Suggestion for statuses

26 messaggi, 1 pagine: 1  ↖ Torna alla lista degli argomenti

Punteggio: +0

1. Nikola-Jovic ,

Hello, I have a suggestion which is to reorganize the status message. When you press enter on change your status, and then type in some text and press OK, if it's longer than 90 characters it would be nice if playroom gave a message like, your status has x characters and the maximum number is y, please shorten your status so it has the required number of characters. And the status wouldn't be posted, instead change would be cancelled. The reason for this is that you might set a longer status without realizing it, and then either someone will tell you or you will see when you open the status text field again.

Ultima edizione da Nikola-Jovic , 17.04.2017 00:20:32

2. opusti_se ,

I support this idea, aminiel you should find some time to relax and do something about these nice suggestion people makes.

3. MuhammadHajjar,

Nicola, this is a very nice suggestion, I hope it can be made.

4. YNWA,

Perhaps you can buy him a second pair of hands for Christmas, Just an idea. I guess he would look funny with 2 pairs of hands though but never mind if it is for the good of the PR!

5. Exink,

Hello, hanyway he has said that updates like this go into the client itself; so who knows and in the next release some nice feature will be included.

Regards.

6. opusti_se ,

Relax ynwa.

7. Nikola-Jovic ,

Seriously Ynwa, what was that supposed to mean? And i don't think this requires an update of the client ro work.

8. the-raven ,

it was a joke nikola

9. Nikola-Jovic ,

Well i got it was a joke but i mean why did he post it

10. sound2,

Lol ymwa. Btw, what's wrong with a long status? I can't see the issue. I mean why would you want to change it anyway? The feature, that is.

11. Nikola-Jovic ,

Nothing is changes, please read the original post again. Have fun posting a longer status than 90 characters

12. Oana-tN,

Yah this is a nice suggestion.

13. sound2,

I have read it. Some people like having long status messages. So can't see why you'd want to change that, but it's up to the dev, if that will be implemented.

14. Dayan ,

The thing is that statuses can't actually be longer than 90 characters. So when someone updates it, or writes a new status, sometimes it is longer than those 90, so the status is not complete of course as is already in the limit. I think he wants we to get notified that we've reached that limit and the status message won't be complete, or something like that.

15. sound2,

Ah, that makes sense then. If it doesn't show properly. One can only wait and see.

16. Nikola-Jovic ,

Just to clarify, i have nothing against long statuses, but i hate putting a status and realizing it's longer than 90 characters some time later and having to adjust it later on. The playroom should simply not set it in such cases.

17. EbonyVelvet,

I don't think there should be a 90-character limit on statuses. That's too short. I really don't think there should be a limit at all, but that's just my opinion.

18. Dayan ,

Now, if it is that short only to see in which table people are, then the statuses could maybe appear after it, I mean the table name? But yes, it's too short to me. I remember when the limit was 64 characters.

19. Nikola-Jovic ,

Yes it is a bit short and moving it after the table name works, only problem then is that it will be confusing to know is it a free table topic or a status. I actually wish the status was displayed in a different way alltogether, for example when you press enter on an user in your friends list and then those who like it will read statuses, and those who don't wont. But that's a different thing alltogether, so it's better to not discuss it in this topic.

20. Sajad-Aliraqi,

I would prefer statuses to be shown after the chosen table of a certain person, and the limit could be up to 250 letters as your status will be shown above everything

21. Nikola-Jovic ,

Honestly even 140 works enough well, but this topic isn't called let's increase the status limit.

22. helleon,

I oppose the idea of being able to put a status with no limit to the amount of characters. Make it 200 characters per status maybe but unlimited might make people spam. If it were unlimited you could copy 300 pages of text from somewhere and paste it in as your status no problem.

23. balasana ,

I think the original post was to suggest some sort of alarm sound when the 90 character limit is reached. it is a nice-to-have idea.
As for the length, 90 or 140 character limit does not really make a difference. I use to cut my tweets a lot to fit the 140. After a while I got used to it. Sometimes it is harder for screen reader users to read abreviated messages though.

24. Nikola-Jovic ,

@Helleon, what exactly is the problem if you spam? People will hate you and remove you from your friends list, it's not a public chat so that you are making more problems. @Balasana, not really a sound as that will indeed require a client update, just a message telling us so.

25. Cristina ,

I think a sound would be easier to put than a warning message

26. Nikola-Jovic ,

Both are easy to do, just depends on what it requires: The sound requires a client update, which isn't so frequent, and the message I think doesn't need to, as the server can check the string send and return the message if the string is longer than 90 characters

26 messaggi, 1 pagine: 1  ↖ Torna alla lista degli argomenti

Rispondere all'argomento

Devi aver loggato per postare.