Special Playroom anniversary tournament: Congratulations to Ryo-bee, Mz_Rogo! (terminato)

27 messaggi, 1 pagine:  1 ↖ Torna alla lista degli argomenti

Punteggio: +11

1. Nikola,

Hello all,
on September 8th, the Playroom celebrates its 13th anniversary. To celebrate this event, we'll do a special kind of tournament. This tournament will last for 3 days, from Friday September 8th, until Sunday, September 10th.

Unlike the usual Playroom tournaments, here, we will play 3 different games, one game per day.

First, on Friday, we will play, as far as I know, the first game invented by our developer, Scientific war.
On Saturday, we'll play probably the most successful game out of these three, Duck racing.
On Sunday, we'll all just have a party and press enter as much as we want to, or until our keyboards break.

These three games all have one thing in common, they were invented, or at least conceptualized in some cases by the developer of the Playroom, and so are a great fit for the anniversary tournament, and they will help us to keep a common theme.

Of course, when signing up on the forum, you can feel free to register for just one, two, or why not, all three days. Just mention this in your registration post. If you do not mention this and just register without this information, you will be assumed to take part in all three tournaments. However, this isn't so strict and shouldn't be such a problem even if you can't show up, you will see why below.
Unlike all my previous tournaments, there will also be a free table 1 hour before we start each tournament. You can join there to have some fun, but also to just register for a given tournament. This will also give a chance to test out an experiment, and see if we will get any significant amount of players who do not read or follow the forum. While forum registrations will have the priority, the idea is to try to include as many people as possible.

Keep in mind that since each tournament has to be finished in one day, there will be no groups, or anything like that. We'll instead prefer bigger games with a large amount of people. Note also that this tournament is primarily for fun, and it's possible that before we start, there could be slight format changes, depending on the agreement between players.
For Duck racing, the idea is to hold larger games, and have 2 or 3 games for each winning participant, depending on the number of players.
For Scientific war, we'll probably hold games with 2 players, but this will straight away be an eliminations format.
For the press enter, we'll probably again have larger tables with more players.

Every tournament will start at 4 PM CET. If you have absolutely no clue what time that is for you, this may help. The free table will of course be created at 3 PM, but you aren't strictly required to join, if you have already registered, just make sure to be there by 4 PM.

As a last note, I have absolutely no idea if a potential anniversary update is planned. In case it is, and something goes horribly wrong including the server being infected with zombies or the Ducks losing their minds (translation: Major bugs), we'll delay the tournament until the situation is stable again.

Good luck to everyone, and looking forward to seeing you all on Friday!

Punteggio: +1

Ultima edizione da Nikola, 09.09.2023 18:42:35

2. Negaar,

looks like we're going to have a fun party, Please Count me for duck racing and the ultimate press enter.

Punteggio: +0

3. blaise97,

hello,
count me for all days, thank you.

4. Aminiel,

Hello,

No special anniversary update is currently planed during that week-end.

However, just in case, you have forgotten the eternal second in your list of games partially or mostly invented by myself.

I'm actually partially absent, so I won't register. Sorry.

In any case, I find the idea quite cool.
Have fun !

Punteggio: +2

Ultima edizione da Aminiel, 29.08.2023 06:05:17

5. cristina ,

I agree, the game mentioned by Aminiel (the eternal second) would be better than the third one you proposed.

6. Nikola,

Hello,
I didn't forget, and I personally agree that it would be better than Press Enter. However, almost nobody plays The eternal second. Its statistics clearly show this, so I was sure that this would be a complete failure. However, if there is clear interest, we can probably arrange something on the last day while at the free table. So, The Eternal second fans, make sure to organize well and be there, and maybe we can play it as the "second" game of that last day.

7. Ryo-Bee,

Count me for Scientific War. I've been waiting!

8. rockstar2013,

Hi all,
Please count me in for all the three days.

9. aims,

count me in for ducks

10. unolover,

count me fore all

11. redbox,

Count me in for duck racing.

12. Mohammedradwan2003,

Count me for duck racing and the press enter game.

13. KittyCat15,

Count me in for ducks please

14. prabhu,

i will join the party for all games

15. Nikola,

Hello,
this is a reminder that we are starting the tournament today, at 4 PM CET, with a free table 1 hour earlier as described. There is still enough time to register, especially for the first tournament, but for all the other ones as well.

Good luck and see you a little later!

16. cristina ,

Please cont me in for the Scientific war. Thanks!

17. Nikola,

Hi all,
we have just finished the first tournament of the weekend, Scientific war.

Huge congratulations to our first winner, Ryo-Bee, who defeated Quintin-C in the final game. It was great to see this exciting game, and, especially considering the fact this game is not played as often as it deserves to be, it was also a nice reminder of the strategic value it provides. Well done.

Reminder, tomorrow, we are playing Duck racing, at exactly the same time. See you then and looking forward to another exciting competition!

18. Naday,

Congratulations Friend.

19. Nikola,

Hello all,
we have now completed the second tournament.

Let's congratulate the champion of the Duck racing anniversary tournament, Mz_Rogo! Well done on winning the final game against Naday, protecting the duck with an umbrella, oh no, that's the wrong game... In this one, this duck was the fastest, and deserves some rest. Congratulations once again, and hoping to see you all in our future tournaments!

Important information: The press enter tournament is slightly delayed. Originally planned to start at 4 PM, it will instead start at 6 PM because I am unfortunately not at home during the original planned time. So, adjust your reminders for 2 hours later, and of course, with a free table at 5 PM. The link in the first post was also updated, in case anybody needs to check their timezones again.

20. Negaar,

congratulations to you Mz_Rogo.

21. GeorgeWu,

Count me in for the press enter game.
thanks.

22. Negaar,

Hello. I won't be playing today, good luck.

23. prabhu,

please cancel my registration for today too,

24. Nikola,

Hello all,
the anniversary tournament has now concluded.

This time, we have a double champion!
Congratulations to Mz_Rogo, who won both the Duck racing tournament yesterday, as well as the Press enter tournament today. While we were debating whether the game was already supposed to be over or not, two determined people waited long enough to outsmart each other and finally win a huge number of over 300 points for the last enter press of the game! Here is the complete game score:

Mz_Rogo: 778.
Nikola: 416.
mystified_meutwo: 293.
GeorgeWu: 271.
esialb97: 32.
rockstar2013: 21.
flying_dragon: 0.
Mohammedradwan2003: 0.

Thank you all for playing, and hopefully we do something similar next time, maybe with a completely different and even more unique game!

To conclude, our list of champions, as a final reminder and a congratulations to them:

1. Ryo-Bee, Scientific war,
  2. Mz_Rogo, Duck racing,
  3. Mz_Rogo, Press Enter.

Ultima edizione da Nikola, 10.09.2023 19:03:59

25. GeorgeWu,

Congrats. Glad I'm not last for the press enter game.

26. aayushi,

me for duck racing thanks I think am good with that game

Punteggio: -4

27. Naday,

Aayushi you should consider reading before posting anything else. Else, congrats to both of the winners, and thanks @Nikola for such a fun tournament

Punteggio: +3

Ultima edizione da Naday, 11.09.2023 19:24:28

27 messaggi, 1 pagine:  1 ↖ Torna alla lista degli argomenti

Rispondere all'argomento

Devi aver loggato per postare.

Password dimenticata ? Crea un account