A chess bott

11 сообщений, 1 страниц:  1 ↖ Вернуться к списку тем

счёт: +0

1. LaraStardust,

Hello adminos
Hows life?
Anyways, i'm wondering can we have a chess bott?
Like, there aren't many chess players out there, and so, it'd be great if we can have a bott for chess, where as it is like in connect 4 where we choose levels:
i.e easy=just plays with little strategy
medium=thinks of some strategys
hard=uses actual chess techniques and is hard to beet
thanks!

2. Riad,

Hey man. Not a bad idea I think, since there are a few off-line chess games in which you can play against bots, but I don't know how much it will take to be done here if it will be.

3. wolfi,

it's so hard bro, and chess is 100% different than connect4 and it will be not fare if we're playing with bots.

4. guilevi,

The reason why I think this will never become a reality is because chess computers have to be extremely soffisticated. According to the few chess players I know, most chess bots out there are too basic, and while it's hard to beat them at first, it's easy to spot their patterns. There are a few good ones out there such as Shredder but they are really hard to make because of the way chess works.

5. wolfi,

exactly

6. spaceship,

To make a chess bot, you surely need to coppy from other chess engines, you cannot really create your own unless you are a master chess player.

The strongest free chess engine is stockfish, and it is much better than the human world champion.
But it has some extra things added to it, like opening chess book, and endgame database.

7. wolfi,

so actually is kind of hard to do

8. spaceship,

but first of all even if the developers get permition from the chess engines, the few bugs that persist must be fixed.

9. BhavyaShah ,

If there exists sufficient interest and demand in this proposal, I would appeal to the Playroom developers to keep a lookout for other open-source chess engines and games from which tye could borrow code for this implementation.
Build one's ownself wouldn't be possible, and borrowing code, ideas and techniques from other chess engines will be mandatory.
Thanks

10. spaceship,

@bhavyashah chess bots are one of the most difficult bots to program, I think.
Because there are certain types of bots that support only certain types of GUI(graphical user interface) and those interfaces are Winboard,and USI, and so on.

it is an extremely complecated thing to limit the strength of the bot, because if you do not limit then there really is no point in playing online at all, cause you can play offline with stockfish, which is much better than the world champions ever in the history.

11. BhavyaShah ,

Appreciate the explanation.
Best Regards,
Bhavya Shah.

11 сообщений, 1 страниц:  1 ↖ Вернуться к списку тем

Ответить на тему

Чтобы писать на форуме, вам нужно сначала войти.

Забыли пароль? Создать учётную запись