Cribbage tournament, 3 PM CET, Groups draw now available, April Playroom world cup edition (terminato)

35 messaggi, 2 pagine:  1 2 ↖ Torna alla lista degli argomenti

Punteggio: +4

1. Nikola,

Hello all,
welcome to the April world cup tournament!

As you are probably aware, this time, the winner is Cribbage.

Important: keep in mind that for this tournament, the time is changing. We are now playing at 3 PM (CET time), so keep this in mind before signing up. This will continue for three months.

The tournament will start on April 29th, at 3 PM central European time. If you are not sure what time this is in your country, either ask me, or visit this link.

We will play with mugging activated, and a time limit of 30 seconds.

Just like for most other tournaments, we will have a group stage, and on the second day a knockout stage, but all games will be 1 V 1. As usual, more info about the exact numbers will be given after the registration closes, which will be on Thursday, April 27th.
We will play the group stage with the default score limit of 121. In the knockout stage, we will increase it to 171, and the final game will be played up to 221 points.

Once again a reminder, to register, write a message in this topic and mention the country you are coming from, either here or privately to me. As a reminder, we will try to accept registrations in such a way as to not have a huge amount of players from one country compared to all the others, so make sure to register quickly. Players who register first from a given country always have the priority, in case that country receives a large number of registered players.

Thank you in advance for your participation, and best of luck to everybody!

Groups draw:

Group 1:

1. Vojvoda,
  2. Pj64,
  3. Epic_Krrish,
  4. Caoimhe

Group 2:

1. El-Vis,
  2. Nikola,
  3. Golden,
  4. GodSaveTheQueen

Group 3:

1. Cristina,
  2. Blaise,
  3. Angelina-princess,
  4. WaterWave

Group 4:

1. Sky360,
  2. Unolover,
  3. SteveColmanAndFiveElements,
  4. Adventure-Time

Punteggio: +2

Ultima edizione da Nikola, 15.04.2023 01:15:56

2. blaise97,

hello,
please count me for canada, thanks.
Blaise

Punteggio: +1

3. Negaar,

Please count me in, I'll be Representing iran

4. GodSaveTheQueen,

Please count me in for Nauru.

5. chan,

Count me in! representing India.

Punteggio: +0

6. sky360,

Hello, please count me from India as well, I would like to try one last time before giving chance to my other countrymates who I know are a lot in number.

7. unolover,

count me fore belgum

8. Caoimhe,

Count me in for Ukraine.

9. cristina ,

Hello, please count me in for Romania!

10. golden,

please count me in for Pakistan

11. Vojvoda,

Let's go Switzerland

12. Bavarezi,

Put me, I am Albanian.

13. GeorgeWu,

@unolover I would check my spelling mistakes first before sending it to publicly, i'm just saying if I was you.

Punteggio: -3

14. M_A_G_A,

If you really want to make this tournament fair, There needs to be at least a 30 second thinking time limit. People can go to https://www.cribbagepro.net/cribbage-scorer.html in the middle of the tournament and literally score their hand. I'll join if there's a time limit implemented and represent the United States. If not, then have fun.

Punteggio: -1

15. Nikola,

Hello,
to be completely honest, for myself, I am definitely in favour of a time limit. However, the last time we had a time limit, the majority didn't like it, so that's why I decided against it this time.

As usual, what do people think, especially those who already signed up? Would you still keep your registration if we added the time limit as mentioned?

It's also worth noting however that this time limit wouldn't prevent cheating in any way. The nature of Cribbage is simply such that if you really wanted to play like this, nothing prevents you from counting your hand during the playing phase, where you have unlimited time and simply remembering the score for the later counting phase.

16. GodSaveTheQueen,

I would also like a time limit, thanks

17. Caoimhe,

+ for time limit

18. prabhu,

register me at least in waiting list just because there is no time limit

19. Angelina-princess,

I agree about setting a time limit!.

20. prabhu,

india india

21. chan,

sure, time limit would be fine.

22. Adventure-Time,

Please put me in the crib, I hope I can score some points for Czechia. Playing with a time limit would be very nice as far as I'm concerned.

23. Negaar,

I also prefer time limit

Ultima edizione da Negaar, 16.04.2023 10:37:23

24. golden,

sure i think 30 seconds time limit will be best.

25. Vojvoda,

Yes time limit please

26. Pj64,

Count me in from Canada. Not crazy about a time limit myself but its hardly a deal breaker for me.

27. Nikola,

Hello all,
thank you for your feedback.

As I see most players don't mind it, the time limit will be enabled, and set to 30 seconds as suggested.

Thanks for registering, and keep adding your names.

28. cristina ,

Time limit for cribbage is ok, but for 99 it has been awfull.
30 seconds seem to be decent.

29. Epic_Krrish,

Please put me in also, Fiji.

30. mohammed_albasha,

hi , pleas count me from Egypt

35 messaggi, 2 pagine:  1 2 ↖ Torna alla lista degli argomenti

Rispondere all'argomento

Devi aver loggato per postare.

Password dimenticata ? Crea un account