Translation issues continued

16 messaggi, 1 pagine:  1 ↖ Torna alla lista degli argomenti

Punteggio: +0

1. greenstone,

Hi, i started a new topic since i could not continue the previous translation topic since last message belonged to me. So, we wonder is there any news about translating playroom? We want to translate the playroom into Turkish but we could not do it because it does not support unicode encoding. Many people try to use the playroom by creating jaws jdf files, which is a very complicated thing and slows the pc down.

2. Aminiel,

Things are progressing. The spanish translation has greatly improved in the last few weeks, and the italian translation is complete. We are investigating for portuguese and german, because we know that there are a lot of portuguese people (especially from brazil)

3. greenstone,

Hi, thanks for the answer. What about the other languages which include special encoding like turkish? By the way, many people ask about a build-in google translator in the playrom like on pontes backgamon. i mean, can user messages be translated via google translate automatically to the chosen language?

4. Aminiel,

For auto google translate, the answer is no.

First of all, the quality of a google translation is generally quite bad, and I think that's not a good idea to lower the litterary level because of that. I think that's a bad idea for native english speakers, and for native speakers of any other possibly translatable language.

Secondly, automated queries aren't allowed by google. In theory, you have to pay for accessing their pro API if you want to be able to make automated queries. Free quotas, if they still exists (I think they no longer exist) would certainly not suffice.

5. greenstone,

Hello, thanks for the reply. There are a lot of Turkish users who play on Playroom, so a turkish translation is necessary. i understand the problem about google translation, a few friends demanded it, so i wanted to share it here.
Secondly, sometimes things go worse on playroom, i mean, people choose rude or slang nicknames or write annoying or slang messages to each other. Can anything be done at least for this? for example you can set an admin to stop these kind of behaviours.

6. Aminiel,

For rude nicknames, yes, of course. Use F2 to signal it, or send us a mail. Same for spam, insults and other bad behaviors.

Infortunately, we don't know english very well, and we aren't always there, so it's often hard to understand what's going on quickly and to make the appropriate decision on time. Often we arrive too late and in that case we can't do anything. Please always send us your logs by mail to confirm what you are saying about someone else.

7. greenstone,

Hi, ok, thanks a lot. BTW, i've read that Beta Cycle for v2.0 will start very soon. i wish to remind you not to forget to add the Turkish board for monopoli please. And secondly, i have seen that utf-8 support will be available with this version, so we want to translate the game into Turkish, what should we do for this?
i should also add that, i do not know French, i want to translate from english to Turkish.

Ultima edizione da greenstone, 14.02.2013 10:11:04

8. Soulero ,

Hello,

I'm a Turkish. I want to translate Playroom for Turkish. Please sent to translation files in to ozancankaratas96@outlook.com e-mail address. Thanks...

9. aravis,

isn't turkish translation already here? i've always seen it in the list of languages in the options menu.

10. Aminiel,

isn't turkish translation already here? i've always seen it in the list of languages in the options menu.

NO. It started some time ago but it isn't finished. Since a quite long time now, we don't have any news on how it is going. So it stays in the not ready state.

You see it in the menus because you are translator, and translators see all languages in progress.

11. Rouslan-rus,

Hi all and admins first of all!
I am suggesting again to try to translate into russian, if you don't mind certainly.
As I noticed no translation has been done in new version of playroom.
If it's not possible, sorry for disturbing.
Good luck and thank you for your work.

12. Aminiel,

Russian is also in progress, and incidentally, made by aravis, the person just above. I don't know the status of this translation now. Same thing for albanian, I don't know where it is now and that's why it doesn't appear yet.

13. aravis,

yes, i've done what i could, and i've already told one from the playroom team (i'm not sure if i'll violate any terms of service by exposing his username publicly on the forum), that the translation was ready to be released, but he told me he didn't have much time, so that's why i myself am waiting. just after seeing this thread i've decided to tell the news to everybody on the forum. so, in short, for my part, i've done all possible to translate the playroom, now it needs to be available to public.

14. Aminiel,

Ok, so I'll have a look in the next few days, and if everything is in order, then russian will be made available to everybody soon. I hope that there wong be any encoding issue with the cyrilic alphabet. That's something I can't really check before it's effectively running, so we'll see.

15. aravis,

i remember you asked me to write a few chat messages in russian in order to see if they are readable. well, yes, they are, and i have a huge hope that in this case the cyrillic alphabet won't be much of a problem. thanks for your time and efforts for improving the platform.

16. Aminiel,

Thank a lot to you, for translating !

I'll give you news as soon as the russian version is open.

16 messaggi, 1 pagine:  1 ↖ Torna alla lista degli argomenti

Rispondere all'argomento

Devi aver loggato per postare.

Password dimenticata ? Crea un account