Playroom world cup, December game poll now available (~LabelDone~)

53 сообщений, 2 страниц:  1 2 ↖ Вернуться к списку тем

счёт: +51

1. Nikola,

Hello all,
welcome to the Playroom world cup topic!

This is a monthly competition, where all players represent the country of their choice. These countries have a global ranking, which is available in the table below.
If you want to take part and represent your country, please make sure to read this post completely so you can be familiar with the rules, and register for the next tournament in the appropriate topic. This topic is only for voting and choosing the game to be played each month, or for asking questions about the world cup itself.

Ranking of the countries

Last updated: December 31st.

Positioncountrynumber of points
1Canada36
2Serbia31
3India25
4Iran23
4Nauru, Trinidad and Tobago22
6Romania18
7Pakistan, Vietnam17
9Albania15
10Argentina, Yemen14
11Egypt, United States13
12Fiji, Lithuania10
13Bahrain, Czech Republic, Qatar9
14Ukraine7
15United kingdom6
16Bolivia, Slovenia, Switzerland4
17Bulgaria, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, Spain3
18Jordan, Turkey1

World cup rules

1. The idea is for every player wanting to participate to write the country they are coming from. They will represent their country. Each country will have its own place in the global rank. More about the ranking below. If, for some reason you do not want to say where you are from publicly, you can tell me privately as well, this is important only for the ranking of your country, which won't be associated with your name anywhere else.
  2. On the last weekend of each month, we'll play a tournament in one game. Note that different players can sign up each month, as I personally think that it would be a huge commitment to ask people to sign up once, and be present during 12 weekends in the entire year.
  3. Thus, for example, you can sign up for the January tournament, but choose not to sign up in February and March, and return again in April. You can of course suggest someone else to replace you in February and march to represent your country, but that is not required at all. This will also allow you to avoid signing up if you don't know how to play a particular game or just don't like it.
  4. Ideally, 12 to 16 players should be the minimum for every tournament, though this will depend on the game. All tournaments will be individual and team based games won't be played, simply because it is more complex to find teams to represent a single country, but also just because there is a lot more cheating in team tournaments.
  5. As this is a type of competition that will require commitment from both organizers and players, I will ask that if you sign up, please make sure that you can really be available for that weekend.
  6. Of course, life can be very unpredictable at times, thus I will allow people to be absent 3 times at most before they are completely disqualified and their registration will no longer be taken into account. This does not count if you have informed me about your absence at least 2 days before the tournament.
  7. Ranking: as said above, instead of ranking individual players, the point of this world cup is to rank the countries.
  8. If you win a tournament in a game, you'll win 5 points for your country. Reaching a second place will earn your country 3 points. Every single win you obtain in a tournament will give your country 1 point.
    The rankings will be posted every month after a tournament is concluded, with the final ranking in December.
    Assuming there are enough players and whenever this is possible, tournaments will be organized in such a way as to always draw people from different countries to play against each other, and avoid pairing matches with players from the same country. This also means that in some cases, if there is a large number of players from one country compared to any other, some of them might not play a given tournament in order to give other countries a fair chance.
  9. At the end of each tournament, we will run a poll to decide which game people would like to play next. The most popular game will be the one chosen for the next month. The poll will always close 2 weeks before a tournament, so this is when the final results will be taken. Every month, the poll will include 6 games to choose from: 2 card games, 2 dice games, and 2 board games. Of course, the final choice is only 1 game. Games will never be repeated, and the most important thing is to try to run a good variety of games every month. A tournament will take place during the last weekend of every month.
  10. As this is a tournament where I would like to emphasize internationalization, if you have friends who don't speak English but would enjoy a competition like this, feel free to invite them. Just make sure to be present to translate back and forth, making sure to start by fully translating these rules for them. Also be sure that they can play the chosen game in English.

If this all seems daunting and very long at first, don't be afraid. You can always message me to clarify anything that is unclear, in the end, the most important thing is to have fun.
Since this is an experiment to see how much interest for something like this exists, in addition to voting on the poll, feel free to also give your opinions about the rules. Does something seem unfair? Do you have a better idea?

I would also like to once again clarify that you are not supposed to register or sign up for anything in this first topic, just vote which game you would like to play as the first tournament.
Once a poll closes, a different topic related to the tournament of this month will be open. In this topic, you can find out the details of the current month's tournament as well as register.

Best of luck to everybody, and hoping for a successful, and most importantly, fun time!

счёт: +8

Последнее изменение Nikola, 31.12.2023 18:09:44

2. unolover,

that is a good idia

счёт: +2

3. ibraheemmohsen,

this is a good idea

счёт: +1

4. elections ,

sleep friend, your message is very long. rofl

счёт: -3

5. Spongebob,

@elections not funny. :)

счёт: -3

6. aloysius,

It sounds intresting!

7. sopralto,

this sounds really cool!

8. Mohammedradwan2003,

I love this.

