The all awaited, but not awaited, Reversi Tournament

21 сообщений, 1 страниц:  1 ↖ Вернуться к списку тем

счёт: +0

1. phoenix009,

Hi Reversi Fans [are there any?]

Let's end this horrible, horrible year with a fun little game. Reversi. godfather and I are planning to kick the year out of existence with the all-awaited reversi tournament.

Now, you may yell, or ask if you're polite, how is the tournament laid out?
Well, it's going to be an 8 player tournament, with knockouts in each round. We're going to draw out names, and the four winners will progress into the Semi Finals. The final two people will battle it out on the final reversi table of the year i mean of the tournament.

Ok, so you might still be yelling, when in this year is it?
Well, it's close at hand. It will happen on this Friday, that is the 20th of November, at 7:45 PM Indian Standard time. You can convert that into your own timezone by doing a quick google search.

But it ain't ending there, oh no! The two finalists will get to choose between a copy of swamp or Super Egg Hunt +.

Please write in on this topic to register!

Cheers!

2. Jatayu,

For participation, go here:
https://forms.gle/H3pykuBuxDC7CxJo6

3. Mrityunjay,

I'm in!

4. phoenix009,

Did you register? Great!

5. Jatayu,

Um, pran the form is a little, broken.... but i guess its not really an issue :D.

6. phoenix009,

I noticed. There's this weird question that is unlabelled and has unlabelled choices. Feel free to skip it.

7. Epic_Krrish,

Put me in.

8. phoenix009,

Great!

9. Nikola,

Hello,
what about the rules? Skipping turns even with a playable move and avoiding mandatory captures?

10. Jatayu,

Both of those are no, you cannot skip turns if there is a possibility to play, nor can you play if the move does not capture a peace.

11. phoenix009,

Oh yeah. Thanks for filling that in godfather! It completely slipped my mind when I was writing the post.

12. Nikola,

Thanks for the clarification, count me in then.

13. phoenix009,

Great! Keep the entries coming!

14. Moriarty,

Hi there,
heh, this will be probably a debacle for me, as basically all I know about the game are rules, but since it's practically not played at all, I will take the opportunity. :P
Sounds like fun.

Two notes though:

• The Indian standard time is utc +5:30, it would be great to include in the first post, as everyone can immediately calculate the shift without looking up anything.
  • Couldn't you possibly make the tournament fully played instead of based on knocking out? I mean, even if I lose the first round, I want to play with others as well and get my total position, not just the strongest player. You need to watch full capacity anyway at least in the first round, so it shouldn't be a logistic problem.

Thanks for organizing this, it'll be interesting to watch.

Best regards

Me

15. phoenix009,

Hi.

I assume you have filled out the above registration form?

16. Radiant,

how come pran is giving away super egg hunt and swamp everywhere :P, anyways, good work, I'm not familiar with the game so I'll not be particepating , good luck all. :-)

17. phoenix009,

Hi.

To answer your question, basically I contacted Liam and Aprone, and they agreed to sponsor 3 tournaments each.

18. anonymous ,

good luck!

19. pilote,

Count me in

20. undertaker,

Interesting, something new for sure. I'd love to join

21. phoenix009,

Cool!

21 сообщений, 1 страниц:  1 ↖ Вернуться к списку тем

Ответить на тему

Чтобы писать на форуме, вам нужно сначала войти.

Забыли пароль? Создать учётную запись