looking for new books to read or lisin

31 messaggi, 2 pagine:  1 2 ↖ Torna alla lista degli argomenti

Punteggio: +1

1. Evertoneon,

i like edventure books and radio dramas

Punteggio: +0

2. YNWA,

You don't say what kind of books you have read so how do we know what you like or don't?

Try Wilbur Smith, recently I read a couple of his books and a lot of the action takes place in Africa. I can't remember how many of his books I have read but I have never been disappointed with any of them.

They have never been dramatized for radio but I know some have been made into films.

3. Emerald,

Lol complain then answer the question is not exactly a good combination. He wants a list of book titles not to be made feel bad because you thought he left out something vital. Please rephrase or think before you write anything on the forum or to anyone in general. Your responses could trigger others to feel a certain way. I don’t mean to put you down but you got to stop judging posts.
I apologise for making the topic go off track.
Dragon to answer your question i know i once heard a dramatised version of Anne of Green-gables.

4. Vojvoda,

I don't think Ynwa said here anything arrogant or aggresive what could make anyone feel bad. He just pointed out something and gave an answer.
Wilbur smith has very good books, I could not relate to them, I prefer when the books are set in europe or America. so I quitted reading cortney saga. I must suggest James Rollins Amazonia, it's a great adventure, interesting from the first to the last page, has everything a book should contain, plot twists, drama, romance, deaths etc.

5. Emerald,

Well pointing that out wasn’t needed, it was just an opinion that the user thought was needed in order to better answer. Could been put in a more gentle way but no worries.

6. Evertoneon,

i looking for book to read not to tell what i haven't read. go complane some where ells thanks
me or a

7. YNWA,

If you don't know a person how can you tell what they like or don't? If you have some idea what a person has read you have more of a clue. If you just want to find out titles of books then either use Google or go on the RNIB website and find talking books.

While here I might as well say something else and you will have to find out yourself by contacting them if you can get them...

Last year the RNIB decided to get rid of their braille library. When I read a braille book they send one out newly printed and either I can keep it or send for recycling.
They are giving nearly all their library to local schools in the UK and after to other people/countries that want them. They still may have some books available but you would have to find out... That means the RNIB has lost a lot of its original collection as the files are not on computer but it maybe good for someone else to get a good book for free.

8. Mortem,

If you are looking for a book to read and do not give any information as to what you have read and what you like, you might as well type "books" into Google or whatever. I can probably list dozens of books right now off the top of my head that I personally liked, but without any idea of genre, I won't waste the time.

9. metal_phoenyx,

Hello,

It is indeed difficult to make recommendations. Personally I am into detective novels at the moment, Michael Connelly and Lindsey Davis are my favourite authors these days. I should mention that my favourite books/authors change on a regular basis. As for audio drama, well, there are about 2500 of those or more in my collection, therefore it is definitely a real challenge trying to pick up something. I've been listening to an old BBC series from 1957 recently, A case for Dr Morelle by Ernest Dudley. Hope this may help you a bit. Enjoy any stories, they will make you better!

10. YNWA,

There are many great radio plays but Oliver Twist Charles Dickens (1970 version) and Also The Tunnel by John Vincent (1973) are just a couple I enjoyed. A gang are trying to dig under a shop to get into a jewellers but it is not as easy as that...

11. aayushi,

I am Aayushi and have red sherlock holmes stories, the alchemist by paolo Kohelo and think and grow rich. which next?

12. Negaar,

well I just was talking to a friend and I suggested reading and then there were none by Agatha Christie... I thought to post it here as well

13. sky360,

currently I am listening to a radio show called crime clasics. it is a show from the American armed forces radio back in 1953. real crime cases and awesome production. loving it

14. aayushi,

am reading ms marple and Poirot books from cristy. You can get them from YouTube.

15. sound2,

The radio version of and then there were none gave me the creaps. For some strange reason. Usually such things don't bother me, smiles.

16. aayushi,

can you tell a best self help book to read I have red the alchemist by paolo kohelo and how to win friends and enfluence people by del cardegi. can you recommend me more books please.

17. mohitarya,

the monk who sold his Ferrari . , tis a very good book

18. ubuntu,

the last frontier by alistair maclean

19. Mortem,

Why did the monk sell his Ferrari though?

Punteggio: +1

20. imprisonedindarkness,

I'm into reincarnation books this few months. I strongly, yes strongly, recommend "The Wandering Inn" if you like slice of life books. If you like young adult, anything from L.J. Smith is good. If paranormal romances, pick a book from Nalini Singh. Historical romances, Jude Deveraux. LitRPG, Divine Dungeon series by Dacota Krout. Hearth-lighted and something that would make you smile, read "There's no epic loot here, only puns" in Royalroad is a good choice. Military sci-fi with a tinge of interracial relationship, read The Vixen Warbride series by Thomas Doscher. Uh, I think that's all for now. Hahaha.

21. aayushi,

now a days I have started these three books. :

1. think and grow rich
  2. the law of success both by napolian hill
  3. how to make friends and enfluence people and all are great. if you have ideas of similar books please share. Thanks.

22. Caoimhe,

You can also read "The Alchemist" if you like those3.

23. Quintin-D,

Any luck with book 3?

24. aayushi,

the third one is great. I have already hurd the alkimist thank you for the sujestion.

25. Mrityunjay,

A Terrible Love of War by James Hillman. Shows you the tragic yet hilarious reality of the human race.

26. aayushi,

I have started ms marple stories. now a days I am lissening to Tuesday night club audiobook on and a merder is announced. both are great its on google play books so safe..

Ultima edizione da aayushi, 30.11.2023 17:32:15

27. triggered,

@Negaar I'm going to read agatha christie's books. they're on my reading list now.

28. aayushi,

now a days I am reading sherlock holme's stories. its amazing. its on google playbooks and there is a narrator which I love a lot. he is Steaven Scalend. I think he narrated the blind quest serious as well the voice sounds the same. his accesent is great and proper emotions with good voice modulation.

Ultima edizione da aayushi, 05.02.2024 14:06:35

29. gemmi,

any suggestion for crime thrillers?

30. Mrityunjay,

You want crime? Alright then. Angel of Mercy by Andrew Neiderman for one.

31 messaggi, 2 pagine:  1 2 ↖ Torna alla lista degli argomenti

Rispondere all'argomento

Devi aver loggato per postare.

Password dimenticata ? Crea un account