Golf tournament - congratulations to Golden - Playroom World cup last tournament (terminato)

23 messaggi, 1 pagine:  1 ↖ Torna alla lista degli argomenti

Punteggio: +3

1. Nikola,

Hello all,
it is time to finish the World Cup with the last tournament!
To finish off, we will put some cards on our boards, and attempt to neatly arrange them. We're playing Golf!
We're playing at our usual, 3 PM CET time.
We will play 1 V 1 games, but there will be one specific feature of this tournament. Following the group stage, for the knockout stage, we will not only increase the score limit, but also change to a bigger board of cards.
Make sure that you are familiar with 6, 8 and 12 cards on your board, since we will be using them for the tournament.
The tournament will start on December 30th, at 3 PM central European time. If you are not sure what time this is in your country, either ask me, or visit this link.

In the group stage, the score limit will be 100 points, with the 6 cards board. The score will go up to 125 for the knockout round and the board goes up to 8 cards, while the final match will be played up to 150 points and a 12 cards board.
The registration will, as usual, close on Thursday, 28th of December.

Once again a reminder, to register, write a message in this topic and mention the country you are coming from, either here or privately to me. If you have registered in the past, there is no need to mention your country, since it will be the same as the last time. As a reminder, we will try to accept registrations in such a way as to not have a huge amount of players from one country compared to all the others, so make sure to register quickly. Players who register first from a given country always have the priority, in case that country receives a large number of registered players. Due to the limited number of players, this is typically two players at most per one country.

Good luck to everyone! Time to help your country get the best possible ranking!

Draw:

Group 1:

1. prabhu,
  2. Slavista,
  3. Negaar,
  4. GodSaveTheQueen

Group 2:

1. Blaise,
  2. Caoimhe,
  3. Golden,
  4. mohitarya

Punteggio: +1

Ultima edizione da Nikola, 28.12.2023 20:59:53

2. Caoimhe,

Fine. Count me in.

Punteggio: +0

3. Negaar,

Please count me in. Thanks.

4. GodSaveTheQueen,

count me in please and thank you muchly

5. Slavista,

Hello, count me in please, i'll be glad to represent the Czech republic

6. blaise97,

hello,
count me in of course, thanks.

7. prabhu,

i will play from india

8. mohitarya,

count me in. ,
I am also from india

9. Mohammedradwan2003,

Sure. I'm in.

10. Rincewind,

Count me if there's a spot still from India

11. black.cat,

hy count me I am from south Africa

12. golden,

count me in

13. aayushi,

I will sign up fron India

14. Nikola,

Hello all,
hopefully, you didn't forget that you registered here and are ready to play.

As usual, here is our tournament draw.
This time, excluding the countries which sadly cannot accept more registrations for this tournament, we got 10 valid registrations. If the World cup is organized again, I will discuss some attempts to solve that problem for the future, but more on that in the World cup conclusion post which will be written after the last tournament.
As expected, the number is somewhat lower, probably due to the fact people are going to be busy with other holiday activities, but hopefully we will still have fun.

For the tournament, we took 8 players, and 2 will be on the standby list (in case it's needed, there are a few more standby players off the forum).

8 players will be divided into 2 groups of 4, playing a match against everybody in their group. Thus, each player will have 3 group matches to play.
After this, the two best players will advance to the semifinals.

In case of multiple people with the same amount of wins in a group, the one with the lower total amount of points will advance.

Reminder: The group stage is player on a 6 cards board, and with the score limit of 100 points.

Without further pointless rambling, here is the draw:

Group 1:

1. prabhu,
  2. Slavista,
  3. Negaar,
  4. GodSaveTheQueen

Group 2:

1. Blaise,
  2. Caoimhe,
  3. Golden,
  4. mohitarya

Good luck!

15. Nikola,

Hello all,
the semifinals are ready! Make sure to join us tomorrow at the same time, to remember that the semifinal is played on an 8 cards board, and that the score limit is 125 points.

Here are the two matches:

1. Golden VS Slavista,
  2. Nikola VS Negaar.

Thanks also to everybody who didn't show up, but informed me well in advance, so that the replacing process could be easier.

Best of luck in the rest of the tournament!

Ultima edizione da Nikola, 30.12.2023 19:51:23

16. Emerald,

What if you accept people with with no limit but have them alternate between rounds. So if there’s three rounds, have a team of that country and they can nominate who plays that round. Like a joint effort. Idk it’s thought of this.

17. Nikola,

Hello,
this is just to point out a small mistake, in case people don't see the edited post on time, although the relevant tournament participants have already privately been notified.

Due to a small error on my side when reformatting the received scores, it was indicated that GodSaveTheQueen advanced to the semifinals, but the correct person advancing was Slavista.
Sorry for that mistake, and as said above, Slavista was already notified and will be present tomorrow. Thanks also to the group for quickly pointing out this mistake.

We're clearly getting a little tired after 11 tournaments :P

@ Emerald as said, I will talk a little about this in the conclusion post tomorrow, but the plan is probably to hold some kind of qualifications. For instance, as India often receives at least 4 or more people, they can hold a kind of qualifications mini tournament on Friday, with the best 2 moving on to the main tournament on Saturday. It gives everybody a chance to play, and at the same time prevents the original problem of having, for instance, 6 people from one country but only 1 from another.

Anyway, I am not sure yet if we will redo this right away next year, but we will see. Input from other users will of course always be welcome.

18. prabhu,

if we are organising this the next year also, my suggestion would be that, each person from one country will have option to enrol only twice in the tournament, they may register again and again, but they will be automatically moved to waiting list and if no one enrols from that country, they will have possibility to play again. similarly, if they win the game for that month, they will have two more additional enrolments and if they go to final, they will have only one additional enrolment

Punteggio: -1

19. Nikola,

Hello,
it's time to congratulate the winner of the Golf tournament, Golden!

Bringing a huge boost to Pakistan,Golden defeated Negaar in the final.
With both players being undefeated until the final game, it was guaranteed to be a good match, and it definitely delivered. To everybody who spectated, you were able to enjoy a fun, back and forth game of Golf.

Finally, the scores were:
golden: 112.
Negaar: 150.

Don't forget to read the Playroom World cup conclusion topic.

Thanks for participating!

Punteggio: +2

20. GeorgeWu,

Well done.

21. abhishek,

congratulations to golden sister, you have given fantastic performance.
and also congratulations to nikola, for conducting worldcup successfully.
only due to you, we enjoied such best event

22. Emerald,

WELL DONE GOLDEN. AND THANK YOU NIKOLA FOR ORGANISING ALL THIS FOR US AND PROVIDING FUN THROUGHOUT.

23. Slavista,

Congrats Golden, good job... And lets also congrat to Negaar, also good job, undefeated till the finals, it means something.

23 messaggi, 1 pagine:  1 ↖ Torna alla lista degli argomenti

Rispondere all'argomento

Devi aver loggato per postare.

Password dimenticata ? Crea un account