9. gatia ,

Oh ya sounds cool

10. Angelina-princess,

This is an interesting idea! I like it. 👍

11. mohammed_albasha,

Great idea, I suggest that people who speak English as well as any other language coordinate with their countrymen who will be involved to translate the rules and be with them while playing matches, this can require a lot of effort but if there is an organization it may become easieGreat idea, I suggest that people who speak English as well as any other language coordinate with their countrymen who will be involved to translate the rules and be with them while playing matches, this can require a lot of effort but if there is an organization it may become easierr

счёт: +0

12. ibraheemmohsen,

mohammed: you pasted the message twice lol.

счёт: -1

13. prabhu,

something new, interesting, waiting to play the first one

14. cristina ,

It's a great idea!

15. ibraheemmohsen,

55 votes? just wow.

16. phoenix009,

Wow. This is a really cool idea.
I think we can even try to talk to some game companies or stuff to sponsor some prizes at the end of the year or something.
We could even keep some awards, such as best country in x game where x is a certain game and stuff.

17. Nikola,

Hello all,
thank you very much for your support and your votes.

As we can see from the result, the obvious winner for this month is Uno. Make sure to read the appropriate topic and register at https://qcsalon.net/en/forum49/topic107471

After that tournament is over, this topic will remain the central one for the future polls, but all of that will be announced in due time.

For now, the only thing remaining is to wish you the best of luck and a lot of fun!

18. blaise97,

hello,
the first tournament of the world cup is now over! the ranking of countries is now available in the updated first post, as well as a new poll.
enjoy!
Blaise

19. cristina ,

Hello,! Where's the pool of games we can vote for?
I cannot find it.

20. Urh2006,

I have to say, this is an amazing idea and I will do everything to promote it around to get more players.

21. Nikola,

Hello,
@Cristina if you are using the website, the poll is right below the first post of the topic. You can use your screen reader shortcuts to navigate by headings to quickly find it. You just have to check the box for the game you want to vote on and click send.
On the Windows client, the poll is the first item in the menu when opening the topic, and again simply check the box to vote and click vote on the poll at the bottom.

22. cristina ,

Ah ok, I will try then let's see if I'll succeed. lol

23. VOXX,

I cannot find, where to vote either. I am not on the website.

24. LovelessBoy,

Nice topic at all. I have been choosed first one. let's see, what is waiting for. please tell the indian time.

25. Aminiel,

Hello,

I realize that the answers aren't reset in the poll if you reuse it for a new poll on the same topic. So the results are probably going to be wrong. Until I fix this, I recommend to start a new poll in a new topic.

26. Nikola,

Hello,
@Aminiel I worked around this in the following way, let me know in case it's wrong, but my testing, both here and in my inbox showed that this seems to work correctly:
What I did is I first edited the topic, completely removing the previous poll, by removing its question as well as its answers, and setting the close date to 0 (not sure if that last step is really needed). I clicked send to submit this, and the topic definitely had no poll now.
After that, I made a second edit, this time creating the new poll. This also seemed to work correctly, and there were definitely 0 votes at the start.
So, I believe that the results are taken into account correctly this way, only since the creation of the new poll on 29.01.2023, and not from the previous ones.

Of course, this has a sideeffect that the previous results are completely lost, but in this case it's not really relevant, though in some other polls it might be important...

@LovelessBoy the time in India for all tournaments should be 10:30 PM, though just like in Uno, all tournaments will link to a site where you can definitely confirm this.

Последнее изменение Nikola, 01.02.2023 18:51:54

27. blaise97,

hello,
in adition to that, the vote is realy reset this way. in the previou one, the first option of the poll was the winer. in this one the last option have actualy the more number of vote, so i think this is definitly counted right.
thanks.
Blaise

28. Aminiel,

Hello,

OK. IF you did it in two steps, then it's fine. You absolutely need to do it in two steps.

In fact you just have to put a blank question and answers to delete the poll completely.

29. Nikola,

Hello all,
thank you very much for your votes, as always it's appreciated.

I have received some further feedback from people primarily from Asian countries that the chosen 6PM CET time is not ideal and is quite late.
Of course, the goal is to get representation from as many countries as possible, so I would like to adjust this, provided that this will be suitable for most people.
I have thus created another poll in this topic, where you will be able to vote for the time you prefer. There are two options, one to keep the time as it is, or another, to move it 3 hours earlier.

I would like to make it clear that, if the majority does decide to change the time, this will apply from the March tournament, since it is quite late now to change it for the one in February. I am of course sorry for the people who cannot take part in the first two tournaments due to time issues. As you can imagine, it isn't easy to accomodate everybody, and no matter what is chosen, it will always be either too late or too early for some countries.

Similarly, if in the future you have any other feedback related to the time, rules, or anything else, feel free to mention it, but try doing so on the forum, as it will allow other people to agree/disagree with it, and to decide what the majority would prefer.

Make sure to vote and share your opinions, and thanks for your participation.

30. codbro,

Hi, i'm in, i'll be representing the UK

53 сообщений, 2 страниц:  1 2 ↖ Вернуться к списку тем

Ответить на тему

Чтобы писать на форуме, вам нужно сначала войти.

Забыли пароль? Создать учётную запись