Add a rule in Farkle

5 сообщений, 1 страниц:  1 ↖ Вернуться к списку тем

счёт: +3

1. Borja ,

Message written with a translator.

Hi.
In Farkle with real dice, also known as 10000 in Argentina and other Latin American countries, there is a rule which means that to win the game you need to reach the exact score, without being able to exceed the limit. For example, if the limit is 2000, I cannot count more than 2000, I can only reach 2000 exact points. It would be nice if the possibility of using this rule was added.
Thank you.

счёт: +0

2. Aminiel,

Hello,

It looks interesting, why not.

Question, though: what happens if you have 1950 points and try to bank 100 ? Nothing is counted ? Or it's just rounded to 2000 exactly ?

Having this rule also means that you can't try to beat your opponent at last round. For example you have 1920 and your opponent has 1950 points. He banks 50, making 2000. You may want to try to make more than 80 points at your last round in order to beat him.
This rule would make this impossible, the first to reach the limit would have immediately won, since it's impossible to go beyond the limit. Is it really wanted ?

3. imprisonedindarkness,

I agree that this is a good idea. How about adding an additional draw rule?
Whenever both players happen to reach the limit in the end round at the same time, E.G., reaching the limit of 2000 , a new limit increased by an incremental value will be set. For example, the limit is 2000 and the incremental value is 200, so when the players reach the limit at the same time (2000), they have to break the draw by reaching the new limit, which is 2200. If the same thing happens for the second time, the limit will increase to 2400 and so on until the draw breaks. Of course, the table master can set the incremental value at the beginning of the game when the suggestion above is toggled on.
For the problem when banking, it's more interesting to count any over-the-limit points as zero. For example, the situation of having a score of 1950 and banking 100 above will just net you nothing, thus, a wasted move. This gives more complexity to the game and stop some players to spam the enter button when choosing dies. Some people seem to do that.
Of course, all of this is just a suggestion. If there's more exciting way to implement this, that's great!

Последнее изменение imprisonedindarkness, 23.06.2023 12:55:38

4. Quintin-D,

And what will happen if the limit is set to an odd value like 2001 or 2007? I think the limit that can be set will also need to be changed for this to work.

5. YNWA,

The other issue is that if the minimum score to bank is 40 and you require 35 then...

We have a saying and that is if it ain't broke don't fix it. Under the existing system if you require a big score then it is still possible to win!

счёт: -1

5 сообщений, 1 страниц:  1 ↖ Вернуться к списку тем

Ответить на тему

Чтобы писать на форуме, вам нужно сначала войти.

Забыли пароль? Создать учётную запись