Playroom world cup, December game poll now available (terminato)

53 messaggi, 2 pagine:  12 ↖ Torna alla lista degli argomenti

Punteggio: +51

31. Nikola,

Hello everyone,
thank you for your votes and participation so far.

First of all, as usual, the March poll is now available and you can vote for the next game.

Regarding the time poll, the votes were very close, with only 2 votes making a difference.
Thus, to accomodate as many people as possible, what we will do is rotate the time each 3 months, in the hope that this will allow as many people to participate as possible. So, in March we will continue with the 6PM CET Ttime, but in April, May and June, we will move it to 3 PM CET, and keep that pattern going until the end of the competition.

The February tournament was won by WaterWave representing Iran, but more about that a little later in the other topic.
The rankings also haven't been updated yet, this will also be done soon.

Best wishes, and hoping to see you again in March.

Punteggio: +2

Ultima edizione da Nikola, 26.02.2023 20:34:12

32. Jatayu,

Very little people want reversi. :((

Punteggio: +0

33. ibraheemmohsen,

battleship just 1.

34. Nikola,

@MisterKaaminari Yeah, sadly, in my opinion, a board game will never win the poll.

I'll talk a bit more about that once the competition is over, but there are already some quite important lessons learned for the next one, if it is organized again.
Namely, I don't believe it is a good idea to do a poll like this, and rather, instead have about 3 to 4 games of the same category, but change the category every 2/3 months.
At the same time, there are a few issues with that approach as well, something that comes to mind is that we don't have as many dice games for that, for example, and also perhaps even more important, it may be very difficult to gather the needed amount of players for certain games in order to have an optimal tournament.

Punteggio: +1

35. sky360,

well at least enter spamming farkle isn't winning. thank goodness.

36. chan,

want few more votes for cribbage.

37. balakrishnan ,

harts are ducks at new board

38. Nikola,

Hello all,
after another successful tournament, we finished the first quarter of the world cup!

The rankings for this month will soon be updated, but for now, as usual, another poll awaits your input. Choose the game for the last weekend of April.

Thank you for your participation.

39. chan,

hope we can play cribbage next month.

40. Nikola,

Hello all,
as usual, we are moving to the May game poll.

The first third of the world cup is complete, and the ranking has just been updated as well. While there was no change regarding the leader yet, significant changes nevertheless happened thanks to the Cribbage tournament which just concluded and was won by Vietnam, which just jumped from its previous 9th place, to the 3rd. Congratulations.

Make sure to vote for the next game, and see you again in May.

Thanks for your participation.

Ultima edizione da Nikola, 30.04.2023 16:44:08

41. aayushi,

can we have a 1000 miles tournament?

Punteggio: -1

42. golden,

what is this? Go,. 0 (0%) check box not checked 6 of 13

43. Nikola,

@Golden A board game, in the list of games located right above Barbu and below Duck racing.

44. GeorgeWu,

Hopefully we can play quiz party at some point in the World Cup.

45. Nikola,

Hello all,
as usual, the ranking has been updated for June, and there is a new poll you can vote on for the next month.

We have now finished the first half of the world cup. Let's make the second one just as exciting!

46. kaiba,

I really hope there is a tournament this month on Shut the boxes

47. GeorgeWu,

That will be nice

48. GeorgeWu,

23 people Voted for shut the boxes and 25 people voted for golf. we Just have to wait and see what will happen. I personally voted for shut the box.
What made you caim up with the idea for the playroom World Cup?
Well done Organizing it it and thanks.

Ultima edizione da GeorgeWu, 09.12.2023 23:18:29

49. Emerald,

Lol battle of the games there.

50. Nikola,

@GeorgeWu The votes are anonymous for a reason. Please don't mention what you voted for before the poll is closed.

Otherwise, thanks for the support. I'll probably talk more about the ideas, and give a little more statistics/information when we finish our last tournament.

51. aayushi,

I think golf would be tricky to have because its a new game. I think many people are still learning to master it. I think the games we know well like will be best or other trick tacking games like 1000 which is similar to jass or other games will be good or 5s and 3s would be good if we want to include new games. But golf is quite different from all of them and people need to learn it properly. Pleaze share your thoughts on this idea. Thank you.

Punteggio: -2

52. Aminiel,

Hello,

I don't want to influence the survey, but a tournament is a good occasion to learn a new game and test your strategy. In fact, probably that chances to win are better balanced because no one has yet found a definitive strategy, nor necessarily understood all subleties of the game. In other words, chances to win are probably higher when everybody is a beginner.

After the end of this last session, as admin, I would as well be interested about your thoughts, and if you would start it over again next year. I have never participated, but I have the impression that it has been globally well received, and well organized.

53. aayushi,

Just a thought to add new games next time whenever we have another tournament. Its good we can consider it.

53 messaggi, 2 pagine:  12 ↖ Torna alla lista degli argomenti

Rispondere all'argomento

Devi aver loggato per postare.

Password dimenticata ? Crea un account