Ideas for cribbage

3 messaggi, 1 pagine:  1 ↖ Torna alla lista degli argomenti

Punteggio: +0

1. Pedigree,

Houdy,

I am a computer tech as well as an instructor for the visually impaired. My students and I really love this site.

I have some thoughts about cribbage that I'd like to share.

I've yet to show the game to my students because things are still in beta and can change.

Can there be an option put in for the scoring to be automatically kept by the computer for cribbage beginners or manually for those who have more experience with the game?

My second thought concerns the rule concerning muggins. In most of the cribbage clubs rules that I have seen, this is an optional rule. When I first learned the game years back, I hadn't even heard of it. I think that this should made an option rather than an automatic rule in the game. This would benefit the novice players.

Just my thoughts and keep up the good work here.

2. Hayden,

The issue I see here is that because the computer does not inform you of how the scoring is broken down, there is little way for a player to gain any real experience this way. Plus I'd say a good 70% of what makes cribbage cribbage is the necessity to score. That would be like playing chess with the computer monitoring for any bad moves you would make and correcting them. As for muggins, you bring up a good point, and I would like to add to that. In real cribbage, muggins is kept track of by the opponent. In other words, if you peg 5 and I see you should've pegged 10, it is then my responsibility to account for the extra five; there is nobody leaning over the table pegging your points for you in the event of a muggins. Perhaps you give the opponent one chance to peg correctly for muggins. The computer would internally keep track of the correct hand score, and the opponent would be given one chance to evaluate the hand and make any scoring changes. Should the score they enter not be correct, the hand is pegged as it was first scored and the game moves on. This way you dont' give someone infinite guesses to correct a score.

3. Exink,

"Can there be an option put in for the scoring to be automatically kept by the computer for cribbage beginners or manually for those who have more experience with the game?"

I believe if this option is enabled, many players could take advantage of that for having always right results. I think the best solution is teaching how to play this game: The first phase and the second. Last takes time to learn and I acknowledge this is a little complicated, but not impossible to explain.

In addition, I'm agree with "HaydenDP". The game doesn't tell how this score is got, and for now, the user is limited to reading the game instructions. That's it.

Just my thought.

3 messaggi, 1 pagine:  1 ↖ Torna alla lista degli argomenti

Rispondere all'argomento

Devi aver loggato per postare.

Password dimenticata ? Crea un account