place, while also being careful.

9. supanut2000,

As someone mentioned eearlier that jc-hosting takes a long time to reply, I have to agree. Been waiting for around 2 days now and yet no reply.
Any other option for a Teamtalk server hosting?

10. Stealthy,

I believe qs hosting has teamtalk servers. And yes I menat to say disagree earlier.

11. supanut2000,

qs hosting sounds convincing indeed, but there seems to be no yearly plan or something. Plus for Teamtalk hosting there seems to be no trial period as well.

12. Stealthy,

Ifyou want complete full control over your tt server, a vps will put you in complete control.
I'd recommend that as your last resort though.

13. supanut2000,

A VPS would be quite expensive, isn't it?

14. Stealthy,

Not really, only 5 dollars a month.

15. supanut2000,

I see. But in order to get Teamtalk server up and running with this method, you'd have to be able to remote into the VPS, and since I don't know how to use Linux, that VPS must be a Windows VPS, isn't it?

16. Stealthy,

If you don't know linux then you need a much more expensive vps.

16 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Retour à la liste des sujets

Répondre au sujet

Vous devez être connecté pour pouvoir poster.