General Playroom Suggestions

2 messaggi, 1 pagine:  1 ↖ Torna alla lista degli argomenti

Punteggio: +0

1. Isaac5457,

Hello, I have a suggestion to improve the web client of the playroom. In order to make the playroom less burdensome for the average user, a simplified view can be enabled for the specific account. The following is recommended for such a profile, unless specifically modified by an individual user.

1. Advanced statistics, such as average scores are hidden from the user. The statistics area will only report wins and losses.
  2. The game list should be sorted by categories (for example board, puzzle, etc).
  3. Game activity messages such as entries and exits are disabled.
  4. Advanced game functions, such as spectator mode and requesting assistance from moderators should be placed in a More Options menu.
  5. The history buffer will display only the last turn of play for all players at a table. Users should click a history button to view the full buffer.
  6. Ability to switch between standard and simplified profiles in Account settings.
  7. Thanks

Punteggio: +0

2. Nikola,

Just to let you know that you can in fact disable game entry / exit messages. From channels and views under options, choose global messages and set speech to never.
If you are a sighted user this is useless, but currently it's possible to hide them from the history only on the Windows client. I am hoping it is implemented on the web client at some point as well.

For the rest, I find it largely unnecessary. You can skip any information you aren't interested in having, and for some games for example, it makes more sense to have a highest score than number of wins and losses, like Yahtzee.
I'm not sure why any user, average or advanced would want to hide the entire history. Perhaps you find it inconvenient to read it from the history text field? If so, using page up and down together with shift to jump to the top / bottom of it is much more convenient, again, doesn't apply if you are sighted, in which case I can see why this can be an interesting suggestion.

Finally, the call a moderator function is already a part of the context menu on the web client called actions, and in fact it's normally hidden when you are playing a game, where you get only functions related to that game and need to first activate the table menu option before you can access it, which is in a way similar to what you suggest.

To conclude, my post is not supposed to be harsh in any way. While I personally find this largely pointless, you already suggested it as an optional feature anyway, so I'm not against implementing something that can help someone while it doesn't change anything for people who do not want it, I'm more interested in the reasoning behind it, since generally I find that even users who are not good with technology find Playroom quite simple and pleasant to use.

Punteggio: +1

2 messaggi, 1 pagine:  1 ↖ Torna alla lista degli argomenti

Rispondere all'argomento

Devi aver loggato per postare.

Password dimenticata ? Crea un account