A suggestion for the notification sounds in the Playroom

8 сообщений, 1 страниц:  1 ↖ Вернуться к списку тем

счёт: +0

1. Exink,

Hello,

In the Playroom we have diferent sorts of notification events, such as private messages, administration messages, invitations, etc, and sometimes a same sound is played for two or more notifications. Then, I suggest that it would be great to be able to choose our own sounds for each event.

I know that this suggestion is already posted, but I don't talk about copying the sounds of other platforms, I mean to the possibility to choose diferent sounds, because there are a lot of sounds available to download, so there isn't problem regarding that..

What do you think about this? Thanks!

2. fire-starter,

good idea

3. Aminiel,

Hello,

The debate isn't at all new.

Ideally, we would like to redo the sound design entirely so that one sound is exactly one event. Not only because there are several unrelated events associated with the same sound, but also because playing with the pitch isn't supported on the web client.

However, we haven't been that much inspired so far, and, to be honnest, there are a lot of other things that are much more urgent.

4. Exink,

Not only because there are several unrelated events associated with the same sound, but also because playing with the pitch isn't supported on the web client.

But concerning this, I have a pair of questions:

• And what about if you create different sound files for the normal and pitched sounds? For example, you can have the normal cash sound of the monopoly, create a pitched version, put both versions to work separately in the server and so avoid the use of a sound effect trough the windows client to change it?
  • And HTML5 APY doesn't support adding any kind of sound effect at all, like pitch? In other words, isn't there any possibility to add this function?

Последнее изменение Exink, 25.05.2015 23:59:43

5. Aminiel,

And what about if you create different sound files for the normal and pitched sounds? For example, you can have the normal cash sound of the monopoly, create a pitched version, put both versions to work separately in the server and so avoid the use of a sound effect trough the windows client to change it?

Yes, but at that moment, I iwll be quickier changing all sounds directly. I don't want to manage a different sound scheme on the client and on the web.

And HTML5 APY doesn't support adding any kind of sound effect at all, like pitch? In other words, isn't there any possibility to add this function?

NO, at least not with the <audio> tag the web client is using at the moment.

6. Exink,

I don't want to manage a different sound scheme on the client and on the web.

No no no, I mean that you can use two sounds for two or more events, without the need to changing a sound scheme for the client and the web. For instance, in uno game, you can use the normal draw2 sound, create a copy of it, pitch it by -4 semitones and employ the pitched copy in the WildDrawFour card, in the web and in the client, commanding this to the server. Then, you won't need to use to sound packs for both platforms, because they're going to share the same, as normal.

So, if you need help for that, just tell me.

7. Aminiel,

Pfff... Anyway it isn't urgent.
I would like to do it only once, but well

8. gaurasuryavanshi,

the idea is good to have a different sounds for each event

8 сообщений, 1 страниц:  1 ↖ Вернуться к списку тем

Ответить на тему

Чтобы писать на форуме, вам нужно сначала войти.

Забыли пароль? Создать учётную запись