New statistics, social score and forum reputation

19 messaggi, 1 pagine:  1 ↖ Torna alla lista degli argomenti

Punteggio: +15

1. Nikola,

Hello,
under our personal statistics, there seems to be a new value, social score.
I guess this system is still in development, but here is how I understand it, and ideally I would also like to report a few bugs with it. Please correct me if I am wrong:

1. Our social score increases when playing and finishing games with humans. I am not sure if this value is random, but it increased by 7 for me for some reason when playing a Belote game, but this might be caused by a bug I will report later below.
  2. Our score decreases when leaving games with humans if they are unfinished, it seems by 21, or when playing and finishing a game with a bot, by 1.
  3. Our score also decreases if a game with a human is not finished, but we get kicked from it. I am not sure what to think about this. On one hand, if I get kicked, it's not really my fault that the game is unfinished, and if someone is losing they can just kick the other person to decrease their score. On the other hand, if I am spamming or refusing to play my turn and somebody kicks me because of that, then decreasing my score is completely right.

However, assuming all written above is correct, here are some bugs:

1. The spectator mode is not taken into account at all. If I join a game with humans which is already in progress, watch a little and then leave, my score will still decrease by 21 as if I was a part of the game. This makes no sense at all so I am assuming this is just an oversight.
  2. I will probably need to test this a little more, but I think social score doesn't work well in games where people get eliminated. For example in Uno, if you get eliminated and leave, your score will decrease. This might also be the same as the spectator bug above though. In the same way, I played a game of 99 with 5 bots, and I was the first to be eliminated. After letting the game finish, my score stayed the same and didn't decrease at all. Maybe the game doesn't take other players into account if only 2 players are remaining at the end?

After these bugs are fixed, the score should probably go back to 0 for everyone. I sacrificed my score to minus 111 to test everything :)

Before concluding this post, I also want to thank you for implementing the system with forum votes/reputation, it is quite good and interesting. That one works mostly well without issues as far as I can see, except from the client, where options to vote always appear, even in your inbox, and the client tells you that a vote has been saved even if it really wasn't, for example in the inbox or if you have already voted.
It would also be good to add an option in the context menu to display the message/topic score, just like you can see on the web,, or even just display the score as a menu item without having to activate an option.

Good work and interesting ideas as always!

Punteggio: +6

2. Aminiel,

Hello,

As you have guessed, these new features are still in development, and beyond the bugs, some adjustments are needed. That's why they haven't yet been announced officially, by the way.
Resets are going to happen probably several times as adjustments are made before getting to something stable, especially the social score, so don't worry too much about it for the moment. The score related to forum seems to work already quite well and is much more probably going to stay as it is now.

IN any case, thank you for your remarks and suggestions, and happy to know that you like these new features.

Punteggio: +7

3. Aminiel,

Hello,

Some adjustments have been made in the update of this morning. The score of a post is now shown in the context menu as suggested, and you no longer have the options to vote in private messages. They weren't taken into account anyway, as votes are only in public forum.

The social score has also been reset, because quite a lot of things have changed. You no longer lose points when playing with bots. You get points when completing games with humans. You lose points when you kick someone or leave the table while a game with other humans is in progress. The more the game is advanced, the more you can win or lose points. And of course, spectators are ignored.

Punteggio: +8

4. Nikola,

Hello,
I didn't test the social score yet, but the current post/topic score in the context menu doesn't work, probably a missing string since it just says "VoteCurScore"

Maybe it's fixed in today's update, but there was another error before about the social score that I forgot to report, if you save a table of a game in progress, you and everyone else on it loses social score as if you left a game in progress. If this isn't fixed, it would be better to do nothing until the table is restored/the game is finished.

Punteggio: +4

Ultima edizione da Nikola, 25.08.2022 15:03:40

5. Aminiel,

Hello,

The thing about saving has been fixed as well.

6. Destranis,

This makes no sense though. What if I leave a game in progress due to terrible connection and then return after a few minutes when I repair everything? I'd be replaced by a bot anyway so if I go back, I'll be able to get my position. And either ways... Social score. Are we in a kind of competition in which if you have a low score, you must be a horrible person? This reminds me of Black Mirror tbh.

Punteggio: -1

7. Snake_Eyes,

Hi there,
I think I understand what you mean, but there's no need to worry too much about it and take it too seriously. The point of this feature is to use it as a guide rather than an evaluation of who is better and who is worse. If a user regularly leaves games in the middle and flees when it looks like they're going to lose, their social score is likely to be drowning somewhere deep in the negative, and one gets an idea of whether it's worth ever starting a new game with them next time for instance. If it happens to someone a few times, it shouldn't have much effect. At least that's how I see it. Of course, it's just a number, which in itself may not say anything and really should only serve as a hint. Certainly no one should be bullied simply because of a bad score.
Hope that makes sense.

