WE WANT TO HEAR YOUR OPPINION!

18 messaggi, 1 pagine: 1  ↖ Torna alla lista degli argomenti

Punteggio: +0

1. YNWA,

Dear all

After the success of the Cribbage tournament Teardrop and I are thinking about hosting A Spades competition during the Autumn and we would like to gage your opinion. Would you prefer a Team competition or an individual one?

Your views are welcome.

Thanks

Teardrop and YNWA

2. fire-starter,

team once. They're awesome

Ultima edizione da fire-starter, 28.07.2015 19:04:36

3. Riad,

Hello. First, congrats on making this awesome tournament and sorry for not being able to be there the second day.
Back to the topic:
well some of you might argue with me, but I prefer individual spades games, but team games aren't that bad. I'm ready to play in both cases, except if the time is not good for me :)

4. LaraStardust,

while I'll probably not take part, as I'm not great at spades, personally for a tornament I think individual, otherwise its not showing true skill on the spade game, its showing team work skills?

5. reklaw,

I think we can try to do some tournaments like this in teams, it would be great and different.

6. sopralto,

I would prefer it in teams. it would be a fun and different experience and would involve more strategy.

7. Cristina ,

Hello! I am for team too and agree what sopralto said. And if the organizers will decide for this cause of majority, then I guess that we will have a lot of fun especially if the competitors will choose to be fair and not to cheat sending those private messages during game for letting their teammate know about cards and strategy. If we really want a mixt of fun and seriosity, then it will be.Regards!

8. The-white-dove,

Many thanks to those who have already commented.

Your opinions are very important for us so don't hesitate to tell your friends about this topic, especially those who like to play this game, because we would like it to be an enjoyable event for all who will take part playing or just spectating and chearing up their friends!

Happy gaming!

YNWA and Teardrop

9. lucky-cat,

I would love to participate in a spades tournament. I would like teams. You guys did so well in organizing and keeping the cribbage tournament together, that I have no doubt in my mind that this one will also be a great success. Thanks for such a great and teriffic job and wanting to take the time and effort and all that good stuff that goes with it to want to do another tournament.

10. Epic_Krrish,

Well for me i will go for individual, because last time around for spades tournament, it was very hard to get your partners on time...
This is just my view.

11. aravis,

there are two sides to the question: playing in teams is certainly something different and challenging and it won't take much time, but on the other hand it'll be hard to decide which is the champion unless it's the whole team, and also i agree with what was said previously that it's harder to organize the matchesfor team games. one of the partners turns up on time, and the other doesn't, so the whole structure breaks. i also agree that a team game requires more strategy.

12. Cristina ,

I don't know how the organizers will decide to make this spades tournament. If it will be as Sevrior and mayank tried to make, then definitely will be a failure, cause people can not know exactly when their match must be played. As I remember the other trying was very confusing and cause of it the competitors could not know when to be here for playing their match. But if it will be as that jass tournament was then everything will work very ok. I support my view with this and keep being for a team game when it is about spades tournament. On the other hand I don't have idea how it will work such a tournament being played individual and not team game.

13. fire-starter,

i got an idea, u can sign up and make your own teams. If they dont come you're out

14. YNWA,

Most people look like they want a team competition but a couple can remember the last Spades tournament that did not go right as they say. The person that hosted it had all the information at his disposal but not the rest of the people who helped out. For example I could not contact him to know who was participating in the tournament so I could not make a draw. I can say for our Cribbage tournament Teardrop and Mayank had the names of the players and the draw in their dropbox folder. Had it had been hosted on the previous Monday morning my internet was off. Mayank and Teardrop could have carried on without me and still done a fantastic job. This is the reason we all shared responsibilities as we are a team.

As a result of not knowing about the players Mayank could not ask me to help out and at least get things started. This meant a Saturday was lost. On Sunday the Main organiser came and tried to get things going but it was too late. When a competition is organised and dates are changed it can cause problems. Remember you can have a team with 2 players the opposite sides of the world so just organising a game will prove very difficult with timezones involved.

Those factors will not be an issue for us. The issue will be the normal one of people not turning up as we had for the Cribbage tournament. Players pulled out for perfectly understandable reasons and we had no complaints as people were very good and gave us notice so we could look for others to take their place. As you know having 4 players in a game and not the usual 2 does complicate things but if you think that way then there will never be a team competition held in the PR and we don't want that. It is up to players and organisers to get things right as humanly possible to make these competitions work for the benefit of everybody.

Teardrop and YNWA

15. filibuster ,

Instead of the organizers deciding which players are apart of a given team, why not set up the tournament in a way that allows groups of people to form teams and come up with team names. This is one less step that the organizers have to worry about, allowing the organizers more time to configure ceeding and brackets.

16. LaraStardust,

yeah agree with that, plus that allows people who are used to working together to work together in a team.

17. YNWA,

We asked if people prefered an individual tournament or a team one not the organisers coming up with teams. I don't know any other tournament that will select teams so please don't put words in our mouths!

18. sopralto,

I think that especially since spades generally takes longer to play, each game should have a set time. Those teams can show up at that time, maybe give or take a few minutes, (within reason) but just like cribbage, if they don't show up, they're out. But each game should have a start time, unlike cribbage where everyone had to show up at noon and then many had to wait. That worked for cribbage but it will not work for spades, spades takes too long and people will not want to wait for others to finish. I think more people will show up if they have a schedule. This won't fix the entire problem, every tournament will have people not turning up to play, but I think this would help.

18 messaggi, 1 pagine: 1  ↖ Torna alla lista degli argomenti

Rispondere all'argomento

Devi aver loggato per postare.