something about the status messages

22 сообщений, 1 страниц:  1 ↖ Вернуться к списку тем

счёт: +0

1. gaurasuryavanshi,

hello all. as we know, the status messages are limited to 64 characters. in some cases, that's not enough for some messages lol. so my suggestion is the characters to be unlimited or to be with a longer limit than now. please share what do you think about that. regards!

2. LaraStardust,

I think a limit should be set, otherwise someone could write an essay, but perhaps limit it to 140 [the length of a tweet]

3. fire-starter,

hmmm, i personally think 100 is good enough

best regards

4. NovaLenada ,

i think the limit is of more than 64 caracters, but the admins or translators didn't change it yet.

5. The-white-dove,

You are correct, Diana, they are 90.

6. MuhammadHajjar,

What about doubling it to 128 :D.

Последнее изменение MuhammadHajjar, 03.08.2015 02:01:32

7. LaraStardust,

well what ever, it really needs to be a little longer heh otherwise you endupwritingitlikethisanditmakesnosense

8. wolfi,

I think it's gonna take a lot of space from the playroom and they're not ready for that right now

9. BhavyaShah ,

I doubt extending character limit of status messages will consume a significantly increased amount of server space. Technical comments on this point appreciated.
I too support the idea of extending the character limit of status message. Unlimited would not be ideal, but, a slight extension I feel is required.
I am unsure of the exact figures though...
Best Regards,
Bhavya Shah.

10. gaurasuryavanshi,

maybe 140 is good.

11. Exink,

Yes, with 100 or 140 characters like in a tweet is enough for sharing how do you feel in the day, to say how hard was the last school day, to write a proverb or quote, etc; and if the characters technically are a feu bites, it won't affect a lot the storing space in the playroom. Then, I support the suggestion.

Последнее изменение Exink, 03.08.2015 22:04:56

12. LaraStardust,

WEll with out going into to much detail, it will use a small amount of more server space because it is storing more characters i mean the lowest i've seen for all servers in 300 people connected. if 1 3rd of them set status, tht is 100 people, 100 times 140 characters equals 14000 characters that the server has to store, and restore and save every time it is lookedat, called up, etc

13. Exink,

But if we asume that the text is saved as text without format like in a Notepad file, it won't be a lot anyway, because there's no data about the fount, the color of the letters, etc, since a .txt is very small for these reasons which I've just mentioned. Therefore, the memory use will be a bit bigger, but only for some kilobites... Except if the text uses more space here...

Последнее изменение Exink, 04.08.2015 04:24:31

14. Aminiel,

This is not a size problem. Even if all messages together take a few megabytes, it's ridiculously small for a database.

However, think how long it is for a list item in a list box. An item in the Ctrl+U/Ctrl+F already contains the nickname, the language, the table where he is, his status (connected/absent/busy)), additionally to the humor message. It's already extremely long for a list item.

Effectively the limit is 90 characters. I forgot to modify it in the translation, it will be done soon, sorry.

15. Exink,

Yes, if you navigate with the JAWS cursor, sometimes it is unreadable. But is it the same with the PC cursor?

16. BhavyaShah ,

Dear Aminiel,
I was wondering - does the status message for each person need to be shown in the Ctrl + U dialog?
Diverse opinions from different people (including Aminiel, of course) appreciated.
Best Regards,
Bhavya Shah.

17. wolfi,

and how about the people are not in your friends list, can see your status message, that will be cool in my opinion

18. BhavyaShah ,

Good point as well.
Could it somehow be that the list item control has only a certain amount of the status message and to view the complete status message, we may have to press Enter, or do so through an option in a context menu?
Just thinking aloud...

19. fire-starter,

i think not quiet, that isn't a good idea, becausee status messages is something with your friends.

20. LaraStardust,

yeah for once I agree with Jason lol
that is kind of the point of your friends list

21. gaurasuryavanshi,

yes. the status message is for your friends only, I think there's no need the whole playroom to know how are you feeling or something, that you want to keep in secret for all people , but want to show it to your friends

22. BhavyaShah ,

The majority vote goes for no status message for folks not in your Friends list.
Aminiel,
Thoughts welcome.
Best Regards,
Bhavya Shah.

22 сообщений, 1 страниц:  1 ↖ Вернуться к списку тем

Ответить на тему

Чтобы писать на форуме, вам нужно сначала войти.

Забыли пароль? Создать учётную запись