Punteggio: +3

8. Destranis,

Of course, I get what you are saying. But there will always be someone bored enough to thumb down everyone's posts just because they can. See this thread for example. I mean I couldn't care less about a number like this but it's nonsense.

Punteggio: +1

9. Nikola,

So I'm a little confused, do you dislike social score or forum reputation? Since it's two different numbers, and your post talks about social score, but then the second one about the forum.

For forum reputation, there is a good protection against disliking everyone's posts just because you can. Perhaps the numbers should be adjusted, but when you dislike someone's post, you also get -1 in your own reputation, so you should do it only when a post is really not adding any value, or otherwise you also ruin your own score.

Perhaps something more will be adjusted though, Aminiel did say that this system is still under development. Perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea to no longer allow someone to dislike posts if their reputation becomes too low, or if they dislike too many in a row.

A system like this is really hard to design without any problems, but I fully agree with what Snake_eyes said above. Don't take it too seriously, but at the same time it's a good idea for example when hosting a tournament to check the social score.
For me personally, I'd never refuse to take someone who has a low social score, but I might take into account that they could potentially be unreliable and prepare a replacement in advance if needed.

In your example, if you get disconnected and repair everything in a few minutes, nothing will happen to your score, because you have at least 10 minutes to reconnect before you are kicked out from the table/Playroom.

Ultima edizione da Nikola, 31.08.2022 00:56:15

10. Mrityunjay,

Hi there, somebody I was playing with suddenly left, and my social score became negative. Is that a bug?

Punteggio: +2

Ultima edizione da Mrityunjay, 31.08.2022 11:13:25

11. Destranis,

Nikola, I understand your confusion, because at the first time I also didn't get the difference between social score and forum reputation. To be clear, I'm not a fan of forum reputation. Social score isn't that bad after all, although I don't think many people look at the statistics before playing with someone so this is just a number on its own. What I totally don't get is the fact that your reputation also decreases when you thumb down someone''s post. I mean, if someone was harmful, why does the system hurt you as well by decreasing your reputation only because someone behaved like an asshole? On the other hand, as I've said above, some people are bored enough to thumb down every single post they see, just because they can. We don't know who these people are, but they certainly don't cae about their reputation. I don't either, but it's mostly because I'm not really active here anymore.

Punteggio: -1

12. ibraheemmohsen,

I suggest including reputation points after each player's name, I mean after their status message.

Punteggio: +0

13. Vojvoda,

Hello, I have one thing to report: In chess, and I assume it's the same with other games such as connect 4, after the game finishes with a checkmate or abanndonning and the player leaves the table after it, he loses social score. This should not work like this, especially not in chess cause the games are very long and it's not likely that someone will wait too much or start a new game. I checked statistics of some players that mainly play chess and their social score is in minus because of this. Quite bad because social score should be especially useful for chess players.

14. Nikola,

Hello,
thanks for the fixes done so far.

As Vojvoda mentioned above this bug exists in Chess, but something else about Chess, if you just join a game of Chess which is already in progress to watch, and then leave it after a bit, even though you weren't a part of the game at all, your social score decreases.

Perhaps it's also a possibility in other games like Backgammon or Connect 4 which display the board to spectators, but I didn't test them yet.

15. Aminiel,

Thank you Vojvoda and Nikola for your reports.
I'll check chess and other strategy games.

Anyway, although social score is there since quite a little time now, I'm going to reset it when all bugs like this will be solved. I have no other way to fix unjustified negative scores.

16. Nikola,

In that case, before the reset, it's probably good to mention another bug…

The spectator mode is taken into account in all cases, even though it should not always be.
For example, if I am playing a game in progress, and I enable spectator mode while playing, now my social score is not affected at all, whether positively after the game ends, or negatively if I leave in the middle.
Normally, it should only be taken into account if I am not currently playing a game, and leaving a game in the middle should still decrease my score, or increase if i finish it, even if my spectator mode was on after the start.

17. Aminiel,

Hello,

Spectator mode is no longer always ignored. Your social score changes only if you are really participating in the game.

It's also fixed for chess at the end of the game. For connect four and reversi, you must press X currently.

18. Jatayu,

Actually I've always wondered why pr treates new board game(s) as rounds. I feel like this should be fixed to one game being treated well as a game. That would probably fix the social stuff too.

Punteggio: +1

19. Nikola,

Hello,
thank you for the fixes done so far, this works well, but another report:

I have tested this in Uno, I'm not sure, maybe it happens in other games where players get eliminated too. There were 3 players already playing a game, and I just joined to watch, but my spectator mode was not enabled.
However, after the game finished, my own social score increased, even though I was never a part of it and didn't play anything. This seems like something that should be resolved, since otherwise it's possible to artificially increase your social score without actually playing any games.

Thanks.

19 messaggi, 1 pagine:  1 ↖ Torna alla lista degli argomenti

Rispondere all'argomento

Devi aver loggato per postare.

Password dimenticata ? Crea un account